Training after stress fracture

Posted by: Mr_Moogle

Training after stress fracture - 09/13/06 10:12 AM

Sorry, had to post it here as I wasn't getting any replies and response from the Body Mechanics forum. Could any of the mods or the admins please go and lock or delete that thread, thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience. Anyways...

Hello, just here asking some questions regarding training after fractures.

Well, the situation goes like this. I apparently have a stress fracture on the lower 1/3rd part of my left leg and yea the doctor said I should lay off my Karate and stuff for the next 4 weeks or so, which I'm doing. Although yea, it is ok to train the upper body.

While I'm recovering, are there any low stress exercises I can do with my legs? Kicking and long distance running are out of the question, of course. I was thinking of going into horse stances or just some stretching. Just some light leg exercises which won't put a lot of stress. I don't want my leg (technique and whatever) to become overly rusty.

So yea, please reply as soon as possible. I just want to any tips or some light leg exercises I can do while the 4-5 weeks pass by, thanks.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Training after stress fracture - 09/13/06 11:01 AM

Check with your doctor or a physical therapist. I assume you would want something very low impact, like possibly swimming or perhaps yoga/pliates?