Duck, Duck, Goose.

Posted by: oldman

Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 12:57 PM

Members,
a few years back My family and I were visiting Grandma and Grandpa in suburban Chicago. Around many of the corporate ponds and public parks in recent years there has been an increase in the population of Canadian Geese. If the winters are mild enough they move no further south. For the most part the humans and the geese get along fine with the exception of mating and nesting when they get a bit territorial ( The geese that is). There are more and more run ins with humans these days. I was walking with my kids at a public park with a small lake. It had been overrun with geese. If you have ever seen how big a goose's dropping are you can imagine it can get quite messy. As we walk around the lake on the narrow paths occaisionally the larger birds would get territorial and spread their wings at us, waddle forward at us and let out a big HIISSSSSSSS to drive us away. So, we would move away if we could. At one point as I was holding my daughters hand a big male charged us. When I realised that he was not going to stop I positioned myself between the goose and my daughter,(and the I) threw a roundhouse kick that caught the goose flush on the side of the head. He dropped, then got up and made a sound like "heayoongk?". Then he turned and walked back to the ponds edge like a drunken sailor. My son said "He should have ducked".
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 01:02 PM

Oldman -

Are you going for the Unified Species Middleweight Belt?

I saw the interview on ESPN later....the goose wants a rematch.
Posted by: Foundation

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 01:06 PM

Poor goose, lucky he's still alive, considering the tiny head a goose has you might as well killed it.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 01:10 PM

Poor goose? He was trying to eat oldman's daughter!! And if he had died. . .well I know this great recipe. . .

waste not, want not.

ps-oldman, I think you need a comma in that sentence where you kicked the goose, almost looks like your daughter did.

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 01:18 PM

Yeah, I had to read that sentence twice too.
And I didn't know there were such a big differences between gooses all over the world, gooses here are only maybe 2 feet tall, and don't eat people.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 01:56 PM

Last year in May I was with my company golfing at the Canmore Golf Course in Canmore, AB ( http://www.canmoregolf.net/ ). The geese are abundent here and on the last hole my group got up to there were about 20 or more of these suckers on the green and would not allow us to do our putting.

Now to put this in the right context you have to picture this hole. This hole can be seen from the club house very easy and their is a deck where most of my company was sitting waiting for the last groups to come in to start the BBQ. Of course being a company function we had drank a fair bit and I being the smart ass I am at times ... I tried to chase away the geese while swinging my putter over my head.

Geese crap ... seen ... slipped on it ... feet went above my head and I landed on my neck and shoulder blades. Everybody on my team and on the deck broke out in laughter and applause. It was hard to get up and if it wasn't for the alcohol I would have been in a lot of pain. All of my training on being tossed and falling right went right out the window. The worst part, I had to give a short presentation to our New Account Contest winners plus eat ... all the while with goose grap on my shorts and back.

That'll teach me ... IDIOT!
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 02:10 PM

Need to brush up on your drunken forms, Dereck.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 06:47 PM

Those Canadian geese are freakin' annoying! They are everywhere there's water here. Crapping,hissing,and honking! I've had to swat one or two with my fishing pole.
Posted by: Rayman452

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 09:56 PM

I think the humane society need to check this out, this is animal cruelty...

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 11:06 PM

I guess I had better not tell the story about the goat at the petting zoo.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/17/05 11:17 PM

Oldman, is it at all possible that that "Goose" has reincarnated as....you know who.

This gives me the goosepimples!
Posted by: Outshined

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/20/05 03:17 AM

.....My idea on "Geesefied" reencarnation .....just....crapped

Darn it, if the police arrested you.....would you claim that the goose actually :
a) tried to eat your daughter
b) rape violation / sexual harassment
c) pillage
d) was under influence of drugs/alcohol
e) pregnancy hysteria
f) affected by stock market
g) IŽd better stop saying stupidities because you will probably beat the crap out of me
Posted by: schanne

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/20/05 03:22 PM

LOL..... round house kicked a goose, now that's funny Oldman, did you kiai!!??

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/20/05 03:38 PM

It was really just a love tap.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/20/05 03:53 PM

Does your bumper sticker say "Honk if you like roundhouse kicks" ?
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/20/05 04:26 PM

http://www.econ.ucla.edu/doepke/spontax/pictures/rb/gans1.jpg

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/21/05 10:38 AM

Quote:

http://www.econ.ucla.edu/doepke/spontax/pictures/rb/gans1.jpg />

So that's how the goose ended up, you kept that part quiet oldman
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 06/24/05 09:55 PM

oldman,

May we expect a nice cartoon about this? You cannot let such an event pass without giving us all a visual
Posted by: Iamdadude

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 07/01/05 12:04 PM

that's an awesome visual, lol.
Posted by: Crazy_Eyes

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 07/04/05 12:05 AM

lol, the good old Canadian goose, annoying as hell. Kinda cocky for birds, all you have to do is as said, boot em in the head and keep on going on with your business...not to mention...they make great shotgun targets lol
Posted by: Shuri_DudeBB

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 08/08/05 11:46 AM

Oldman, hey you hinted another story! spill it!

Quote:

Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 08/09/05 12:06 AM

Quote:

Oldman, hey you hinted another story! spill it!

Quote:

Notice the deliberate use of the word "petting" and not "patting?"
Posted by: Shuri_DudeBB

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 08/09/05 12:38 PM

Haha! Wow This should be an interesting story! I'm guessing the goat tried to eat Oldmans son, oldman gave that goat a pet tap..err. i mean love tap mawashi
Posted by: Celebrian

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 08/10/05 06:49 AM

rofl. i can't stop laughing. so cruel...yet...so....funny...
Posted by: Christie

Re: Duck, Duck, Goose. - 08/10/05 09:41 AM

Laughing out of nowhere at work always makes for an interesting explanation

haha, so funny.