wet ass

Posted by: UmYang

wet ass - 10/10/05 05:16 AM

this week end my freind tony and i were training ( in the rain for some dumbass reason) and i did a roundhouse and before i could rechamber my other leg slipped from pivoting and i landed flat on my ass lol

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 05:19 AM

sry didnt mean to post this twice my comp screwed up and this didnt show up until after i posted the other one.
Posted by: Kintama

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 10:11 AM

I see you got some water behind your ears as well.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 09:05 PM

Next time just sing in the rain -- its safer, more enjoyable and impresses the ladies. I am dead serious about the safe part. Many people have suffered long term injuries from uncontrolled falling. Think of Christopher Rees.
Posted by: Christie

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 09:16 PM

your lucky thats all you got, training in the rain is asking to get sick, its not the cold that gets you, its the weakened immune system from the cold making you far more suseptible (sp?) to bacterial/viral infections
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 09:38 PM

I disagree with that Christie, I've trained in the elements year round for many years.As long as you take care of yourself I think you'll be fine.
Posted by: Christie

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 09:43 PM

I say thay because I get sick very easily. Currently I am down with strep throat and pneumonia (who the hell gets both at the same bloody time!!) and the only thing that could have caused it was, getting soaked in the rain going to a lab class, the room the lab was in being as cold as an ice box, walking back home in the rain and then going to BJJ. I killed my immune system and somebody had to have had a cold at BJJ, lucky me, the bacteria spreads into my throat and lungs.... stupid rain!

//end rant

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 09:48 PM

I hope you get better soon Christie!
Maybe people shouldn't take healt advice from a recovering cancer patient about how to train.
Posted by: oldman

Re: wet ass - 10/10/05 10:33 PM

Christie,
Listen to your body.

Re: wet ass - 10/11/05 09:34 PM

i have always hung out in the round and not gotten sick lol
Posted by: UofM Shorin Ryu

Re: wet ass - 10/12/05 04:28 PM

Quote:

I hope you get better soon Christie!
Maybe people shouldn't take healt advice from a recovering cancer patient about how to train.

Yeah but being the Fighting Arts Champion carries some weight too .

Get well soon Christie, and I know what its like to walk to classes in the rain...and snow....and hail....stupid Michigan weather....
Posted by: JoelM

Re: wet ass - 10/12/05 11:17 PM

That's "Warrior of the Year" UofM, get it straight!!

Re: wet ass - 10/12/05 11:21 PM

Yeah! Collegeboy!!!
Posted by: paradoxbox

Re: wet ass - 10/13/05 08:18 AM

I train in the rain almost exclusively during winter here (Vancouver, always raining in the winter). Very good for balance and ukemi, always slipping and falling so your breakfalls get good.. Make sure to dry your feet off as soon as you can and get dry clothing on ASAP after training as these are the things that will cause you to get sick (wet feet and clothes).

Re: wet ass - 10/13/05 10:53 PM

i want to train in the cold some this winter. i havent ever been able to stand it and i get picked on by my freinds for it lol