I humbley bow...

Posted by: fattts14

I humbley bow... - 08/04/05 04:39 PM

I see a lot of threads about winning. So here is one to keep us humble and see what we can learn from our mistakes.
Let's here some stories of how we lost and what we could have done better...

This was my first fight ever, I pretty much just wanted to prove my point, that I wasn't going to take this guy's s#!% anymore. I controlled the whole fight ground and pound, I didn't put him out or anything but thought it was over. I walked away and he charged up behind me, I turned around to a big hammer/rabbit punch and caught his hand, he followed with the other and I caught that too. Then boom...came the headbutt to the bridge of my nose. It was a crushing blow that made my knees buckle and I was covered in blood.
-I guess I learned that if I'm willing to start a fight I have to be willing to end it aswell. and watch out for those damb head butts!

My last fight before starting training was an emotionaly charged one...re: girlfriend and a whole lot of nonsense...but I came out flailing and got the guy down but when we were done rolling around he was on top. (in my gaurd but I didn't know what a gaurd was at that point) he was basicly just holding himself up not stricking but for some reason I was paralized. I got off a couple rib shots but nothing damaging. The fight was broken up so I'd say it was a draw, but after training I can look back and see all the stuff that I could have done from the bottom and I realized that you should always have your head on straight before going into a fight or chances are it won't be when you come out.
Posted by: Christie

Re: I humbley bow... - 08/04/05 09:13 PM

Never turn your back to your attacker/oponenet because you never know whats coming, they may look out but they may very well not be.

A time when I lost? Everytime I "fight" my brother and dad. But at each loss I improve and learn something new. I've never been in a real steet fight and hope to never be in a real steet fight. I've seen my share of muggings living in downtown Toronto (edit: and I just noticed you live in Toronto also) that I know enough how to avoid them
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: I humbley bow... - 08/05/05 02:45 PM

The moment you've got yourself into a fight you've "lost" at avoiding the situation. There is no "win" or "lose" in self defense, only survival.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: I humbley bow... - 08/05/05 06:12 PM

Back in 1989 I did get into a fight ... not proud so keep that in mind. No experience except for junior/high school wrestling. It was the end of a acreage party and not many people were left. A vehicle came in with some people and the owner told them to go away. They were going to beat him up so my friend pulled me out of a truck I was crashing in waiting for him to take me home.

It was three on three and it started. I wrestled my guy to the ground, thumped him a few times and he went limp. I figured he was done and got up when he got up and sucker punched me. Down we went again but more viscously. All of a sudden I'm getting kicked in the back and I immediately turtle. My guy gets up and I get the boots laid to me. It seems my friend got scared and ran into the house and watched from the window as he called the cops. The owner and I went to the hospital. The owner had a broken hand and some bruises. I had a broken nose and needed stitches over my right eye (didn't need anything to get them), plus bruising on my back and chest (boot marks). Later had to get surgery on my nose to fix it so I could breath properly again.

The vehicle left before the cops arrived … by seconds … and the cops took statements. I told the cop I beat the hell out of the guys hand with my face and he laughed. Never went back to the acreage and the other guy is no longer my friend.

I should have never fought but felt I had to … maybe I did. Should never have let the first guy get up until he was unconscious or not a threat … and realize that no matter what training I have now would have made little difference if attacked by two … especially when I didn't see it coming. Wrong place wrong time … can't rely on supposed friends … don't miss him either!
Posted by: JamesLightningBolton

Re: I humbley bow... - 08/06/05 02:23 AM

beat the hell out of his hand with my face..hehe i like it. I rekon we all got mates that we unsure of what they'd do if somethin like that happened...live and learn i suppose

jim
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: I humbley bow... - 08/06/05 08:53 AM

Quote:

beat the hell out of his hand with my face..hehe i like it. I rekon we all got mates that we unsure of what they'd do if somethin like that happened...live and learn i suppose

jim

'face to fist style how'd ya like it' kung pow
Posted by: Ronin1966

I humbley bow... - 09/06/05 11:43 AM

A looooong time ago, I was friends with a couple.

The young woman knocked on my doown sobbing, and bruised. I got the story, their relationship had ended badly... VERY badly. She wanted help getting some of her things and was afraid to be near/by him alone.

We talked and everything seemed better, we went to get some of her things. They argued publicly but withour blows and as adults. Asked for privacy by him, I politely explained she asked me to witness their meeting and enable her to get her things... but I could not give her the privacy he wished because she asked me not to...

Bottom line, situation resolved itself and was literally almost ended when completely out of the blue SHE attacked him, from 10 feet away launching all of her 90 pounds at him and trying to claw his eyes out....

Never ever turn your back on anyone in a situation, keep them all in sight! The story recieved is often only part of the whole truth.

Jeff
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: I humbley bow... - 09/06/05 11:52 AM

An educational story.