It's all about respect....

Posted by: GojuRyuboy13

It's all about respect.... - 01/01/06 04:29 AM

Happy New Year, rock on 06. Parties, man, I say the last thing people need to do is fight. Regardless of how much you know someone you should always show respect. Sometimes it doesn't work out between some people but, stupid choices can screw things up, huh?

Aight here's a brief version of the story. Everyone's atleast a lil drunk. Two guys, guy A slaps guy B in the neck after guy B got done rollin around in the dirt. guy B is a little scratched up from his play fightin, and takes the (friendly) slap to the neck a little too personal. Guy B sends one of our (guy A and I) friends out to ask guy A about it. In a rather harsh and disrespectful matter.

Guy B soon comes out and starts running his mouth. Guy A gets mad, threats go around, Guy C starts talkin crap to guy A. We all break em up before any bones are thrown. Guy A is sitting outside waiting the for the two to come out. Guy A will undoubtly win. A small fight breaks out and is soon broken before the po's arrive. Guy is untouched and the other two are hurt a lil. Guy A is a real good friend of mine, not too bright but still a long time bro.

I swear if people had just apologized, understood what they did to each other before trippin out on it, it all would have been cool and we all could just get more drunk.
Posted by: traq

Re: It's all about respect.... - 01/01/06 11:25 AM

how come no one ever figures that simply not getting drunk might prevent a fight?
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: It's all about respect.... - 01/01/06 03:08 PM

Quote:

how come no one ever figures that simply not getting drunk might prevent a fight?

Right on!
Posted by: mukashimantis

Re: It's all about respect.... - 01/01/06 04:25 PM

when i joined the martial arts at age 25 , I stopped drinking .haven't had a drink since.19 years.don;t miss it a bit.it's rather amusing to watch others make fools out of themselves.also, my teacher used to say ,"fighting someone who is drinking is like matching wits with the witless.mukashimantis
Posted by: ryangruhn

Re: It's all about respect.... - 01/01/06 11:22 PM

I had a friend explain it like this:

"I already have a vice "fighting", there is no room for drinking"

Gruhn
Posted by: BrianS

Re: It's all about respect.... - 01/02/06 12:53 AM

This has very little to do with respect and more to do with stupidity mixed with alchohol.
Posted by: GojuRyuboy13

Re: It's all about respect.... - 01/04/06 03:30 PM

Even if none of us were drunk, it still would have happened. In this paticuliar incident.

Ya, alchi can be messed up like that. In all fairness the drinking wasn't much of the problem. If guy B wasn't acting like a dooosch and just said something in the first place it never would have happened. Instead he started talkin crap. People who want to fight after getting drunk are stupid. People who want to fight are stupid. I only drink for special occassions so don't get that impression on me.

My opinion is though that they got what they deserved.

Oh, ya nobody was really stumbling drunk, but still they acting like morons.