Incident at NB Speedway

Posted by: Scotia

Incident at NB Speedway - 08/12/07 02:02 AM

2 weeks ago, I went to a stock car race at a track in New Brunswick.

My best friend is 3-years younger than me (age 14), and he goes there every week.

2 bullies (one aged 14, and the other aged 18), have been harassing him for weeks there.
He was fed up and he was planning to fight them on that day.
He even brought a 13-year-old friend of his with him as an extra pair of fists.

I decided to try to stop this.

I had the bullies pointed out to me (I'm taller than both bullies and I can pass for much older),
and I walked up to near the bullies and I gave each of them a nasty look and then I walked away.

Later on, my 2 friends and I walked past them, and they ran far away. (We weren't even looking for trouble.)

I can't believe that I scared them. I'm a coward.

Re: Incident at NB Speedway - 08/12/07 02:03 AM

Did I do the right thing ?

Re: Incident at NB Speedway - 08/12/07 02:42 AM

Please Reply.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Incident at NB Speedway - 08/12/07 04:43 AM

Scotia,

Bullies are looking victims, not challenges. In my experience they are generally always cowards looking re-enforce some weak position of strength in their minds. You helped avoid a conflict so you got a good result. If they'd called your bluff it may have been a different story.

Unfortunately this really isn't a forum for handing out advice, merely a place to share Martial Arts related stories. Also please don't reply to your post three times in a row. If someone has something to say, they will say it. I strongly suggest speaking to an adult or teacher about your feelings of insecurity and would ask you to advise you to ask your friend to speak to someone in authority (Parent, Teacher, Police Officer, etc) if he is being bullied.

I wish you luck and hope things work themselves out, but I'm afraid I'm going to be locking this thread. Please see the posting rules stickied at the top of this section of the forum. Teenage fights and bullying issues are beyond the scope of what we are here for.

Kindest regards,

Gav