Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now.

Posted by: Anonymous

Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/12/05 10:20 PM

Hey I'm knew to this site. I'm sure there are many people like, me on here, I'm Chinese. I'm from Canton, China. Not to be insulting anyones skill but I just find it funny that a lot of people on here post about their so called fights. Does not a true martial artist let his actions speak for him or her? If someone tried to pull that back in Canton they would get their face knocked in so fast. I'm not saying you guys didn't do what you said, but obviously, I hope, everyone on here is a true dedicated martial artist, if you were not then you wouldn't be here right? So we all know that we have skill and I could care less about your fights, I want to know what sets you apart from all the other so called martial artist, not how many "punks" or "thugs" you have beat up in your life. We all have done that.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/12/05 10:29 PM

You're from Canton, MAN THAT IS SO COOOOOL!!!!! How do you say "Katrina, you're the best thing that happend to me" in Cantonese? I hope you had a good Feb 9th and will have a good Jan 29th next year!

P.S. In the U.S. we have a little more freedom so somepeople are jerks and feel the need for violence, but don't let that fool you, some people are good. Just a noticeable part aren't. Plus most of us Americans feel the need to be 'macho', i.e. Iraq. If you read my post "ANGER" it describes a bad situation I got in, I wish I handled it differently. Hope that answers your question.

[This message has been edited by Oozuru (edited 02-12-2005).]

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/12/05 11:40 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the China dude say he was from Canton China.........so wouldn't he be a speaker of Chinese instead of Cantonese. Maybe not.

Hey I can tell you how to say that phrase in German.......it would be somethin like
Katrina, du bist die beste ding, das je zu mir geschehen ist.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/12/05 11:54 PM

Thanks, but Cantonese is Chinese, just like Mandarin. God man it's almost Valentines and she's expecting. Sorry if that's off topic, just getting that out in the open.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/13/05 11:36 AM

anywayz, bak 2 da point.....
wut i think sets martial artists from thugs or punks is that MA ppl learn formally from trained n most of us fight to defend ourselves and thugs or punks usually do it to get reputation or do it when they feel like it

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/13/05 12:17 PM

Oozuru, why don't you do some sort of Cantonese translation service search on Google, or maybe find someone at school or work or somewhere, maybe your dojo, and ask em.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/13/05 01:11 PM

Set foot back in my old dojo, dare I.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/13/05 02:59 PM

Alright thanks for clearing that up for me guys. Im from Canton and we all speak Cantonese. For your thing with you girlfriend, you really can't say Katrina because in Catonese your name is based off of your personality, not a given name. My name is Lip Gin, although here I was given the name Philip to be more "Americanized." Tell you what though. Tell your girlfriend that you want to give her a Cantonese name. Name her "Lee-ong Doe." It means "beautiful girl" in Cantonese. Hope that helps.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/13/05 03:46 PM

Thanks man. You know one of these days, I goin to Hong Kong, one of the things I'll do is learn Cantonese. I'd like to make conversation with you, can I email you?

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/13/05 06:10 PM

Yeah man no problem. da_chinaman@hotmail.com

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/13/05 08:39 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kwan Lip Gin:
Hey I'm knew to this site. I'm sure there are many people like, me on here, I'm Chinese. I'm from Canton, China. Not to be insulting anyones skill but I just find it funny that a lot of people on here post about their so called fights. Does not a true martial artist let his actions speak for him or her? If someone tried to pull that back in Canton they would get their face knocked in so fast. I'm not saying you guys didn't do what you said, but obviously, I hope, everyone on here is a true dedicated martial artist, if you were not then you wouldn't be here right? So we all know that we have skill and I could care less about your fights, I want to know what sets you apart from all the other so called martial artist, not how many "punks" or "thugs" you have beat up in your life. We all have done that. [/QUOTE]

Clap....................

*Inuyasha*

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/15/05 11:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Inuyasha:

Clap....................

*Inuyasha*
[/QUOTE]

Are you insulting me?

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/20/05 08:32 PM

Being Cantonese myself, i'm just wondering at what aged you moved here because your English is so good.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/21/05 07:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kwan Lip Gin:
Are you insulting me?[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you read that the wrong way. I always do that if someone types something good so I usually symbolize it as just a clap...........

Sorry for the misunderstanding.........

*Inuyasha*
Posted by: Wolfpack

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 02/22/05 11:01 PM

hey, Kwan, welcome to the forums. Out of curiousity, are you a practioner of a form of kung fu. The anwser is probably obviouse but i'd rather not assume that since your chinese your chosen martial art is kung fu.
If it is though what style do you take?

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 03/01/05 04:38 PM

I don't know about other people here but I try NOT to get into fights. Imho getting into a fight which you don't *absolutely* have to only means you lack discipline and is an insult to the traditions of the art you practice.

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 03/10/05 07:57 AM

I agree with the topic starter.

There is a difference between being a puglist and being a martial artist.

A martial artist understands and controls himself and can thus exert controll over another person.

A puglist/fighter just beats people in a fight. He can block and strike, but doesn't really is NOT on the same level on a martial artist. Usually gutter level compared to a true martial arts master.
Posted by: Shadowfax

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 03/29/05 06:13 PM

I don't mind seeing the accounts of fights on here. Firstly, it's kinda hard to let your actions speak for you on a message forum.

Second, it's real easy for some dink to get on here claiming he's a blackbelt in whatever-fu. . . but if he starts posting his fight history and the situations he's describing are obviously BS, it makes it pretty easy to figure out he's probably not as hot a martial artist as he claims to be.

Which comes in handy when he starts dispensing advice to those asking about techniques [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Re: Real fighters and real martial artists? Come on now. - 03/30/05 11:22 AM

hello I agree leo
though I make no claim to being a martial artist I have talked myself out of 90 percent of the fights I would have had in my life and the ones I did end up in were basicly ambushes.

while I do think this gives me some manner of discipline i still never make the claim to be trained