Club Fight!

Posted by: Eveal

Club Fight! - 02/11/06 11:29 PM

I was at a club last night and having a great time. I was coming from the bathroom and I noticed these 2 guys having some words. So being the fight loving, adventurous guy that I am I stayed there to hear them out. One guy was [censored] because the other guy asked him to please move so he could walk by him. Yeah I know, dumb. Well the words went like this. Guy "A" (aggressor) said to the other guy "If you have a something to say to me, than say it". Guy "B" said "I just ask you to move but if you want to start something (steps up into the other guys face) than I have plenty to say to you". They stood there face to face and finally the Guy "A" just walks off. About 5 minutes later Guy "A" blind sides Guy "B" and got a few hits in before the Bouncers pulled them apart. Guy "B" clearly had no chance at all because of the so called "sucker punch".

I don't think Guy "B" was wrong in standing up for himself because I am a believer of "honor" and plus he wasn't rude to ask the guy to move please also.

Guy "A" clearly a coward wanting to look tough in a crowd but only made himself look like a coward by "sucker punching" to get an advantage for a stupid fight reason.

What are some of the things you do at a club to avoid these situations if they arise?
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: Club Fight! - 02/12/06 01:44 AM

Tell guy "B" to watch out, and hope you do not end up in a similar situation. People can be stupid and irrational
Posted by: Cord

Re: Club Fight! - 02/12/06 08:56 AM

Quote:

What are some of the things you do at a club to avoid these situations if they arise?

Well 'stepping up' over something this trivial is where 'guy B' made his mistake.

When asked what he had to say by 'A' if he had busied himself making profuse apologies whilst circling 'A' then 'A' would have moved in unison with him to keep eye contact, thus allowing him past (what 'B' wanted in the first place) without any escalation in aggression, and maintaining 'A''s 'dominance' in the situation.
Aggressive drunk clubbers are stupid, dont engage them on their level.
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Club Fight! - 02/12/06 04:55 PM

Pretty much echo what Cord said. This is a trivial thing to get in a ruck over. What a lot of people forget in these situations is that if you escalate it you never know how big or serious its going to get. Would you really want to do time in jail just because you wanted to walk past someone and they acted stupid.
The only other thing I would do after what Cord suggested would be to keep the guy in my peripheral vision for a while and pre-warn the club security.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Club Fight! - 02/12/06 10:11 PM

I'm not exactly a pacifist,but I know when to avoid trouble. Being in a club where there are lots of diverse people is a good place to practice avoiding trouble as there most likely trouble to be found.
What you had here were two macho guys trying to save face. Big deal,someone asks me to move,I say "no problem," then I move someone asks me if I have a problem,I say ,"no buddy,I'm just here to have a good time,would you like a drink?" I don't care how big or small they are or if I think I can whoop them,but I do have different moods. It's best to stay away from the drinking masses anyway.
Posted by: MikoReklaw

Re: Club Fight! - 02/14/06 09:06 PM

Quote:

I don't think Guy "B" was wrong in standing up for himself because I am a believer of "honor"...

That is not honor, that is saving face. Guy "B" coulda have walked away and had honor. He lost honor by letting such a stupid misunderstanding bring him to violence.

Re: Club Fight! - 02/15/06 04:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think Guy "B" was wrong in standing up for himself because I am a believer of "honor"...

That is not honor, that is saving face. Guy "B" coulda have walked away and had honor. He lost honor by letting such a stupid misunderstanding bring him to violence.

Exactly. What's honorable about letting a your ego getting you or your loved one in something you might not walk away from?
If that's your idea of honor you will be defending it alot!
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: Club Fight! - 02/16/06 03:20 PM

Quote:

Tell guy "B" to watch out, and hope you do not end up in a similar situation. People can be stupid and irrational

Judging by what happened guy B is the one to stay away from, since in clubs a fight can start over any stupid little thing.

[liverpudlian accent] "OY Brian, you lookin at me pint mete?" [/liverpudlian accent]

Re: Club Fight! - 02/16/06 11:42 PM

*pimp slaps Dauragon*
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Club Fight! - 02/17/06 06:40 AM

Quote:

Stay out of the clubs...I dunno about your area, but here in DC it is pretty common to get in a fight, stabbed or shot in our clubs. I am soo glad I don't go clubbing anymore. I think the best defense is trying to avoid situations like this in a club, where drinking and testorone(SP) don't mix...
Posted by: Eveal

Re: Club Fight! - 02/17/06 08:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly. What's honorable about letting a your ego getting you or your loved one in something you might not walk away from?
If that's your idea of honor you will be defending it alot!

Thats true! Also, I don't think honor is set in a rule book on what it is or not. My meaning of his "honor" was standing up for himself which alot of you will do or have done at times. Sure, he put himself in harms way and let his ego get him bashed abit but maybe he thought he had something to protect that goes with the territory. Walking away, is a great solution but how often do you think that happen. Also, please give me your indepth view of "modern day honor" so I can understand it more myself if I used it out of context. I think it will be a great argument nonetheless. Thanks for all the input.
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: Club Fight! - 02/17/06 08:54 AM

Hit me more, more, MORE, ha ha ha....