Got into my 1st ever fight tonight

Posted by: kung_fu_eyes

Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/08/08 08:20 PM

I went into the city centre with my missus and a few mates for a bite to eat and a few drinks @ the 'Mail Box' Brum

When we finished eating we decided to go to one of the bars that looked fairly lively in a way if you get my drift 'plenty of decent looking women' laidback music etc

Anyway we went in ordered a round of drinks and, and a few minutes later the 3 females with us went to the toilet as they do, and when they got back they all seemed a little shocked and annoyed at something, so as the lads enquired what was wrong, they said someguy groped one of the girls on their way to the toilet

The other lads that was with me seemed pretty [censored] off and was asking her to point the lad out who groped her so they could sort him out.

Anyway about 30 mins later all had calmed down, when all of a sudden the guy that groped the girl, came over to apologise to her in a very drunken manner, claiming he didnt mean it etc, it all got a little nasty the usual pushing and shoving but NO more than that, the bouncer came over and grabbed the guy and threw him out

At 11.30 we decided to down our drinks and go home, so we went and put the girls in a taxi and just as i closed the taxi door a heard the sound of bottle smash and land somewhere near me, as when i turned around i felt the glass under my shoes, then the guy ran at me and i just kicked him in the knee and he dropped to the floor so i then stamped on his ankle and then the lads I was with all got on our toes and ran off

I wish as soon and the 'groping' incident happened we should of either of left the bar or told the bouncers/staff etc

On a side note those taxi drivers sure do accelerate pretty fast if any trouble comes near there car
Posted by: Tashigae

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/08/08 08:32 PM

Well, this kind of event is always unfortunate but it could have been a lot worse... For instance that bottle could have landed on your head . Of course it would have been better if the whole thing could have been avoided altogether, but since it did happen, I would just be grateful it didn't turn as bad as it could have. From your post, I don't think you did anything wrong...
Posted by: student_of_life

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/08/08 10:02 PM

lucky. good work as well, and always watch your back when your out around arse picks that have the "guts" to attack you from behind with a leathal weapon.
Posted by: TKD_X

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/08/08 10:19 PM

you handled it well. dissolve situation and get away.

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/09/08 06:14 AM

I still cant believe how fast it all happened and I never felt scared until we began to run away, then it began to sink in and I felt scared of what couldve happened,

It even put me off my late night pizza,
Posted by: Tashigae

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/09/08 06:36 AM

Quote:

It even put me off my late night pizza

I take back what I said about that night, that "it could have been worse".
THIS is the summum of horror .

Posted by: Dobbersky

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/09/08 10:46 AM

Kung_fu_eyes

I applaud you I had similar issue last year where I had to defend a girl who was pinned against the fence on the floor who was being punched and kicked by her drunk boyfriend just as he was about to kick her in the head. Its on a post in here somewhere.

You reacted the way you train instinctively and you'll remain on a high for days after.

I recommend keeping away from the bar for a few weeks and also (sucking eggs time) always be on an Amber mind status when you're out as you could have been bottled on the head.

Finally, I am proud to be associated with you as a fellow Martial Artist well Done my friend.

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/11/08 07:59 AM

Cheers Dobbersky, And yes im on a high
Posted by: LEATHERNECK1

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/11/08 08:57 PM

Most martial artists learn early on that an approaching opponent has to lead with a knee as he comes forward.It is a perfect target.Experience allows it to be struck without even looking down.The great part is the bad guy will not be chasing you after his knee is damaged.It's nice to know your training provided you with an instant response. GOOD ON YOU KUNG FU EYES!
Posted by: The_Master

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/12/08 03:46 AM

defending women, one of the most honourable reasons to fight in my book. nice touch, a kick in the knee as perceived with JKD, and if anything relates to JKD, I LIKE IT. good on ya mate, though i would've liked to kick him in the nuts when he was down, just a little personal touch, lol.

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/12/08 08:06 AM

I couldve gone for a kick to the nuts but it would of meant me rolling him over somehow, So I settled for the ankle on my second strike, which by the sound of the guys 'screech' it seemed to do the trick nicely, I only landed the second strike as he put his palms on the ground as if he was getting back up and i couldnt risk him getting back up.

I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is one of my mates who I with has decided to come training with me as he was impressed with the outcome of the incident so im happy with that.

Cheers LEATHERNECK1 for your kind words aswell
Posted by: jasperdaman

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/13/08 01:36 AM

Ca i ask what kick u struck his knee with, was it like a straight sidekick to the front of the knee or a turning kick(roundhouse) to the side? Well done aswell u did everything very well u should be proud!
Posted by: The_Master

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/13/08 02:00 AM

$50 says a straight sidekick.

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/13/08 11:21 AM

jasperdaman, It was just a regular wing chun kick, which landed on i think the side of his knee, it certainly made him apply the brakes
Posted by: jasperdaman

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/13/08 09:24 PM

Sorry i dont do wing chun lol so i dont no what a standard kick is! Joints are a great place to strike, if only they were as big as the stomach!

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/18/08 09:15 AM

Sorry Jasper I almost forgot about this thread,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUCih9zaqw8

Pretty much like that
Posted by: jkdwarrior

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/18/08 09:54 PM

Quote:

You reacted the way you train instinctively and you'll remain on a high for days after.

I love it when this happens. Like when someone throws a pretend punch when you're not expecting it and you automatically slip and counter with perfect technique.
Posted by: dandjurdjevic

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 05/18/08 10:02 PM

It is my philosophy that aggression should only be entered into as a regrettable necessity.

This is consistent with your approach kung fu eyes, so I applaud you.
Posted by: menina

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 06/05/08 02:22 AM

Quote:

defending women, one of the most honourable reasons to fight in my book.

I hate that when it happens. It makes me feel useless. I had this guy chansing me restlessly, after a bit of violence show off (like punching trees till he bleed), he grabbed my hear and took a souvenir with him and I did feel scared since he was on martial arts too. I considered to attack him back but finally I decided to wait for a second agression. It never came so it finished like that.

Unfortunately there was two witnesses from my gym when that happened and soon the next day some people (men) offered me help. It was nice to feel supported but it as well hat a bitter taste. I felt ashamed. Very. Not able to look at them in the eye. I do wish to become stronger soon so anybody feels that they have to hold my fights.

Kung fu eyes, see the good part: you are selfsuficient, it is a nice feeling! (anyway, avoid any fight when it's possible).
Posted by: pepto_bismol

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 06/05/08 03:36 PM

Quote:

Can we rename this forum the kiddie crap forum?

Starting to look like a great idea.
Posted by: suda

Re: Got into my 1st ever fight tonight - 06/17/08 08:13 PM

i wish it never happened to u . but this world is a evil place to live ..as people say u will never know ..sorry to hear ab ur experiance. i am pretty sure that guy is not a good person after all and perhaps never want to do anything to hurt u .
but no excues .he is bad.i agree.
take care and best of luck