I should've walked away!

Posted by: jamesd

I should've walked away! - 09/24/05 06:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

Don't really want to expand on the events that happened to me earlier tonight, but basically i put myself into a situation where i ended up having to fight for my life, i truly am lucky to be here right now, this situation could have been avoided if i hadn't let my ego take control of my actions, i've always considered myself as quite a sensible person but tonight my children could've easily lost their Father, i don't know why i'm writing this post as i've never started a thread before, but i feel quite compelled to do so, i also feel quite disgusted with myself for putting myself in that situation, the full extent of what happened seems to be sinking in right now, after all my years of training and disciplining myself why did allow this to happen? i could've walked away but my ego wouldn't let me, i'm beating myself up right now, but i suppose i should be thankful that i'm still here, and hopefully i'll learn from it, one of the first things i was taught in MA was: if you can walk away from trouble then do it! And that is exactly what i should've done! I suppose the lesson i've learnt is, sometimes it really does take a braver man to walk away and i've still got a lot to learn about myself! regards to everyone, from a disillusioned,

James.
Posted by: kenposan

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/24/05 06:36 PM

Okay, you didn't walk away when you should have. You lived to tell about it. Now you need to learn from it.

Glad you are still with us.
Posted by: oldman

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/24/05 06:40 PM

James,
I'm sorry to here about your situation. In my experience it it better to know who we really are and what we are capable of than imagine ourselves virtuous.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/24/05 06:55 PM

James please give me a call when you read this dude, doesn't matter how late!

Gav
Posted by: MattJ

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/24/05 06:56 PM

Hard won lessons are the kind you rarely forget. Sounds like you learned something from this.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/24/05 10:22 PM

Quote:

James,
I'm sorry to here about your situation. In my experience it it better to know who we really are and what we are capable of than imagine ourselves virtuous.

Couldn't have said it better.Glad you are alright.

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/25/05 03:20 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your kind words, feel a bit better about things today, i was incredibly stupid but i'm thankful to be here, i've certainly learnt a valuable lesson and i appreciate your concern, thanks again,

James.

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/25/05 03:31 AM

Hey mate,

Just wanted to publicily say I'm a bit sorry for the PM I sent you about this, a rant probably wasn't what you needed. But it's not everyday one of your best mates nearly kills himself needlessly is it????

I just thank the [insert divine being] that your OK mate. As I said in the email I'm usually the first one to congratulate you for bashing someone but as your more than blissfull aware this was a bit different. But lessons learned my friend, and you most definately learnt a lesson, and thankfully your here to tell the tale!

Looking forward to hearing from you today and if you need a beer or chat just ask mate!

Your student,

Gav
Posted by: JoelM

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/25/05 11:19 AM

I'm not sure if it's all that proper to just be throwing quotes around at times like this, but it's all I can think of to say..
Failure is merely a chance to more intelligently begin again.

Glad that you're ok.
Posted by: trevek

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/25/05 11:25 AM

If you can't look back and be ashamed it means you may not have matured. The point everyone makes is that next time you'll know what (not) to do.

Don't give yourself such a hard time. Be glad you're ok and the kids still have their dad.
Posted by: schanne

Re: I should've walked away! - 09/27/05 01:32 PM

Has nothing to do with the subject in this post but every time I see someones website I always check it out and let me tell you I just spent the last half hour watching your self defense videos. Going to try one of them tonight on one of my sempai's.....thanks...great techniques

Re: I should've walked away! - 10/04/05 05:28 PM

Sorry Schanne, just saw your reply. If you have any questions about anything on our site, PM me or James and we'll be happy to expand upon them! Thanks for you kind words!

Gav

Re: I should've walked away! - 10/05/05 01:24 PM

Hi Schanne,

Thanks for the kind words, did you try any of the techniques? regards,

James

PS. you're most welcome to PM me anytime if you have any questions!
Posted by: awais786

Re: I should've walked away! - 10/05/05 04:34 PM

James

No need to be angry at your self.You made a mistake and you admit means that you learnt something.Learn from your mistakes and pervent your self from doing those things again.

Re: I should've walked away! - 10/05/05 06:03 PM

Hi awais,

I definately learnt a valuable lesson, painful too as i ended up with a fractured rib, thanks for your kind words mate, regards,

James
Posted by: foreverrocker

Re: I should've walked away! - 10/17/05 11:40 AM

Well, I am late to the game. I have put myself in harms way, thankfully never going to blows. I used to go out and party with friends that should not drink, that were quick to start trouble with someone. I found myself always getting into someones face (even though my friends start it) They always backed down. I used to think, I had the eye of the tiger, they could see I was serious...What a damned fool I was. And a lucky one at that. Drunkin fights are never good, training or not.