Strengthening the Waist

Posted by: mikes61586

Strengthening the Waist - 05/01/06 04:27 AM

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any effective workouts that could help me obtain more explosiveness when turning my waists and also some excersises to simply strengthen them. Things like throwing a medicine ball to a partner or shotputting are ideal workouts that I want to do, but I was also looking for some more alternatives. I currently use cable rope machines at the gym, but was also thinking of throwing sand bags (instead of medicine ball-might be way too heavy though) or using resistance bands. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/01/06 07:36 AM

Scroll down to where it reads core and this will help..

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15833023/an/0/page/0#15833023
Posted by: Stylus

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/01/06 02:02 PM

Look up, Russian Twist, Hyper Rotations, Power Iron Coil
those are the best one's in my oppinion.

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/01/06 08:05 PM

Yea, I tried looking at the body weight exercise section, but it didn't really provide me with any type of explosive training.

I tried looking up the hyper rotations and power iron coil but couldn't seem to find any site that explained these exercsies. Do you think you could give me a description or some kind of link? Thanks I really appreciate it.

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/04/06 02:37 PM

Hyper rotations is when you do the hyper extensions and rotate at the same time or right after you came up. YOu can hold your hands together with arms straight or you can hold your arms out, perpendicular to your body.

Power Iron coil is when you hand off the roap with your arms and legs straight and you turn your body. Your feet are on the floor. Go to Elasticsteel news letters Power Iron coil is in one of them, if you need to see it.
Posted by: ShaolinNinja

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/04/06 05:55 PM

Try the wood chop, one-arm cable push, or one-arm cable pull described here and the full contact twist described here.
Read this and this.

Throwing a sandbag is a good idea, as long as you engage the waist explosively.

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/04/06 07:54 PM

Wow lots of good information here. Thanks a lot guys, gave me a lot of good ideas. Really appreciate it.
Posted by: ShaolinNinja

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/04/06 10:07 PM

You miight want to look into sledgehammer training. Sounds fun.

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/05/06 12:00 AM

lol actually i was going to buy one this weekend. Been looking into it this past week. But good looking out though.

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/08/06 08:23 AM

Found that bodyweight midsection exercise for you.
Here it is http://elasticsteel.com/prv8powerironcoill.html
Posted by: Developer

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/09/06 04:46 PM

Seen this one before. It's difficult to do because the feet slide.

Re: Strengthening the Waist - 05/22/06 11:18 AM

Quote:

Seen this one before. It's difficult to do because the feet slide.

I guess it depends on the shoes and the ground. Dont' remmember that being a problem. My shoes don't slide in general though.