I need a dream analyzed

Posted by: ShdwMarth

I need a dream analyzed - 02/14/06 05:32 PM

I'm pretty new so I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here.
Iv'e had this certain dream a few times... Ill be in a fight and whenever I punch the other person either the hit never comes in contact with their body or it's a very weak hit. Does this mean maybe I want to become stronger and It's saying I'm too weak? I've been in 3 situations where I couldve defended myself instead I was either a coward or I just said no. For the heck of it, these incidents were...

In 7th grade an eigth grader went to go punch my friend and instead he missed and hit me giving me a swolen eye. I cried...I know it's pathetic and babyish. That same year some kid tried to take something of my friend's and after asking nicely for him to put it back down he punched me in the head a few times. It didn't bother me too much but I was mad so I pushed him too the wall and he grabbed my neck and hit my head against the counter. I have slight asthma but back then it was worse so I basically couldn't breathe. Finally last year (i'm in tenth grade now) this pot head and a girl were yelling at each other and I knew her and I said stop which he then pushed me against a wall a few times and sid he would punch me. I just laughed at him and after class he apologized to me and we shook hands, no big deal.

The thing is with that last incident I always think of perfect ways I could've taken him out. He's a regular jerk and has been expelled two years in a row. When he was in school he'd yell at people and swear and beat others up trying to show he's tough. I wanted to fight back. I couldve just drove him into the glass display case behind him or the wall or the lockers and then punched him a few times, im bigger then him and I knew I couldve drove him easily...

So what I'm wondering is can that event and the others have led me to this dream where I'm too weak? I know it was the right thing to not fight this kid but I still think about it occasionally.
Posted by: McSensei

Re: I need a dream analyzed - 02/14/06 06:51 PM

For some strange reason I feel quite sorry for you, therefore before I lock this thread I'm going to tell you what I think.
I think your dreams are telling you that you have no confidence or belief in yourself.
Go get some assertiveness training or read one of those how to raise your self-esteem books.
Or, if you are going to post on a Martial Art forum, start learning a Martial Art. Great for confidence.
Thread locked.