Why ducking is good

Posted by: Pong

Why ducking is good - 08/09/06 03:14 PM

Well.. get this, i was sparring this guy,(tae-kwon-do)and he was a much higher belt than me back then (i was only an intermediate belt when this happened, and he was close to black belt) ok, we were sparring and he got some good knocks on me, right?but then at the same time, I dida reverse side kick, and as i turned he got a reverse crescent kick right above me, like half an inch from my nose, and when my kick landed he went like flying back into the wall! cant touch this!!
Posted by: pepto_bismol

Re: Why ducking is good - 08/09/06 07:20 PM

Quote:

Well.. get this, i was sparring this guy,(tae-kwon-do)and he was a much higher belt than me back then (i was only an intermediate belt when this happened, and he was close to black belt) ok, we were sparring and he got some good knocks on me, right?but then at the same time, I dida reverse side kick, and as i turned he got a reverse crescent kick right above me, like half an inch from my nose, and when my kick landed he went like flying back into the wall! cant touch this!!

You landed a kick on someone while sparring? Amazing
Posted by: Pong

Re: Why ducking is good - 08/09/06 07:42 PM

Quote:

You landed a kick on someone while sparring? Amazing

well it wasnt the kick itself that was amazing...
it was the fact that e went flying into the wall, and that he was so much higher rank than me...

edited to fix quote
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Why ducking is good - 08/09/06 11:13 PM

Since when does rank change your weight and height?
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: Why ducking is good - 08/10/06 05:04 AM

Ducking is also good for identifying witches.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Why ducking is good - 08/10/06 05:42 AM

Quote:

Ducking is also good for identifying witches.

"I fart in your general direction!"
Posted by: Kazama

Re: Why ducking is good - 08/10/06 07:33 PM

Posted by: McSensei

Re: Why ducking is good - 08/11/06 08:52 AM

^^^^ Good point.