Needle Breaking Glass ?

Posted by: ezanotto

Needle Breaking Glass ? - 05/25/05 02:03 PM

I wonder if somebody could help me in finding more info on some chinese or corean technique to break a glass window with a needle. Any information would be welcome, a photo would be excellent, directions to download a video would be SUPERB! Thank you very much, EDcapoeira
Posted by: Rayman452

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 05/26/05 08:42 PM

If you launch the needle at the glass at over 500KM/H, then I believe that you can break the glass that way. This forum won't teach you how to break into houses... A brick does better...
Posted by: schanne

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/03/05 04:23 PM

"Korean" (spelling).....never heard of that, where did you hear about the needle and glass thing. Speed is the key factor, I know from my little boy BB gun days a BB will make a little hole in the glass with out breaking the glass if it has enough forse and speed, something to think about.
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/03/05 04:38 PM

My folks have seen pine straw stuck into the sides of trees after hurricane fredrick (probaly due to micro burst of wind or even possibly tornadoes). I also know a little gimmick where you can pierce a potato with an ordinary drinking straw. So I don't doubt a needle breaking glass.

I think the speed IS the key factor.
Posted by: original_tai_chi

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/05/05 09:18 AM

I think I saw a Shaolin Monk did that in some famous kung fu magazine. I quite recently actually. I think I saw it last month in Chapters. Of course we are not talking about 10 or 20 meters throw. The distance that I saw in the magazine is not very long. I think about 3 to 5 m.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/06/05 07:02 AM

It is part of the most recent shaolin monk touring show (available on dvd- think it is 'wheel of life') as said above it is from close range, he takes 3 throws vith a needle and it cracks, then penetrates a tank of water.
impressive, but strangely unspectacular to watch.
Posted by: DefenselessChild

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/06/05 10:49 AM

That's a pretty impressive skill. I mean, if he wanted to become an assassin he could. He could get into all sorts of weapon restricted areas with like a needle in his boot and KILL KILL KILL...
yeah...I got too into it...

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/06/05 01:35 PM

Restricted areas that didnt have metal detectors that is.
Also this monk had to do all that chi channeling stuff for about 3 mins before chucking the first needle- i would have torn him a new one before he turned me into a dartboard

It is an impressive, but useless skill. However, the speed, focus and power necessary to succeed, i suspect can be used in more practical ways.

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/06/05 04:33 PM

Normal metal detectors don't normally pick up things as small as needles. My little brother got through 3 airports with a pair of scissors for crying out loud.

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/06/05 06:35 PM

Heh, i got picked up every time for my nipple piercing
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/06/05 10:33 PM

My girlfriend got caught up at the airport because of the foil wrapper from a stick of gum...go figure.

Cord-I have the Wheel of life on VHS, is there extra stuff on the DVD or might you have another version?

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/07/05 04:39 AM

*cord rummages through the devastation that is his spare room* dag nabbit! it may be the one after wheel of life, i got it for christmas. The theme is the elements (earth, wind, fire, water,void) Got an awesome monkey form display, and cute little kids doing a comedy fight routine. I will post the title when I find it.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/07/05 11:19 AM

The "Wheel of life" that I own was copyrighted in 2000, maybe that will help.

Has a picture of a flying sidekick and man being supported by spears on the front.

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/07/05 03:47 PM

It's interesting...one of the airports my brother got through was Logan...post-9-11...

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 06/08/05 04:26 PM

DVD with the needle throwing is 'Shaolin Kung-Fu Masters Live'. Filmed on tour in uK at one of their london shows.
Posted by: Shi Miao Zun

Re: Needle Breaking Glass ? - 10/23/05 06:37 PM

I have seen this done and have practiced it myself in Shaolin. It does work but is more of a trick than anything else. The needle is thrown from very close to the target, so if you wanted to get the needle into a person you would be better off just leaning a little further forward and sticking it into them. In addition most of the glass they use to do this is quite cheap so breaks easly.

If you do want to practice start with a darning needle and throw it into a wooden board, if you can get it to stick in then you are half way there, practice all day every day, and either you will be soon able to peirce glass or your arm will fall off.

If you want further info please ask.