Boxer Gets mugged!!

Posted by: Prizewriter

Boxer Gets mugged!! - 08/25/06 01:11 PM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid...-name_page.html

If anyone has ever seen him fight, they know how tought Hatton is. But it just goes to show, it can happen to anyone. At least he seems to have realized what he could've done better.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Boxer Gets mugged!! - 08/25/06 04:10 PM

Seems he is ok though: http://www.secondsout.com/news/index.cfm?ccs=534&cs=20202
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Boxer Gets mugged!! - 08/25/06 07:14 PM

People may not remember, but Jhoon Rhee (inventor of much of the gear and pads used today) was mugged outside his Washington apartment years ago. He was carrying groceries, and had both hands full when somebody just walked up and clubbed the crap out of him...

As you say... it can happen to anyone...

Posted by: Matrat

Re: Boxer Gets mugged!! - 08/27/06 05:07 PM

The man's an unbelievable fighter. Hi guys, actually joined up just to post in this, been browsing the boards for a while now though.
Although I think he probably did the right thing as they could have had weapons, unless I missed it he wasn't threatened with or shown a weapon at any point.
All I know is I'd had loved that headline to be "Boxer KO's 4 Shanghai Thugs"
And if I remember rightly, Hatton was in an FHM (For Him Magazine) issue not all that long ago, in which he was interviewed and one of the questions was; "How many guys could you beat up at once" (or something to that extent).
I don't have the magazine with me but I'm sure he said 4 (or close), but he did mention there would be a big difference as to whether they all attacked at the same time. Noting that he could knock them down all day long if they just lined up for him
Glad he's OK anyway, looking forward to his next fight
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Boxer Gets mugged!! - 08/29/06 05:16 AM

Hatton is one of my favourite fighters around at the moment. He's an awesome boxer and comes across as a very humble guy in his interviews. I think there's an important lesson to take from all these if a world champion boxer can be humble enough to know its wiser to hand over his stuff rather they fight for a watch... lowly MA's such ourselves should have no problems leaving our ego's at home. Having said that I bet he didn't sleep a wink that night going through what "he should've could've done!".

All I can say is "Well done Ricky!"
Posted by: ANDY44

Re: Boxer Gets mugged!! - 08/29/06 08:07 PM

Wristtwister s

People may not remember, but Jhoon Rhee (inventor of much of the gear and pads used today) was mugged outside his Washington apartment years ago. He was carrying groceries, and had both hands full when somebody just walked up and clubbed the crap out of him...

Andys response
HI there

Poss why he started manufacturing the pads,and in particuler the re enforced head guards
In case he got mugged again.

Well one thing is for certain. His self defence courses wouldnt have made much money/

Awareness?

Think the mugger might have been hungry?