Defense against the razor

Posted by: KATTKD

Defense against the razor - 07/20/09 09:31 PM

So when I was 13, I was walking along with this girl I liked on the last day of school before I had to move away. We were walking in a safe town with little to no crime and just happened to be passing city hall. The girl I was with and I had just won a talent show where I was the moving target and she tried to attack me with a kendo sword. The act was a hit but we were still in out costumes for the event, she carrying her bamboo sword. As we passed the grass in front of the building, a man who was clearly a bum came up to us and asked for extra change. We said we didn't have any and kept going only to be stopped again by him, asking for the sword this time as he held out a sliding razor. Shocked, my friend didn't answer. When she didn't, the guy lunged at her to stab her. Faster than I had ever moved before, I moved in front of the attacker and was late to do a what was supposed to be a downward block with my left. I then slammed the guy in the face with a right cross and heard a crack, which I assumed to be his nose. He fell over backward screaming as my friend I ran for her house. When we got there, she pointed out the red blot on the side of my shirt. My block had prevented the blade from going deep into my side but didn't manage to prevent the nice cut in return.

And that is the importance of blocking and muscle memory
Posted by: karl314285

Re: Defense against the razor - 07/21/09 11:14 AM

Hi,

just maybe pulling her out of harms way and yelling (Fire or just yelling insanely), as opposed to entering a sharp stabbing dude leaving her to her own, probably stunned freeze (I am a fan of the concept that it's not fight or flight but fight or freeze.

However the case, no nice folk were gored...

Did you call the police and others nearby so this mug did time?, good public service smile

Just a few thoughts.

Karl. Peace.
Posted by: KATTKD

Re: Defense against the razor - 07/21/09 05:53 PM

Yeah, my friend smacked me for being so stupid as to jump in front of an attacker for her but she has been grateful ever since. We never found out what happened to the guy, we just assumed that he was taken in because the city hall where this happened is also the police station. Just goes to show everyone that being prepared in some manner can do wonders if you are willing to use it, even if it isn't much.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Defense against the razor - 07/22/09 09:35 AM

Hey! He was thirteen
Posted by: bjjxprt09

Re: Defense against the razor - 07/23/09 12:42 AM

Not good it happened, but good story of your save and yes muscle memory
Posted by: annie89

Re: Defense against the razor - 11/19/10 11:26 PM

Martial art is the most popular nowadays ..there are many martial arts tales and stories which are real, i also listen many stories about martial art...these stories are interesting.

ufc workout
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: Defense against the razor - 04/04/11 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: KATTKD
So when I was 13, I was walking along with this girl I liked on the last day of school before I had to move away. We were walking in a safe town with little to no crime and just happened to be passing city hall. The girl I was with and I had just won a talent show where I was the moving target and she tried to attack me with a kendo sword. The act was a hit but we were still in out costumes for the event, she carrying her bamboo sword. As we passed the grass in front of the building, a man who was clearly a bum came up to us and asked for extra change. We said we didn't have any and kept going only to be stopped again by him, asking for the sword this time as he held out a sliding razor. Shocked, my friend didn't answer. When she didn't, the guy lunged at her to stab her. Faster than I had ever moved before, I moved in front of the attacker and was late to do a what was supposed to be a downward block with my left. I then slammed the guy in the face with a right cross and heard a crack, which I assumed to be his nose. He fell over backward screaming as my friend I ran for her house. When we got there, she pointed out the red blot on the side of my shirt. My block had prevented the blade from going deep into my side but didn't manage to prevent the nice cut in return.

And that is the importance of blocking and muscle memory

I liked this. It clearly shows that although you defended, you didn’t come away unscathed.

I have read so many martial art or fighting stories where the author never suffered any injuries, per how they beat ______(insert here)

It is the close encounters that we received minor lost or injuries of how we learn for future
Posted by: Andrew7

Re: Defense against the razor - 05/27/11 07:19 AM

Hey your story is very inspiring.I want to learn martial arts just guide me how to start.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Defense against the razor - 05/27/11 02:36 PM

Good reminder that if you enter into a fight where an edged weapon is present, no matter who wields it, you will bleed.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: Defense against the razor - 05/31/11 10:21 PM

Yes. It doesn't pay to get complacent off one lucky situation.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Defense against the razor - 11/22/11 12:44 PM

Glad no one was seriously injured but to even be able to keep your head fairly straight and defend like that at 13 is pretty impressive. And just for the record, there is no defense against the Razor (ok, a little over the top and self serving but you gotta love the delivery, lol).
Posted by: Zinc

Re: Defense against the razor - 04/02/12 10:18 PM

You sir, are a boss. Kudos to you.