Almost Mugged

Posted by: Anonymous

Almost Mugged - 12/17/04 10:53 AM

This event happened on the night of July 4th 2001.

My personal background: 23 yrs old - 12 years of studying tae kwon do. Did not seriously study for power and application until 2001.

I had jsut gotten off the subway train - my girlfriend called so i was speakign to her as i stepped down the exit stairs. Its in a big parkinglot - it was about 12:40 am after the fireworks.

Before i hit the 3rd stair form the bottom i see a rushing flurry out of the corner of my eye - sum1 runnign towards me - and for a moment i think hey this looks like it oculd be trouble - and then - jsut liek that

thereinfront of my face - a black male about 6 feet with a short bladed knife about 1.5 inches - lookedl iek a throwing knife - is tellign me to give him my money.

HEre i pause - and i look at him - and calmy put my phone away - i am surprised more than scared. this isn't suppsoed ot happen to me - this happens in the movies.

"hey why me" i tell him

he yells at me to give him my money

"why don't u just get someone else" i tell him

he yell for my money

and you know

i do not want ot giveh im my money - its 15$

i place my butt against the railing so he cannot see my walletr- at this point a 14-15 year old kid runs up besides - him - it looks liek they are together - the kid is tense and lookign around

I really do not want to give him my money - why don't they jsut go away i think

so i lie and say it is in my backpack

and he yells t hurry up to give him my money

yet by this point other passengers are coming down the stairs

now i am slightly paralyzed

i could run i think

yet my hands are still lookign throug hthe bag

the man with the knife sits down - he looks to be about 20

he sits down 3 stairs above where i am - and crosses his arms to hide the knife form the passerbys

and u know

i guess at this point i was still paralyzed

and moments pass so slowly

one step one step - if i wait any lolgner the passengers will be gone and he will have the knife at me again

but i can't ran - i'm paralyzed

my hand is still moving through the bag

i wonder if this kid has a gun

he might

what if my tecniques aren't good enouhg - i don't wantto get stabbed

but i am sick of this - i grew up in the ghetto my entire life - i am sick of holding back - sick of having people with knives and guns tell me what to do

he looked to the side then

for me - i jsut didn't care at this point - if i get hurt so be it - let it be as it will

i wore sandals

and slammed a front kick into his chin

so un-natural

ith appened so fast

he's on the left dazed

the passengers are startled

i notice i am yelling

he is tryign to mug me

he has a knife

and the passengers back away - there is a man - who steps back - then yells loudly - POLICE

POLICE!!!!

the 14 yr old kid runs away

the guy i kicked still has his knife - i back away - i see him get up cursing - but more scared than anythign else - he's looking around and runs away

and he runs away - and as i see them running my heart is beating so fast

i thought i was calm

but when the man asked me if i am ok - i jsut say

can you believe this? i cna't believe this happened

--------------------------

looking back - i knw some peopel wil say you should have run - but i was paralyzed....if i had run i would have felt liek a coward...i've run and given in to many people as a kid living in the ghetto...i was sick of feeling lie ka coward

i think it came to the point - and evne now i feel this way ... i would rather get hurt- than to feel liek a coward again

you may call this feleign stupidity

but it is a feeling that i did not request to have
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Almost Mugged - 12/18/04 06:30 PM

You were not entirly stupid. You knew their were passengers walking by. Therefore you are technically you were safe. All you needed was a distraction to grab others attention and then your are home free. I guess you just knew it would be okay.

At least you are safe and tought that guy a lesson. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG] he he and he wont forget it any time soon.

Julayne [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]