Getting Spoiled

Posted by: tkd_high_green

Getting Spoiled - 08/03/06 04:50 PM

A couple of weeks ago, my instructor surprised us and rewarded the five brave souls stupid enough to show up for class on a really hot day and treated everyone to icecream.

Tuesday, with the temperatures in the upper 90's (deadly in vermont) I showed up with dread, wondering if I was even going to make it through the warmups before passing out, when I was greated by a cold burst of air as I walked in the door. My instructor bought a small airconditioner, which kept the room at a more managable temperature (80ish)

While I thoroughly enjoyed not melting into a pile of goo, I'm really concerned. He's just been too nice lately. I'm really worried about what he's got planned!

Laura
Posted by: Kendo_Noob

Re: Getting Spoiled - 08/03/06 05:35 PM

Psshhhh it was around 100 degrees in my dojo. And we wore bogu.

no ac or ice cream for us
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Getting Spoiled - 08/03/06 05:43 PM

Quote by Laura's instructor:

Quote:

MUHHUWHAHAHAHAHAH

Be afraid.
Posted by: AkhilleusWeeps

Re: Getting Spoiled - 08/04/06 12:04 PM

Wow

I live in an area where 90 degree tempature is normal year round.....have to admit I gigled when I read this post.

When I trained in Aikido we did so in judo gi's and in a garage type of dojo with no AC only small fans blowing. I think the only persons who had trouble with the heat were those visitors from the north. That being said, whenever I take a trip further north I'm covered up like an eskimo while the locals walk around in shorts and tank tops. =O

btw, my location: southern tip of Texas =]
Posted by: tkd_high_green

Re: Getting Spoiled - 08/04/06 01:24 PM

Not here. We are lucky to see a weeks worth of weather each year where the temperatures exceed 90 degrees, and I believe that we've had a total of 4 days, since they begain recording temperatures where it got above 100. Heat is a real problem here, because people aren't used to it and don't take appropriate precautions. We had a student pass out in class weds from dehydration. We found out later that she'd spent most of the day outside in the sun and hadn't been drinking.

And I was right to be worried. Oww oww and oh yeah oww!

Laura
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Getting Spoiled - 08/04/06 01:37 PM

I'd be more worried if she had spent all day in the sun 'drinking',lol.

I practice year round outside. The weather varies from below zero to about 106° F. You get used to it.
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Getting Spoiled - 08/04/06 06:54 PM

Yeah, but don't you also eat cars and sleep on razor blades Bri??