fighting mind

Posted by: skinters

fighting mind - 05/27/08 10:53 AM

my veiws about fighting have changed so many times over the years ive been involved with a lot of scraps when young and all of them have ended the same way i would get to a certain stage in a fight and my heart wouldnt be in it even if it meant giving the other guy the advantage ive always felt the need to be pushed to produce my best stuff .i always felt i had more to give but maybe lack any killing instinct ?im not sure what id call it but ive never felt more relaxed and together than when i was in the middle of it .ive never dished out a beating and never been on the recieving end i do enough to get me through and i know this sounds odd but i want the person im fighting to get through it aswell even help him through it .

ive always thought this way about fighting but the older i get and the more understanding i have of myself the clearer its becoming well to me anyways i remember everyone of my fights with minute detail and i know my apponent does aswell

i write a lot of this down to try and make sense of it and am very intrested in fight strategy than mere style or
technique

jase
Posted by: jude33

Re: fighting mind - 05/27/08 01:04 PM

Quote:

my veiws about fighting have changed so many times over the years ive been involved with a lot of scraps when young and all of them have ended the same way i would get to a certain stage in a fight and my heart wouldnt be in it even if it meant giving the other guy the advantage ive always felt the need to be pushed to produce my best stuff .i always felt i had more to give but maybe lack any killing instinct ?im not sure what id call it but ive never felt more relaxed and together than when i was in the middle of it .ive never dished out a beating and never been on the recieving end i do enough to get me through and i know this sounds odd but i want the person im fighting to get through it aswell even help him through it .

Time to forget scrapping and train for competition.
Train for self defence.
Dont fight otherwise
Quote:

ive always thought this way about fighting but the older i get and the more understanding i have of myself the clearer its becoming well to me anyways i remember everyone of my fights with minute detail and i know my apponent does aswell

Fantastic, but at some time a person grows beyond that idea,
Quote:

i write a lot of this down to try and make sense of it and am very intrested in fight strategy than mere style or
technique

jase

So go and study a martial art. Dont fight unless its competition or if need be S/D.
Include sprinting in your training and repost.

Jude
Posted by: Ives

Re: fighting mind - 05/27/08 02:53 PM

Don't forget to study some grammar aswell. That whas hard to read.

Re: fighting mind - 05/27/08 03:01 PM

thanks for the reply jude

ive never looked at martial art as a sport more as something i do as a simple part of my life .

ive been studying and practicing martial art since i was 9 im 37 now .

im looking at fighting as it is martial art or not and not nesseceraly as a sport wich i have no interest in .

thanks

jase

Re: fighting mind - 05/27/08 03:05 PM

Quote:

Don't forget to study some grammar aswell. That whas hard to read.

haha well my signiture says it all

jase