crappy dojo

Posted by: Anonymous

crappy dojo - 01/14/05 11:55 PM

hey guys.. i just thought i'd share this with you and see what you think! when i was about 10 yrs old(im 16 now) i went to a shotokan karate dojo in jordan(its in the middle east for those of you who dont know) anyways they dont take MA seriously there.. and the dojo was a craphole.. anyways.. one day.. we were running around for warm ups there ( i dunno if you guys do it here too or not) but we had to run in laps around the training area.. anyways.. there were boards.. with small cushions on them.. and holding those boards were old.. rusy rectangular pieces of metal.. anyways they were used by the seniors for advanced training.. anyways one of them was out of the metal thing and the metal thing was all by itself.. i was running and i accidentally stepped on it.. it hurt ALOT! i couldnt run anymore i showed it to my sensei he said i cut myself with it.. and i went to the hospital and turns out the blood covered the injury and its even bigger than i thought it needed 10 stitches.. that night i took 6 drug shots to make my foot numb so i wont feel the pain and 3 shots to cleanse my foot so it wont get poisoned.. i had to stay out of school for 2 weeks [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] .. and the dojo was closed down.. about a month later people stopped going to it and it got bankrupt.. so i had to go to another dojo after my foot is completely healed.. and the scar is still there.. and im actually thinking of going into the same style here in canada.. i just dont know when to quit :

Re: crappy dojo - 01/17/05 02:09 AM

Blah blah I'm 9 yrs. old I make stupid posts
bal bla bla old rusty boards with metal bla bla ow my foot 10 stitches bla bla bla 6 drug shots I'm a glutton for punishment bla bla bla they went bankrupt bla bla I can't wait to make another pointless retarded post no way am I a loser!!!!

Re: crappy dojo - 01/17/05 08:45 AM

BSTONE,

please shut up. while arab thunder has been immature and many people (myself included) have ripped on him, this sort of response points to your maturity being pathetically low. i can understand that he is inexperienced and a bit gullible, whats your excuse for acting like a jerk?

-personally i would believe that you were 9 years old or less.

wether or not you think he is a crybaby, it (sort of) fits into the Martial Arts Tales & Stories forum

thunder,

shame to hear about your injury, personally i would have sued them or tried to organise insurance coverage for your injury, however if the dojo owners had claimed full and complete bankruptcy they may have been able to escape litigation.

as for worrying about similar damage from your next training place just because its also shotokan, i wouldn't be worried, sounds like a freak occurance that could have been avoided by the instructors making sure the equipment was out of the way and was maintained properly (or of you looking where you were going) - even the most professional instructor may make a mistake - but still try to train under someone organised (and watch where you are going)

good luck in your training

Re: crappy dojo - 03/14/05 02:39 PM

the only karate i recommend is kyokushin its just the best sorry if im beeing cocky and we train 3 times a week evrey tuesday there traines a wado ryo karate next to us they really fight like weak girls and sometimes they come look at our fights and they'll act like we are just some killers [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: crappy dojo - 03/14/05 03:36 PM

Arno,

I am glad you love the art you choose to practice, please remember that we all feel the same about our own arts.

Whether you realise it or not, you are not only being very rude, you are also contravening the forum rules by which you agreed to abide by when you signed up.

Tell us why you love kyokoshin and more about how you train, we would love to hear it.

But DO NOT bash other styles, especially when you know nothing about them.

Thank you
Sharon

Re: crappy dojo - 03/17/05 01:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by still wadowoman:
Arno,

I am glad you love the art you choose to practice, please remember that we all feel the same about our own arts.

Whether you realise it or not, you are not only being very rude, you are also contravening the forum rules by which you agreed to abide by when you signed up.

Tell us why you love kyokoshin and more about how you train, we would love to hear it.

But DO NOT bash other styles, especially when you know nothing about them.

Thank you
Sharon
[/QUOTE]

Bravo Sharon!

Bashing another style shows that you do not understand your own style and do not understand martial arts.

I do find it interesting how many "open" minded people have that attitude. It is not the style but the person. Or in many cases the teacher.

JC

Re: crappy dojo - 04/06/05 10:24 PM

Here's a link to support Arno's statement. http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/
make sure you go to the "100 man kumite" and read about Mas Oyama's 300 man Kumite.

Arno, if you know about any dojos in California, please tell me.

-Hank

Re: crappy dojo - 04/06/05 11:19 PM

Hank. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the art,but consider this. Oyama studied Kempo,Korean Kempo,Shotokan,Judo,Goju,etc...
Are all these styles the ultimate?
He was a great martial artist ,but not all who take the style he created will be. It is not the style,it's the stylist and how he devotes himself.