MCDOJO oh my...

Posted by: jamestkdkungfu

MCDOJO oh my... - 01/02/07 12:44 AM

A few months ago I was invited to come train in a ninjitsu class. I accept the offer and was told the location of the dojo but first I had to promise that I would bring no one else and that I not tell anyone of its location. So I arrive at this ninja school(lol) And after a bit of warming up and speaking with the guy who invited me we started class. There was several other new students there as well, so they started class with a video telling us all about ninjitsu and how it is practice, it also mentioned how to obtain the master degree which was to sit facing away from the grandmaster whom is holding a sword and strikes towards your neck and you have to dodge it as he swings of course today they use a wooden sword but they used to use real ones. anyways they tell us the cost to train is fifty big ones a month and each belt is one hundred so now that we know all that they hand us a syllabas which we must burn after we are done memorizing it. So now the real training begins.

Let me just say the moves we were learning were neither effective nor done with any resistence. to say the least i was very amused and will never return to the secret ninja clan lol and btw i never burned the papers lol
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: MCDOJO oh my... - 01/02/07 01:00 AM

How about posting what the papers say. I wonder what ninja school is like...
Posted by: MattJ

Re: MCDOJO oh my... - 01/02/07 07:30 AM

I think in Togakure-ryu ninjutsu, part of the 5th degree and up black belt test was actually to avoid a sword strike fom behind while seated. I have seen pictures of Masaaki Hatsumi doing that.

I've never heard of any of them asking for the syllabus to be burned, though. LOL.
Posted by: Eveal

Re: MCDOJO oh my... - 01/02/07 07:52 AM

A lot of "McDojo" have these strict structured ways so they can maintain control no questions asked. It is fun being a black belt in an authoritive position. This doesn’t make you any better it only gives you a false sense of security. These guys train and train but what do they really train correctly. It’s easy to think your good in a controlled environment where there is no risk of a bloody nose or black eye or even a broken bone. This makes a false sense of presence that will give you the feeling of being unbeatable.

-Brandon-
Posted by: MarkW

Re: MCDOJO oh my... - 01/03/07 06:17 AM

Nice. I would like to see the papers too, mind posting some of the 'McText' here for us?
Posted by: student_of_life

Re: MCDOJO oh my... - 01/03/07 08:11 AM

how to be a bad ass ninja like maddox!!

leason 1: seperate ones self from reality...as a super kool kick ass ninja assassin you will lear just how kool a wire team can make you look!!

leason 2: seperte ones self from ones wallet... do it!, or our mega grand master will kill you and beat you to death with your corpse. he can do it too, hes a ninja....we even got the little toe booties from e-bay.

leason 3: seperate your head from your body....in a real live or death situation where you try the crap that we killed time teaching you.

yours in life