My friend from Korea Got into a Fight

Posted by: Anonymous

My friend from Korea Got into a Fight - 04/22/05 10:10 AM

I am half Korean and met this guy from Korea, who got into a fight with an "American" TKD practitioner. The "American" Kicked high immediately my friend kicks him in the nuts and we both walk off. I look at my friend and asked him why didn't he use any TKD kicks at the guy? He looks at me and smiles and replies "I did" Than he asked me "Why do Americans only teach to kick high?" I asked him what he means by that. "I see all these Taekwondo fighter with cocky attituded, but they only kick high. He kick high I kick him in the balls." Than I came to a conclusion fighting is easy when fighting stupidity.

Re: My friend from Korea Got into a Fight - 04/22/05 01:30 PM

So, do you mean that in Korea they teach their students to kick people in the balls?

Re: My friend from Korea Got into a Fight - 04/22/05 01:58 PM

Yeah alot of TKD schools in American teach those high flash kicks that I hate. We should model ourselves after all the Korean schools....but oh wait...last time I checked it was mostly Korean demo teams doing the high crazy kicks and flips and breaking boards 15 feet in the air.

Re: My friend from Korea Got into a Fight - 04/22/05 03:09 PM

I think you're not exactly understanding the story right, but maybe it is the way I'm telling it. He never said that Koeans didn't teach those flashy high kicks, but at the same time, he asked,why does it seem that people in the US who only does Taekwondo only kick hihg and yes actually Taekwondo does teach alot of groin strikes. Yes, the Korean demo team does show off alot of fancy high kicks, but at the same token I've seen them show of alot of techniques that are meant to hit low and a demo is just that a demonstration. At the same token my friend also think that one of the reasons many schools only teach high kicks is, because of how things such as demontrations and movies tend to only show off high kicks, when in fact there are many kicks aimed at the legs in Taekwondo that aren't utilized. Again there are alot of techniques in Taekwondo that are indeed aimed at the groin so I guess in Korea the do teach to hit the balls. Of course I could have misinterpreted what he said since he does have a heavy accent. Any ways I just thought the story was funny.