School Pictures

Posted by: oldman

School Pictures - 09/26/05 01:24 PM

Members,
It seems these days that a person that is involved inany activity will have the opportuninty to have their picture taken. At school, at Baseball or soccer there is the growing industry taking group and individual photos. I usually dont participate in the endeavor. It's not that I'm camera shy or BUTT ugly, on the scale from an Adonis to a howler monkey I fall firmly in the middle. Middle adged, graying and kind of pastey. The photos taken now a days are in my estimation, not particularly artful. More and more you see multiple photos superimposed over each other with the Sholin temple in there to boot.They are just not classy. I decided to support the school and get a shot taken anyway.
The day came. I did not want to forget so I made a quick note on my hand as I sometimes do. It's like external additional memory. I also needed to get the girls from school and drive them to dance. It was a hectic afternoon. I managed to make it to the school in time for the shoot. The lady signing people up wanted to sell everyone on the planet a "Super Presidential " package or something like that. She was incredulous that all I wanted was one photo of myself in a simple pose on a grey background. "What, no Sholin Temple/" she asked "Nope" I replied." No lightining?"..... "No thank you " I said trying to be respectful.

I decided to go with me facing the camera with a double knifehand block. Simple ,easy, hard to mess up. Almost elegant. It took two minutes. I o.k.ed the proof on the little 1" digital readout and thought to myself, " Thats what I'm talking about!". I ordered one 5x7 print. I headed home even a little excited. I thought "Hey oldman you don't look half bad".

The photo arived a few days later. I eagerly opened it and saw what might be the best picture of myself I had ever taken. I thought holy crap I am an Adonis. I showed it to my wife who said "Yes that is a good picture except for that thing on your hand". "What, huh? Sure enough she was right as usual. On my left palm, the one extended to the camera, were the words "PICK UP GIRLS" in red bic pen.

Classy Huh?
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: School Pictures - 09/26/05 01:32 PM

thats a great story, i do the same thing with writing on pens arms etc i also doodle when bored at partys on myself (its also how i judge how good a party was lol)

that made my day.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: School Pictures - 09/26/05 01:36 PM

And then you had to spend the next 10 minutes convincing your wife that it was about your daughters and not a night out with the guys, right?

Come on now, you're gonna have to show us all.

PS-funny funny!!
Posted by: harlan

Re: School Pictures - 09/26/05 01:45 PM

Definitely a keeper.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: School Pictures - 09/26/05 01:56 PM

Funny stuff, Oldman!
Posted by: butterfly

Re: School Pictures - 09/26/05 02:37 PM

I love it!

Well, it's still better than pick up hookers and booze. Right?

Gotta look on the bright side of these things.

-B
Posted by: oldman

Re: School Pictures - 09/27/05 08:49 AM

As I said this happened a couple of years ago. Last night I dug out the photo. I have to apologize. The note on my hand actually said...

Get girls

HenHouse

I needed to go to the grocery too.
Posted by: QuietGal

Re: School Pictures - 09/28/05 04:09 PM

It could have been a lot worse than just having 'get girls' and 'Henhouse.'
I say this as I am looking at our school pictures and I have this weird bruise on the side of my face (in the picture) that I though my makeup had covered up. At least you looked cool...I look like cr@p.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: School Pictures - 09/29/05 11:34 AM

It could have been even worse than that...

When I was 12, I was on a rec center basketball team. The day came for us to have our team/individual pictures taken. I wanted my hair to look just right, (this was 1988) so I brought my brush. Waiting my turn, I was brushing my hair over and over, so I'd be ready for my picture.

I was so focused on brushing my hair, that I barely heard them call my turn for my picture. Not wanting them to skip me, I quickly stuck my brush in my shorts, and posed for my picture.

When the pictures came, I came to the stark realization that I should have just left my brush on the bench. With my brush down the front of my shorts, it looked as though I liked basketball way too much.
Posted by: Avalon

Re: School Pictures - 10/16/05 09:59 PM

LOL! Hilarious!

Thanks for this great mental image!

A.