Painless

Posted by: Anonymous

Painless - 02/27/05 05:57 PM

I've never considered myself to have an above average pain threshold, but sometimes I don't feel anything and I,m not even trying.

I was talking to my friends at lunch one day and I started playing around hitting the edge of the table. All of a sudden one of my friends yelled "Whats wrong with your hand!" I looked down and my index and middle knucle were about an inch further apart than they were soposed to be. I never even felt it, I still don't. Has anybody else ever had an experiance like this? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG]

Re: Painless - 02/28/05 08:51 AM

personally, i know if im hurt, but phase it out quickly...i may not know the severity though
as far as ur case, im no doctor, but if ur hitting something repeatativly, you may lose feeling because of blood flow problems with the body part or just over stimulating the nerves
plz correct my statement if im wrong...its just a guess on my observations
Posted by: schanne

Re: Painless - 03/01/05 07:16 AM

We used to have this mentally disturbed kid in our nieghborhood that would inflict bodily harm to himself when ever he got upset or needed attention. It got to the point where his parents had to make him wear a helmet because he would smash his head on the wall. If you want I can call his parent and see if they have any body protection gear left they might want to donate to you and your friends. Keep up the good work sounds like your life is right on track!

Re: Painless - 03/02/05 07:18 AM

God, I worry about you people.

Re: Painless - 03/02/05 07:55 AM

[IMG]http://img152.exs.cx/img152/8705/pain1rs.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 11:39 AM

Its strange to feel no pain whereas your hurt badly.Once i was jogging then sat down,i looked down at my knee and it was cut open and blood was gushing.I didnt feel the pain which is strange...
Posted by: schanne

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 12:22 PM

Watched Larry King the other night & he had a woman on the was facially disfigured from an Mt.Lion attack! They talked about the attack and how viscous it was but she said she never felt any pain while the attack occured. The only thing I suppose is that our bodies have defense mechanisms to eliminate pain for survival reason. She did say the only thing that ran through her mind was the will to survive, interesting stuff. I guess you could relate this to MA while being attacked by someone too.

Dam, I can't spell worth a crap!

[This message has been edited by schanne (edited 03-04-2005).]

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 12:56 PM

I dislocated my finger playin basketball, didn't know until someone pointed it out to me. the knuckle completely separated and two segments of the finger was just kinda hanging there.

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 03:27 PM

I have a 4 1/2 inch scar on my right bicep from a kid cutting me in school.(play accident) and I never felt it or knew it,but my arm was covered in blood and dripping. I stub my toe or get a paper cut and whine like the dickens.HMMMMM.....

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 05:07 PM

Interesting topic...from what I know, you usually don't feel immediate pain when you get hurt because of the adrenaline rush. At least, that's how I can explain the lady being attacked by the mountain lion not feeling pain. The same with OneInchPunchMaster and coxne.

The fact that your adrenaline's up releases endorphins--which is like a natural painkiller. You don't feel the pain until later, when you've calmed down.

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 08:01 PM

It may be due to not focusing in the least on the point of injury.

For example, most of you probly don't feel your foot. At least not until a mentioned it.

[This message has been edited by Stone Carver (edited 03-04-2005).]

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 08:18 PM

I feel extreme pain just reading this thread. In fact, it's killing me. How freakin' stupid can you people get?
Posted by: Lokkan-Do

Re: Painless - 03/04/05 09:45 PM

Pain is the bodies way of assessing damage...
if u do not feel pain..go see a doctor right away...

Lok

Re: Painless - 03/05/05 11:06 AM

I have a friend who didn't always feel pain but he was born with his embilical(sp) cord wrapped aroung his neck so he had problems with his nervous system. A doctors visit sounds like a good idea, if only to just to be sure.

Re: Painless - 03/05/05 06:39 PM

I can feel like normal. This is just a one time thing, it hasn't happened before or since.

Re: Painless - 03/11/05 12:00 PM

A lot of times your adrenalin is rushing so good that you can completely ignor pain. In my first TKD tournament I had a swollen foot,It way to the point that i couldn't walk the day before, but I competed regaurdless because i knew when the match started I wouldn't feel it anyway. Now after the tournament when i cooled down I could feel the pain again.

Re: Painless - 03/12/05 10:03 PM

I may have nerve damage, posibly from playing bloody knucles.

Re: Painless - 03/27/05 07:45 PM

you always hear about these people who lose arms and legs and don't even notice it till someone tells them. Their bodies went it to shock and restricted blood flow to those aeras causing them to not feel somehow.

Re: Painless - 03/28/05 10:29 PM

When Anwar Sadat was shot he was sitting in some grandstands reviewing a parade when some soldiers jumped out of some trucks and shot up the stands and the people in them. I still remember one of the guys in the stands had his arm almost completely blown off at the elbow and after the shooting he was just standing there holding his lower arm to keep it from dangling by the few strands of flesh still connecting it to the upper arm and he had just the calmest expression on his face, like he was sitting in the park watching the sunset. He must have been in serious shock.

Re: Painless - 03/29/05 04:53 AM

I think sometimes its a matter of "mental pain". Like if you don't notice an injury, it might go completely undetected. But when you discover an injury, your brain tends to think "that should hurt" , and lo and behold, it hurts.