need a squat rack

Posted by: alphawolf

need a squat rack - 08/15/07 03:39 PM

I desperately need a squat rack for a cheap price if anyone of you guys has one you could sell. I can't afford the 400-500 dollar ones right now and after thinking about how i've been training for the past year it is just much too dangerous. When doing squats i position two sturdy chairs horizontal to eachother and lay the barbell across the two chairs, then CRAWL under the bar and hoist the god damn thing up using my back to begin. I do this regularly with around 250 lbs, and considering i only weigh about 160ish now its just too dangerous. I haven't had any accidents so far but after considering the dangers of what i have been doing i need to stop.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: need a squat rack - 08/15/07 04:00 PM

Check E-bay, you will get a better response there alphawolf.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll...&category0=

You are correct, that is extremely dangerous and you are asking for problems. The thing is if you want to work out at home you have to invest otherwise you are limiting yourself or such like yourself, looking at injuring yourself. Your back being compressed like that cannot be good for you and being probably young you may get away with this for a short time but only a short time.

Take care of yourself today so that you can continue to do the things you want in the future. And remember, it may seem like a lot of money but it is an investment.
Posted by: MastaFighta

Re: need a squat rack - 08/15/07 04:19 PM

You could always get a membership at a gym.

$400-$500 is pretty cheap compared to what a majority of benches (good ones anyway) go for ($1,000-$6,000).

This is the cheapest one I could find on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/PSM144X-PowerLine-...8957&sr=1-4

I would strongly recommend you stick with smith machines if you don't have a spotter.
Posted by: danny81

Re: need a squat rack - 08/15/07 04:28 PM

i havea better idea. i did this mtyself. get adjustable horses. the ones you use to lay wood across when cutting and use that as a squat rack.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/15/07 05:40 PM

No, don't do make shift squat racks. You want something that is designed to carry the weight plus designed to hold the weight properly. My squat rack I know all if have to do is walk into it and the bar on my shoulders once it hits the metal holders all I have to do is lower it. You don't want something where the bar can roll forward or backwards or shift on you. Plus taking it off the bar you want something solid and the correct height. You should never have to lower yourself into a crouch or bend over to pick up a weight. It should be a slight down and straight up motion so that you can have the bar squarely on your shoulders so that you can balance it to ensure you have the proper stance before you lower and lift. Properly done you should be able to easily (or semi easily) walk around with the bar on your shoulders never being at risk when first lifting it as you've put not stress on your muscles.

If you are going to do this right then do it right. Don't hammer that nail in with the end of butter knife. The right tool for the right job; the right piece of equipment for the right exercise.
Posted by: Cord

Re: need a squat rack - 08/15/07 05:50 PM

Agree with dereck. Makeshift or adapted structures are a recipe for disaster.
Personaly, If i were insistent on spending money on home equipment and not joining a gym, I would get a power rack, an adjustable bench, and an olympic bar and weights set. Look on ebay and in local classifieds- plenty of people with good intentions sell this stuff on at a fraction of the new-price. Also search the net for companies that sell reconditioned professional equipment to gyms- they will sell to private persons as well.

For a good power rack, a heavy duty bench, a 7ft olympic bar and 300lbs of weight you would be looking at $800-$1000 brand new, and will probably have to pay $4-600 second hand. Its a lot of cash, but it is the only bit of kit you will ever truly need.
The other option is to join a gym with these facilities and pay a more manageable monthly fee for their use.
Posted by: Viator

Re: need a squat rack - 08/15/07 09:30 PM

There was a thread on sherdog a while ago about building your own power rack. If I recall it ended up costing the guy about $100 dollars in steel, but he had welding expertise and did all the metal work himself. I'll try and look up the thread at work tomorrow, sherdog never seems to work right at home.

btw, alphawolf, stop trying to kill yourself.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/16/07 10:47 AM

Found it:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=400496&highlight=power+rack
Posted by: alphawolf

Re: need a squat rack - 08/16/07 04:22 PM

i am going to a local gym today or tomorrow to check it out, if that doesn't workout i will do some more searching around on ebay.
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: need a squat rack - 08/16/07 06:50 PM

It might be worth looking at a site like www.freecycle.org and see if anyone is trying to get rid of a squat rack in your area (I can't see them having a big resale value).

Alternatively you could just go wrestler style and get up to 500 hindu squats (I've never been able to do it)

Re: need a squat rack - 08/17/07 03:32 AM

Quote:

Alternatively you could just go wrestler style and get up to 500 hindu squats (I've never been able to do it)

NOOOOOOO! You know what being able to do 500 hindu squats does for you? It means that you are able to do 500 hindu squats for a bet if challenged. It does not mean that it has created fight applicaple power or performance. Crazy volume/duation bodyweight work is a fine way of grinding your cartiladge to dust and setting up long term debilatating joint problems.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/18/07 04:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

NOOOOOOO! You know what being able to do 500 hindu squats does for you? It means that you are able to do 500 hindu squats for a bet if challenged. It does not mean that it has created fight applicaple power or performance. Crazy volume/duation bodyweight work is a fine way of grinding your cartiladge to dust and setting up long term debilatating joint problems.

I would like to see some evidence that high volume work such as this grinds cartilage or causes debilitating problems. Do you have any links to resources that I could read up on?

Re: need a squat rack - 08/18/07 10:27 PM

It should be common sense that high volumne low weight work is, at the very least, not going to be fight specific beneficial to you. As for studys, none on hand, just anacdotal evidence. I'll do some research.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/19/07 04:29 AM

Quote:

I would like to see some evidence that high volume work such as this grinds cartilage or causes debilitating problems. Do you have any links to resources that I could read up on?

Does running 1000 paces stimulate strength and power in the legs, or promote stamina and development of the cardio-respiratory system?

Sustained sub maximal activity promotes aerobic capacity, and endurance in that specific activity.

Now there is nothing wrong with developing your steady state aerobic capacity, but it has little to do with the demands placed on the body during MA training, when the effort is not linear.

As for the cartiladge. removal of the meniscal cartiladge in distance runners/soccer players etc is one of the single most common operations in the sporting world, and what we call a 'bread and butter' situation in the rehabilitation professions, ie. its a staple source of income due to its regularity.
every time you articulate a joint, the cartilage is 'rubbed' against on each side by the bones involved. This causes ware and tear- like waves eroding the rocks on the sea shore.
The higher the volume of articulation, the greater the wear on the cartiladge. As the cartiladge 'errodes' it fragments, and leaves detritus in the synovial capsule, this in turn leads to discomfort and debilatation of joint movement (be like putting sand in engine oil). In the young and active, the first remedy is to drain the waste via arthroscopy, and leave the remaining cartiladge in place to be of what help it can. If its too worn, or the person is older, or it is a second arthroscopy for the same condition, then they just whip the cartiladge out and allow the bones to grind together. Short term this alleviates all problems, but long term, where there was once cartiladge errosion, there is now bone errosion as they grind each other to dust, so long term maintenance is vital.

one of the beauties of proper strength training is the low volume- you get great results very efficiently with low amounts of work. This makes it very joint friendly.

now your average isometric junky is volume crazy- 500 hindu squats, 400 push ups, 1000 sit ups etc. and thats per workout, not per week!

if you run your car on the motorway at 70 mph in 3rd gear at 8000 rpm, and I run mine in 5th gear at 3000 rpm, whos engine will last longer?

The body is in a state of inevitable degeneration. You can either reapect that and find efficient ways to keep it healthy as you seek your goals, or you can wear it out and suffer the consequences in later life.

Sir steve redgrave (olympic rower) was an amazing athlete, but the volume intensive nature of rowing lead to an MRI showing that upon retirement his spine was effectively 30 years older than he was! This is a price he paid to become one of histories greatest olympians.
If you wish to make a similar sacrifice to look good in a t-shirt or to do a bit better in your wednesday night kickboxing class then that is your prerogative, but dont expect me to encourage it- especially when there are more effective, more efficient and less harmful ways to go about it.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/19/07 01:45 PM

Very good post Cord. In respect to athletes, I work with a ex pro CFL Football player (retired with the BC Lions). He like others who did their time on the line, have pain and discomfort raising their arms above their shoulders due to the continual impact and wearing of the joints and cartilage. I had confirmed this with him after I was told this by my Sports Doctor, who is an ex NHL multi Stanley Cup winner (retired with the Edmonton Oilers), who treats many football players. That continued repetition is demanding on the body and its joints and wear and tear will happen but at what rate is up to you. I am a big believer in "train smart today for a better life tomorrow".

Re: need a squat rack - 08/19/07 04:18 PM

Interesting posts, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I would still like to see some actual studies or evidence around this though. Taking the example of an Olympic athlete is a fair one, but his diet and regime may have been poor at some point or other poor training methods may have not been considered.

I suppose I'm really at a loss why people think this is such a big thing anyway (although Cord, I do agree with your statement that the use of being able to do 500 squats is not much use other than to be able to do them).

In fact an example of a rower is a good one, they probably pull more with their bodies than their bodyweight for repetitions far exceeding 500.

Reason why I'm a little skeptical is that I did a bit of research a few years ago and not a single person or resource that could give me any credible references to studies conducted except Tom Kurz who, although thinks doing 500 squats is useless, states that you should be able to do 100 before you start lifting with weight.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/20/07 03:22 PM

Quote:

I would still like to see some actual studies or evidence around this though.

this is the problem with the world of the internet, it presumes that any info given by an individual has been sourced on the net. In my case, that is not true. I cant let you see the real world examples of these problems that I treated as client info is private and medical in nature, so the decade of client files I still have from being a sports therapist are confidential.
when it comes to a specific study of high rep bodyweight exercise in relation to RSI, bursitis and cartilage degradation, i doubt any such study has been comissioned, mainly because isometric work is never used exclusively, so results would be inconclusive.
If you search for studies on joint wear in general (especially knees and hips) you will find info on the condition. The fact that knees and hips are the most common joints to suffer these symptoms, and that we are bi-peds who travel through articulation of these joints more than any other should trigger a common sense link in your mind anyway. A lifetime of walking, using stairs etc, catches up with the joints of many as they reach retirement age. add in 500 hindu squats 2 x per week in their youth and you are talking about an additional 52000 gross motor articulations per year. That WILL take its toll.

Quote:

Taking the example of an Olympic athlete is a fair one, but his diet and regime may have been poor at some point or other poor training methods may have not been considered.

Thats not the case. his sport is, in its nature, volume intensive, and so is much of the training. now this is where i turn into a scratched record- HIGH PERFORMANCE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL ATHLETES ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LONG OR SHORT TERM HEALTH! They are interested in performance and success, at the expense of everything else- family, friends, love, health, long term wellbeing. That is why performance enhancing drugs are rife, its why they go through hell in training, its why they dose up on painkillers and compete with torn muscles. Nothing matters but the win; and it comes at a price to the body.

Quote:

I suppose I'm really at a loss why people think this is such a big thing anyway

I will tell you why I think its a big deal. In every gym in the world, every day, motivated hard working people are wasting hours of their lives doing exercise for exercise sake, not understanding how or why it effects the body. these people are often setting themselves up for injury and long term muscle imbalance, overtraining and failure. They are hamsters running in a wheel with no idea why or where they are going. Acumulatively, that is days, weeks, months even, wasted that can never be regained. Time that could be spent with loved ones, persuing other hobbies, studying, working, laughing, whatever. That is a tragedy born of misconception and misinformation that still passess as 'training methods' in the modern world. I have the knowledge to do something about it, in my own small way, and so use this forum to reach those who will listen with a better alternative.

Quote:

although Cord, I do agree with your statement that the use of being able to do 500 squats is not much use other than to be able to do them

Good. But if thats the case, why on earth say this?

Quote:

Alternatively you could just go wrestler style and get up to 500 hindu squats

That is a real person you have advised to do something that you dont believe in. Why?
Behind every post is a real person who has a real body that can be improved or damaged by the advice they choose to take. Thats why its 'such a big thing' to get it right.

Quote:

Tom Kurz who, although thinks doing 500 squats is useless, states that you should be able to do 100 before you start lifting with weight.

Sorry, but that is ridiculous. Bodyweight squats for strength gain are only valid if your legs and core are so weak that you gain the same physiological and neurological response/improvement that you would experience with 5x5 style lifting. 100 squats is an ineficient method of working on leg endurance. Endurance stimuli does nothing for improving strength, so why on earth enforce training for the wrong goal on yourself? Better to get your technique right and start challenging your body in the appropriate manner as soon as possible.
Unless of course you think that a sprinter should not be allowed to run fast until he proves he can jog a jalf marathon? Its the same difference.

Heavy weight, low rep work takes much less time, improves tendon and ligament strength, and works.

High volume repetetive exercise often causes tendonitis, bursitis, is ineficient in regards to time and amount of adaption in relation to amount of exercise.

To use your advice, if I work up to 500 hindu squats per workout and do that twice a week, where do I go from there 600? 800? 1000? After 3 years when I have worked up to doing 2000 hindu squats a week, and every workout is making me late for work, where do I go? volume is a sure fire way to destroy your body, that why 'progressive resistance' is always a safer, more efficient method of training.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but i assure you I am right.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/20/07 06:00 PM

Thanks Cord, you do make a good argument (And passionate one!). I think the key points for me is the 'wasting hours of your life' argument, which is probably THE reason why I will agree that 500 hindu squats is a bad idea.

As a note though - the 100 hindu squats is meant as a preparing activity for a beginner - so your comment of chronically weak would be a good one (I wouldn't expect someone who squats regularly to do this). In your runner/sprinter example, it would be like getting someone that doesn't do any exercise to do the fastest sprint they could - it would probably make them keel over!! This is the same for a 100 rep hindu squat to that of adding weight.

As for the comment of advising stuff I don't believe in, I still think this is far safer than squating from a home-made rack (which is what the post was originally about). I also think it's far safer than methods taught in many of the UK's training halls and gyms (I still see 90 degree squats taught as gospel - eek!)

To clarify the statement about it not being a big deal - I meant that 500 squats isn't physically a big deal (as opposed to the advice given on a post not being a big deal).

Reason why, is it sounds high but but think about it, a doctor will give an overweight person who is chronically weak and unfit and probably a host of health issues including that of joints and tell them to do 10,000 steps walking per day. in say a 16 stone guy, that's 5,000 steps on each leg with 16 stone being rammed down it for each step (sorry I have no idea how to work out movement and how much this would increase the weight by). Basically, I really can't see why a fit amateur Martial Artist would find 500 hindu squats an issue anyway and why this would be considered as high volume causing tedonitis etc. (I've seen enough aerobics classes do these sorts of numbers)

Overall though, I concede that 500 hindu squats, for whatever reason is a bit of a rubbish idea. Although I would still recommend 100 to a beginner who hasn't touched weights before [UKFF now goes and plans his super-squat routine for the next 6 weeks and can't remember why he ever thought 500 squats was a good idea in the first place... UKFF blames Matt Furey propaganda]

Seriously though, thanks for the debate!

Re: need a squat rack - 08/20/07 06:22 PM

Browsing around the web and saw this:

http://www.stadion.com/mailings/mailing08142007.html

I think the comment reflects my sentiment - as opposed to a dogma around training:
Quote:

"...that sports training is not a one time event—it is a process with
many variables that can be controlled. (For the slow of mind, an
explanation: You feel what you do and adjust your exercises
accordingly to the guiding principles in the columns mentioned
above.)"

Re: need a squat rack - 08/20/07 06:30 PM

Good debate, I rather enjoyed this. Both thought out and respectable, excellent job.

I think what Thomas Kurz is saying is that they should be able to do this if they tried, based on their training but it is not necessary. For myself doing over a 100 push-ups should not be a problem but it is not necessary to do them to prove it. I know I can do them easily as I've done them but I didn't have to as working with heavy weights and low repetitions and making gains should be enough. My Yamaha YZF-R6 can do 300 Km/Hr (187 mph) but I don't have to do it to know it.

Again good stuff guys.
Posted by: Al_Fernz

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Taking the example of an Olympic athlete is a fair one, but his diet and regime may have been poor at some point or other poor training methods may have not been considered.

Thats not the case. his sport is, in its nature, volume intensive, and so is much of the training. now this is where i turn into a scratched record- HIGH PERFORMANCE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL ATHLETES ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LONG OR SHORT TERM HEALTH! They are interested in performance and success, at the expense of everything else- family, friends, love, health, long term wellbeing. That is why performance enhancing drugs are rife, its why they go through hell in training, its why they dose up on painkillers and compete with torn muscles. Nothing matters but the win; and it comes at a price to the body.

You should sticky this thread it's awesome.

One question in relation to this debate - why is it commmon for women gymnasts flourish at such young ages and then suffer injury before they hit their 20's? Would it be because of over-training in their youth etc.?

And is it something Martial artists should be looking out for in terms of over-strething etc.?
Posted by: Ryan_from_Texas

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 12:03 PM

Well, my guess is that to be a to perform at the highest level gymnastic athletes have to be incredibly flexible and athletic and mabye flexibility reaches its peak in its teen years. As they get older they might lose some of it and not be able to perform at the same level and are more prone to injury. I really have no idea simply a logical guess. I am interested to hear what others think or know.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 03:24 PM

Quote:

why is it commmon for women gymnasts flourish at such young ages and then suffer injury before they hit their 20's? Would it be because of over-training in their youth etc.?

thats exactly right. All sports have a 'shelf life' that limits the age of the athletes taking part at the highest level. gymnastics is a brutal discipline that takes pre-pubescent kids and subjects their developing bones to impact, over flexiblity of the joints, incredibly high work rate and a lot of injuries. Next time they televise gynmastics look at the girls taking part- some of them are as old as 19, but look no different to the 13 year olds in the same competition, thats ammenorrhea- extreme low bodyfat hampering normal hormone production and development into maturity.
They push their bodies hard from a young age, and pay the price at a comparatively young age.

UKFF says that he doesnt consider 500 rep squats 'that high' a volume, yet he also stated that he has never managed it, so draw you own conclusions on the stress placed on the body from that.

As for it being better than working without a proper rack for weighted squats, i disagree also. options preferable include : learning to clean, and from there, do front squats. Deadlifts. Weighted lunges. overhead squats with comparatively lighter weight.
These all will limit repetitions and stimulate your physiology both appropriately (ie. make you stronger, as opposed to working endurance), and more efficiently.

It really is common sense- if you had a choice of buying either of two identical cars, they both were the same age, had full service history, and were in the same condition, but one had 30,000 on the clock, and the other had 90,000 on the clock, you would go for the lower mileage. Less wear and tear, greater chance of the engine having a longer trouble free life.

We all need to avoid doing unnecessary mileage- we do not want to peak, burn out and be left unable to practice what we love to do. I want to be training into my 90's if I am still around to do it, not sitting in a wheelchair showing a cute nurse pictures of me 'in my prime' and her not being able to imagine this withered shell as a once strong active guy.

Train smart, train to improve you life, train lifelong.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 04:08 PM

Quote:

UKFF says that he doesnt consider 500 rep squats 'that high' a volume, yet he also stated that he has never managed it, so draw you own conclusions on the stress placed on the body from that.

I am incredibly lazy.

But in all seriousness - a ten mile run would cripple me right now. I'm sure there are plenty of runners out there which would think 10 miles is easy and would just give them a good nights sleep.

My current poor condition shouldn't set the standard.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 04:13 PM

Quote:

As for it being better than working without a proper rack for weighted squats, i disagree also. options preferable include : learning to clean, and from there, do front squats. Deadlifts. Weighted lunges. overhead squats with comparatively lighter weight.
These all will limit repetitions and stimulate your physiology both appropriately (ie. make you stronger, as opposed to working endurance), and more efficiently.

I would agree with this.

Additions would be angles of lunges e.g. having one foot on a bench behind you (this actual feels like a one legged squat and is difficult).

Also, side lunges and reverse lunges will increase adductor strength if you are interested in flexibility.

It all really depends on your goals - do you want to get big? Do you want to get strong?

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 04:18 PM

Quote:

My current poor condition shouldn't set the standard.

Nor should the achievements of the highest echelon of athletes.

A hobbyist MA'er, a person training for health, wellbeing and to look ok on the beach, has no need to subject themselves to the rigours of this sort of physical stress.

Why do 100's of reps to achieve what you can achieve in 5? that is just silly

Running is a terrible example btw. Those who run middle/long distance on a regular basis pay for more physio's holidays than any other active persons.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 06:35 PM

Quote:

Running is a terrible example btw. Those who run middle/long distance on a regular basis pay for more physio's holidays than any other active persons.

Maybe true, I am not as exposed to as many injured people as you are, although I have met many runners and I have not heard of such an epidemic.

As a general point, I'm still not convinced that high rep hindu squats are as evil as you make out. As stated before, I concede that there are more effective ways to reach different types of goals especially pertaining to MA. We can agree on that, and from an advice point of view I would go with your recommendations.

I also agree with many of your points and examples regarding certain types of injuries. I just can't visualize the excessive ware and tare on the knee joint on a minimal impact exercise (no jarring or high impact) - I can't see it being any more of a high impact than jogging a 1000 steps.

Also initially time was sighted as an issue - but even if you waited 4 second intervals (that is a long time), it would still only take 25 mins to complete 500.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 06:47 PM

Quote:

Well, my guess is that to be a to perform at the highest level gymnastic athletes have to be incredibly flexible and athletic and mabye flexibility reaches its peak in its teen years. As they get older they might lose some of it and not be able to perform at the same level and are more prone to injury. I really have no idea simply a logical guess. I am interested to hear what others think or know.

From my very limited knowledge of gymnastics, and my above average knowledge of flexibility training I think many of the issues are caused by unhealthy and excessive training methods that are inflicted (I say inflicted as some of the stuff I have heard/seen footage of where a coach are basically assaulting young teens is terrible).

There is no reason why a healthy person with a normal range of mobility can't reach maximal splits etc. at any age. This is not just for teens! Through proper training (weighted squats and deadlifts actually being a good start) you could get excellent flexibility.

The only advantage teens and children have is that you can stretch tendons a lot more effectively (I say effectively, it is a very, very bad idea).

As for being more prone to injury as a person gets older - I think its more likely that they were injured to badly during their competition years.

We are not talking simple squat movements here, we are talking pushing the body beyond what it was safely intended to do (forced splits, bridges etc.).

I can still kick at head height at any time of the day without the risk of injury with just a few minutes of dynamic stretching first thing in the morning - and I haven't trained in a kicking art for a few years now.

Splits aren't really important for a kicker in MA, but it's achievable in a relatively short (and pain free) amount of time if you want it.

Re: need a squat rack - 08/21/07 06:52 PM

Quote:

And is it something Martial artists should be looking out for in terms of over-strething etc.?

Don't feel any pain during stretching and you should be okay.

As per previous post, it depends what you want from your stretching. If it's just for kicks - dynamic stretching all the way.

To look cool in a split (that's all it is really that useful for, unless you are doing display type martial arts - which I have no problem with by the way!) fastest results will be seen in a combination of strength and isometric training.

To be able to hold your legs in a high position (like a dancer would), also useless for actual kicking - static active stretching is what you are after.

Get honest about what you want, and how fit and strong you are now and the results will be easy!!

Re: need a squat rack - 08/22/07 12:28 AM

Quote:

Maybe true, I am not as exposed to as many injured people as you are, although I have met many runners and I have not heard of such an epidemic.

and I know plenty of smokers who have not had heart attacks or cancer. Does this mean i should ignore the inherent risks of both involved in smoking and light up?

Quote:

Also initially time was sighted as an issue - but even if you waited 4 second intervals (that is a long time), it would still only take 25 mins to complete 500.

My entire full body resistance workout takes me 35- 40 mins. Remember, aside from the extra unecessary wear and tear involved in high rep work, you are also changing the fundamental results gained from your exercise. 500 hindu squats performed over 20 mins will, at best, build some degree of leg stamina/endurance. there are again, better ways of doing this if its your goal, and as alphawolf is training for strength high rep work is of ZERO use to him.
If someone asks directions to the cinema, you dont send them to the bowling alley because you think its a better place to spend an afternoon.

like I said, i can only offer advice on here, my word is not law, but if you want to minimise the risk of negative repurcussions from your training, you will always look to what is most efficient for your body, but they are your joints to wear, and its your time to spend as you wish.