attack by faily menber

Posted by: wolfman

attack by faily menber - 02/01/09 12:18 PM

When you raise a child you try to teach them honor and to walk the right path. Sometimes you fail. This story is more for me to get it off my chest then anything else. My son has always had a problem with violence. I've taken him to more doctors and such than I can remember. At 18 he's 6'2" and well build, I'm 5'8' AND 58. This is the third time he has attacked me. The first time was short, the second was a real knock down and drag out type of fight. He got knocked down and then I had the police drag him out. At this point his mother didn't want him back in the home, but like a idiot, on his promise to straighten up, I talked her into giving him a other chance. This didn't last to long, as once again he didn't do any of the thing he had promised. I told him to keep his word or get out. This is were I made my big mistake, for I turned to walk up the stairs away form him to avoid getting into a bigger fight. That is when he jumped in the middle of my back driving me to the ground and trying to put a rear naked choke on me. My wife [she had just the day before got out the hospital with major surgery] ran up and started to hit him on the back trying to get off me. My first thought is he's going to hit his mother and hurt her bad, so when he raised his head up, I twisted and grabbed him by the face with a trumb in the eye and rolled him over into the mount. Once in the mount I hit in the jaw twice, at with point he looks at me and now says he doesn't want to fight. At this time I got up and called the police again. He went to jail judge let him out on bail, and he has now disappeared. I'm mad he was so yellow as to attack me for behind, even more mad that he was so yellow, that when it went against him he quit. Yet he will always be my baby and I still love him. If I knew where he was I rip his head off, as this week I'm having the hernia I got out of this attack fixed. When they are baby you never think it will come to this.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: attack by faily menber - 02/01/09 12:20 PM

Family violence is the worst, IMHO. Stay strong and best regards.
Posted by: JAMJTX

Re: attack by faily menber - 02/01/09 09:59 PM

It's a sad story and I am sorry to hear it.
As he does not want to change, you can not do anything for him. Taking him back in again will take away his motivation to change. If he does come back, you have to tell him that he can not come back into the home unless, and not until, he demonstrates the changes needed.
Keeping on this path, someone will get killed.
Posted by: Kaa

Re: attack by faily menber - 05/01/09 11:51 AM

I feel really sorry for you. I myself am 14 years old. And I was brought up never to hurt my family. I hope he comes to his senses
Posted by: Neko456

Re: attack by faily menber - 05/06/09 07:23 PM

Wolfman I'm sorry to hear that happen it is a sad world but ithas happen through out time. The good thing is that your skills proved themself against youth, size and stamina. The sad thing is that you almost had blind your baby boy and had to hit him and scare your wife. The good thing is that you proved that you are still the Man of the house. In another such incident a father fought his teenage son and lost badly, the son ran the house with the police having to come out and ask or take the boy out of the house for threaten to harm the family. He would come back and try forcing the Dad or Mom to give him what he wanted and physically threatening them the Father almost resorted to deadly force. Their relationship was never the same as a matter of fact the son ended up in prison for a series of strong arm robbery and assault & battery charges.

You asked why your son attacked you from the back, I wouldn't say he was yellow but smart. The last time he atatcked from the front he got DECKED why risk that again.

I guess his best bet was just to say yes sir I'll do better liek a Man and go to his room. Kids don't seem to know that being a Man is accepting when you do wrong and correcting it.

I say all this to say it could have been worse, I hope your herina heals and good luck getting the family back together.
Posted by: Jokatech

Re: attack by faily menber - 05/09/09 03:35 PM

I personally know of a very similar situation involving a friend of mine. This happens when a son no longer sees a man as his father- whether he admits and knows it or not. He needs to lose contact with his parents for a while. In time, trust me he will turn around.