Resting for strength?

Posted by: VietPanda

Resting for strength? - 07/06/07 08:13 PM

Hi
I'm 17 years old and I've noticed how sometimes resting between days with exercise can increase the muscle bulk more than if I exercise every day
Am I just imagining things? lol

Thnx!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Resting for strength? - 07/06/07 08:48 PM

No, you're not imagining. Your muscles can only grow when they get rest. That's why you'll read a lot about the need to avoid over-training here.
Posted by: albowrx

Re: Resting for strength? - 07/16/07 12:33 AM

You can workout everyday but you can`t do the same muscle group everyday.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Resting for strength? - 07/16/07 01:23 AM

That is true but as you get older working out everyday will put a toll on your body that will break it down; physically and mentally. Remember, work out less - work out smarter. The more experience you have you will find to maintain will take only once or twice a week. To make gains only two or three times a week. And unless you are competing don't give up your life, I've made that mistake before that effected my relationship with my wife and daughter not to mention friends. Nothing wrong with wanting to be healthy and strong but don't let it become an obsession. If you were to pass suddenly I'm sure you would rather be known for being a great guy then just that guy who worked out all of the time. Find a balance for everything so you never have any regrets.