Biceps

Posted by: nicegi

Biceps - 06/26/06 08:42 AM

Hey, ive got a quick question on bicep thickness and id appreciate some help as i cant find this mentioned. ...hard to explain really but i'll try, basically you know how bicep curls and other excersises increase the mass of your biceps (duh), well what about the width? My biceps seem to be getting much bigger but at the same time as a thinner width...ah hard to explain but i was told that i should just do more and it will 'balance itself out'. What do you guys think? (If you understood a word!)
Posted by: Eric4444

Re: Biceps - 06/26/06 10:25 AM

You could try Incline Hammer Curls.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Biceps - 06/26/06 05:22 PM

You cant 'peak' 'thicken' 'lengthen' or change in any way the shape of your biceps. Its genetic.
by doing hammer curls, zottoman curls,and neutral and overgrip pulling movements, you incorporate the brachialis muscle more, and this is the principle muscle in the upper forearm that gives the 'thick' look to the arm.
The bicep is not just an elbow flexor, it is also a principle supinator of the hand. by doing dumbell curls from neutral at the bottom, twisting to palm up at the top, you pretty much maximise bicep engagement in your curls. Dont use so much weight that the twist is just a 'flick' using momentum, actually put concentrated force into the rotation of the wrist finishing in a hard squeeze at the top.
You cant really do more for your biceps than that. The rest is down to your genetics.