work out plan with limited budget

Posted by: bobafett

work out plan with limited budget - 02/09/06 02:55 PM

i am looking for a work out plan with a limited budget i cant afford a big weight set and also have no place to put it i cant affrod gym membership or anything like that i just want a balanced workout program

anyone know one or can point me in the right direction

i appriciate all help
Posted by: Blindsided

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/09/06 03:04 PM

run
Posted by: Cord

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/09/06 04:00 PM

Running, providing you have a decent pair of trainers, is a great way of bulding your cardiovascular fitness.
If you have a bicycle, then cycling is also good, and can provide a welcome rest from the jarring impact the knees and lower back get from running.
A length of plastic washing line can be used as a skipping rope, and would cost you pennies.

Push ups work the chest, shoulders and arms, and can be done anywhere. Also, look around for sturdy tree branches, bus stop 'huts' or any other low level area that you can hold on to to do pull ups- they work your back and your arms.
Stomach crunches again require no equipment and can be done anywhere.

Using the above exercises 3-4 times per week, building your volume gradually will give you a good few months worth of challenge to be going on with.

At some point in the near future, you will however need to invest more than time into your exercise to get the most benefit from it. A gym membership/use of weights opens up a great deal of options regarding your workout and the goals you can achieve therein.
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/10/06 11:23 AM

Quote:

i am looking for a work out plan with a limited budget i cant afford a big weight set and also have no place to put it i cant affrod gym membership or anything like that i just want a balanced workout program

anyone know one or can point me in the right direction

i appriciate all help

For martial arts, you can get away with a decent strenth routine without weights.

Look at doing hindu squats, neck/back bridges, hand stands leading to hand stand push ups, one legged hindu squats, dips, chin-ups, push-ups are hundreds in the variety (hindu, different hand placment , tiger etc.) the list goes on...
Posted by: Dereck

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/10/06 11:56 AM

Here is a website for you to use.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Select the body part you want to work and then use the search funtion that says "Sort By Equipment Type?". For you use "Body Weight Exercises Only" and this should give you some to use. Some may not have anything listed under them so look at the ones with weight and see if you can adapt house hold items to help out. Good Luck.
Posted by: azjudoaikijitsu

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/10/06 04:31 PM

You can't even afford to go the Y? That's usually like 10 bucks a month
Posted by: kyokushinkai

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/11/06 10:00 AM

Quote:

Well did you ever think maybe it's not the money but the drive.. I know where I live the nearest gym is 30 minutes away and my parent would not drive me.. and even if it is money. Sometimes money gets tight and I know with my Family I wouldn't ask my mom for 20 or 25 bucks for a membership to a gym because although I know she would give it to me it would make things harder for her with bills etc.

And really it's none of your buisness as to why he doesn't have the money, or doesn't want to pay for a membership
Posted by: ShaolinNinja

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/11/06 12:50 PM

You can build quite an extraordinary level of strength with nothing but your own bodyweight; don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise. High reps to failure are in order for endurance, low reps of progressively more difficult variations for strength.

Pull up variations (can be done hanging from a doorframe by your fingertips if needs be) : Regular pull-ups, pull-ups from L-hang position, one-arm pull-ups

Pressing movements: Regular push-ups, push-ups with feet elevated, handstand push-ups (either free balancing or with feet on a wall for balance), plyometric push-ups, fingertip push-ups, one-arm push-ups, one-arm, one-leg push-ups, one-arm handstand push ups (!)

Core: Manna progressions (L-sit > V-sit > Manna), Planche progressions (from tuck planche), dragon flag, janda sit-ups, regular sit-ups, isometric tension, any kind of gymnastic hold requiring you to hold your body straight.

Squat variations: Bodyweight squat, one-legged squat, one-legged jumping squat for height or distance or both, one-legged squat with pauses along the way, all kinds of jumping.

Also, as this thread is about low-budget training, not bodyweight only training, I advise you to consider building yourself a sandbag (see here). You can also make yourself a wheel for ab rollouts from the wheel of an old pram or shopping trolley. A homemade skipping rope will serve you well, as Cord suggested. Use your imagination!

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/11/06 01:33 PM

azjudoaikijitsu -

Wind your neck in immediately. One more outburst like that and you will be banned right away. I will not tolerate that kind of abuse.
Posted by: Gino

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/12/06 10:59 AM

I assumed he was an adult, sorry your mommy and daddy cant drive you to the gym, [censored] you kid, i'll ask what i want

With all due respect, your defensiveness and hostility don't contribute to the thread, detract from your credibility and may even cause your dismissal from the forum. Surely you're better than this?

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/12/06 11:12 AM

Well, I do feel the response was a little harsh in relation to the post it was answering, but the profanity software blocked any breaking of the rules (thankfully), and it is down to the individual to decide how they wish to converse. As a moderator I am not here to make everyone be nice to one another, but I will come down like a ton of bricks on bad language and 'proper' all out flaming, as neither contribute anything positive to any discussion.

De-caff coffe and a 'whale song' CD are prescribed to all in need.

Have a good Sunday.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/12/06 01:25 PM

Might I suggest:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/13/06 10:24 PM

Quote:

I assumed he was an adult, sorry your mommy and daddy cant drive you to the gym, [censored] you kid, i'll ask what i want

With all due respect, your defensiveness and hostility don't contribute to the thread, detract from your credibility and may even cause your dismissal from the forum. Surely you're better than this?

I dont need a little kid telling me i'm being rude for asking a question. I asked becuase many people don't know about the YMCA and it is a cheap alternative. The kid should have minded his own business instead of trying to lecture me, who is he to tell me i shouldn't ask that kind of question.

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/13/06 10:25 PM

Quote:

azjudoaikijitsu -

Wind your neck in immediately. One more outburst like that and you will be banned right away. I will not tolerate that kind of abuse.

Im being threatened for telling him to mind his own business? That's little harsh.
Posted by: Crazy_Eyes

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/13/06 10:55 PM

No, you were being threatened because of the disrespect, he did have a valid point and he was just pointing it out. As did you, I personally go the Y, I have the money for a better place, but why bother, it's enough and saves me money. It's the internet man, flaming dont get any of us anywhere, take it easy. No hard feelings.

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 04:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

azjudoaikijitsu -

Im being threatened for telling him to mind his own business? That's little harsh.

Matt's reaction merely reflected the harshness of tone you took with the young man you responded to, who's point was valid, irrespective of his age. We have all social and earning classes post here, also all ages (hence the language moderation)and all are welcome to respond to any post they wish within the rules of the forum. When you think about it, you are just words on a screen, as am I, so technicaly people must take it on trust that we are adults, and that we have the experience that we impart advice from.
Matt was dead serious, save your anger and respect the language rules or he will kill your account.

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 07:50 AM

No how was he justified in tellign me that. He should have minded his own business, if he doesn't like me asking because he's too poor and it hurt is feeling to bad, if I want to ask someone why they can't afford a gym especially when they can afford internet access i'm going to ask. Internet is 10 bucks a month minimum, yet they can't afford the Y which is 10 bucks a month I find that pretty harsh.

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 09:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well did you ever think maybe it's not the money but the drive.. I know where I live the nearest gym is 30 minutes away and my parent would not drive me.. and even if it is money. Sometimes money gets tight and I know with my Family I wouldn't ask my mom for 20 or 25 bucks for a membership to a gym because although I know she would give it to me it would make things harder for her with bills etc.

And really it's none of your buisness as to why he doesn't have the money, or doesn't want to pay for a membership

u hit the nail on the head
im currently trying to get a job but i wont ask my mom and step dad for money they cant afford to give away

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 10:01 AM

edited to allow bobafett to count to 10 and get a balanced perspective on the situation. Cord.

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 10:03 AM

There you go AZ, straight from the horses mouth. I assume thats enough for you, and he doesnt have to email his bank statement to you?
Chill out man, you cant control how others choose to respond to your posts. The only control you have in a free open medium such as this, is how you conduct yourself ,and at the moment you are doing yourself no favours.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 10:10 AM

AZ has been shown the door.
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 02:28 PM

Good call, he seemed lke a moron anyway.
Posted by: kyokushinkai

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 02:46 PM

yah.. The only reason I said what I did was because In the other threads I read that he "contributed" to he was being a moron.

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/14/06 03:18 PM

Well Gents, lets put a line under this chapter and cease with the negativity, including towards those who are no longer here to defend themselves.

Re: work out plan with limited budget - 02/16/06 02:40 PM

1st half of this thread bumped for bigsteve