911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class!

Posted by: Ed_Morris

911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/24/06 10:21 PM

actual 911 call. listen here:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/audio/burger.wma

transcript:
Quote:

Dispatcher: Sheriff's department, how can I help you?
Woman: Yeah, I'm over here . . . I'm over here at Burger King right here in San Clemente.*
Dispatcher: Uh-huh.
Woman: Um, no, not San Clemente; I'm sorry, I live in San Clemente. I'm in Laguna Niguel, I think, that's where I'm at.
Woman: I'm at a drive-through right now.
Woman: I went . . . I ordered my food three times. They're mopping the floor inside, and I understand they're busy . . . they're not even busy, okay, I've been the only car here. I asked them four different times to make me a Western Barbeque Burger. Okay, they keep giving me a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, and cheese, onions, and I said, "I'm not leaving . . ."
Woman: I want a Western Burger because I just got my kids from Tae Kwon Do, they're hungry, I'm on my way home, and I live in San Clemente.
Woman: Okay . . . she said, she gave me another hamburger; it's wrong. I said four times, I said, "I want it to go. Can you go out and park in front?" I said, "No, I want my hamburger right." So then the . . . the lady came to the manager. She . . . well whoever she is, she came up and she said, um, she said, um, "Do you want your money back?" And I said, "No, I want my hamburger. My kids are hungry and I have to jump on that toll freeway." I said, "I am not leaving this spot," and I said, "I will call the police," because I want my Western Burger done right! Now is that so hard?
Dispatcher: Okay, what exactly is it you want us to do for you?
Woman: I . . . send an officer down here. I . . . I want them to make me . . .
Dispatcher: Ma'am, we're not gonna go down there and enforce your Western Bacon Cheeseburger.
Woman: What am I supposed to do?
Dispatcher: This is . . . this is between you and the manager. We're not gonna go and enforce how to make a hamburger; that's not a criminal issue. There's . . . there's nothing criminal there.
Woman: So I just stand here . . . so I just sit here and [block]?
Dispatcher: You . . . you need to calmly and rationally speak to the manager and figure out what to do between you.
Woman: She did come up, and I said, "Can I please have my Western Burger?" She . . . she said, "I'm not dealing with it," and she walked away. Because they're mopping the floor, and it's also the fact that they don't want to . . . they don't want to go through there . . . and . . . and . . .
Dispatcher: Ma'am, then I suggest you get your money back and go somewhere else. This is . . . this is not a criminal issue. We can't go out there and make them make you a cheeseburger the way you want it.
Woman: Well . . . that is . . . that . . . you're supposed to be here to protect me.
Dispatcher: Well, what are we protecting you from, a wrong cheeseburger?
Woman: No . . .
Dispatcher: Is this like . . . is this a harmful cheeseburger or something? I don't understand what you want us to do.
Woman: Just come down here. I'm not . . . I'm not leaving.
Dispatcher: No ma'am, I'm not sending the deputies down there over a cheeseburger. You need to go in there and act like an adult and either get your money back or go home.
Woman: She is not acting like an adult herself! I'm sitting here in my car; I just want them to make my kids a . . . a Western Burger.
Dispatcher: Ma'am, this is what I suggest: I suggest you get your money back from the manager and you go on your way home.
Woman: Okay.
Dispatcher: Okay? Bye-bye.

lol. THIS is whats wrong with MA. too many McParents like that. I suddenly don't feel bad for McDojos overpricing dumb people.
Posted by: Xibalba

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/24/06 10:44 PM

Wow - what was she thinking?

Actually, she wasn't thinking, more likely.

Isn't it a crime to misuse 911 like that? I thought criminal charges or a fine could be imposed for blatantly improper 911 calls.

Mike

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 12:01 AM

I thought so too...meanwhile someone with a knife wound is listening to a busy signal.

That woman making the call, I could just hear her complaining to a sensei over why her 10 year old didn't make black belt yet. "I'm not leaving til she gets her western shodan with cheeze!"

the worst part of the story is that her kids were in the car listening and learning from this piece of work. so they are learning to call emergency when dairy queen doesn't have soft-serve.

would you ever argue with a fast food preparer? I wouldn't...they've been known to "do things" to food of people like this...and especially someone complaining when they are trying to clean up and get out of there.

there are some real winners out there.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 12:17 AM

She would have gotten a far better response if she had said "I've killed someone..."

Dumb Americans....

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 12:27 AM

we sure as heck aren't going to get smarter watching the Australian owned FOX network
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 12:29 AM

Oh, burn.

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 01:53 AM

It's NOT Australian owned anymore. Rupert wounded up the Australian business and moved it over to the US 2 years ago. I know ya guys are sloooow but do try and keep up....

Posted by: SubZero

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 06:42 AM

It's not surprising. Working in retail management, I'm forced to interact with these kinds of failures at life about every day.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 08:00 AM

If I was the dispatcher, I would have sent a deputy right away. To lock that dumb woman up for improperly using 911.

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 09:48 AM

Pity she wasn't a Darwin Award candidate....
Posted by: oldman

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 10:33 AM

Time will tell.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 10:42 AM

It's hard for me to comprehend why dumb people like that are able to reproduce. You have to have a license to drive though.
Posted by: SubZero

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 07/25/06 04:17 PM

Quote:

It's hard for me to comprehend why dumb people like that are able to reproduce. You have to have a license to drive though.

Amen, brother.
Posted by: jonnyboxcutter

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 08/19/06 02:29 AM

Quote:

Pity she wasn't a Darwin Award candidate....

If she ate the burger she would have been. Heck at that point you may as well just order the burger with “special” sauce, just to save time.

-JBC-
Posted by: KarlHTKDSTUDENT

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 08/26/06 10:54 PM

If I was that 911 dispatcher I would have just gone along with it and then I would have been like PHSYCHE!
-Karl
Posted by: pepto_bismol

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 09/01/06 06:59 PM

ugh... all she had to say was that she would shoot the manager in the face if they didn't give her the correct burger.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 09/01/06 10:30 PM

She is the exact reason I don't like working for the public anymore. About 95% of the population is wonderful and great, couldn't ask for them to be better; it's that 5% of the population that gives us Americans a bad name. I still think that when you are about 10-12 years old you should have to take some kind of test. If you fail the test you should be spayed or neutered, this way stupid people can't breed.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 09/04/06 10:37 AM

Somebody felt the story needed some illustration

http://grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1516402&ml=t=1&fp=1&fx=&
Posted by: Christie

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 09/04/06 08:38 PM

Quote:

Somebody felt the story needed some illustration

http://grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1516402&ml=t=1&fp=1&fx=&

oh my ...

The pathetic thing is ... I see my mother doing this ...
Posted by: jonnyboxcutter

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 09/05/06 01:15 AM

Quote:

The pathetic thing is ... I see my mother doing this ...

Making the call, or the illustrations?

-JBC-
Posted by: clmibb

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 09/08/06 12:56 AM

So much better with the graphics! It was funny when I read it and its even funnier when you see the video.
Posted by: aikiuke

Re: 911 call: My kids are hungry after TKD class! - 10/02/06 10:36 PM

Dang it, now I'm hungry...