My Street Fight(2)

Posted by: Anonymous

My Street Fight(2) - 12/11/04 09:47 AM

Hello all, continueing off of my last report, I'de like to share what I promised I would; that being my second fight in an attempt to win a fair bit of money and thus not be forced to drop out of my third year at university. I no its long, but please be patient and read all. Thanks!
PS: This story won't make any sence unless you've read the last story I've posted.

About three weeks ago, I had informed a man that I new threw my last fight that I had wished to fight again, he agreed and gave me a time, day and location. Three weeks before the fight, I had trained harder then I had ever trained before. I went to eight classes of karate a week, spent one and a half hours weight training five days a week, did a half hour a cardio (skip rope and/or tredmill) per day, 30 minutes of balance training and stretching, even tried some full contact fighting, and ate only the very best of foods, with absolutely NO junk food. On top of all that, every day before I left for work or school, my cousin would come over and we would train for 45-60 minutes on ground work (he happens to be an exceptional judo fighter).
When the time came, I stood at 6'1, and a proud 180 pounds of lean muscle. As I looked in the mirror I had relized how much my training had really paid off. The day of the fight I had spent more then six hours just training, streching, eating regular foods and energy bars, and even did some weights. My cousin was once again the person I chose to be in my corner. We looked at the address, it was a home adress which we found rather surprising. What really got on my nerves was the fact that it took us almost three hours to finally arrive at where the fight was to take place.
Now, on the directions it had said to park our car on the side of the garage, we had thought this was a mistake because what kind of garage was big enough to have a car park across it, but, when we finally found the number that we were looking for, it made perfect sence. The place was a MANTION, with six different doors of garages.
After we parked, we were greeted by a man who seemed very nice. He had explained - once again - some very basic rules and told be, to my surprise, that the paycheque for the winner of this fighter would be somewhere around four-grand!
We walked inside the house, went down stairs and saw some very nice padding placed in the middle of this enormous basement, obviously this is where the fight would take place. However, what I found shocking was the fact the there was maybe twenty people in the audience, and they all sat at some very nicely placed fold-out chair.
The guy I was fighting was sitting and talking with another man. This guy was BIG, about 6'4, and wide, but fat, like a sumo wrestler. He had no shirt on whereas I had my GI pants and a tank top. I had it on very good authority that this man was a judo fighter.
We were told to come into the center of the padding and the same man that greeted me as I came out of my cousin's car met us in the middle of the padded square. He had yelled out our names to all the men watching; there wasn't one women among the viewers. After giving a brief introduction to me and my apponenent, he had left the square and another man (the "ref") had entered. At this point, I felt very low, like I was putting my life on the line in order for another group of men to be entertained. I was nervous, and scared, and wondered if and why I should go through with this fight. The ref then told us to go into opposite corners, and asked if we were ready; we bother answered with a yes. The "ref" then yelled for us to fight.
Although it wasn't as bad as the last time, the viewers still yelled and taunted, but no one threw anything or really went over-boared in any way. I was thinking that I needed to end this quick, and at the same time my heart was beating OUT of my chest, and my hands were very, very sweaty.
My opponent made the first move by swinging his back leg in an attempt to give a low leg roundhouse kick, it had missed and I had charged him. He fell to the ground and tried to get up. I was still standing over top of him as he tried to get up, and with that, before he could get to his feet, I gave a very hard knee to the side of his head. The people viewing screamed and yelled but no one stopped the fight even though he wasn't moving very much. I looked at the "ref" who continued to look at me back and fourth with a look on his face that questioned why I wasn't still fighting. Even this man's corner wasn't stopping the fight.
With this, I ran over top and gave two stiff punches to this man's head. The ref then ran inbetween us and this man's corner now ran in and aided my opponent.
He was ok, just a little dizzy. I shook his hand, wished him the best of luck, and headed for the car. As I walked, I was given the amount of $4005.00! I was also given a name and phone number in case I had ever decided to fight again, but I don't think I'll EVER be needing that information. In regards to this type of fighting, consider me retired.
Thanks all for your previous advice!

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/11/04 11:58 AM

Where was this? Good job. I have a question about the purse, did you front some money? Or do they just give four thousand to anyone who steps up?

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/11/04 02:18 PM

wise up guys,

illegal fighting?
illegal betting?

held at someones home adress? a mansion?

a blow by blow account of an illegal nhb match?

all told on a public forum?

garbage

i wouldn't think that anyone who actually participated in somthing like this would set it out on the net, this kid is a polite version of a troll, telling a false story and seeing who bites.

his first story was when he was 17, for one point no-one would put this trust in a 17 year old to keep quiet 2ndly it wouldn't be very interesting seeing a 17 year old fight, he wouln't have the musculature, savagery or fighting experience to make seeing him fight worth everyones time and risk for being involoved in this activity.

(with the timeline he'd probably be 19 now for this 2nd fight - still not worth it)

he mentions numbers such as 50 or more spectators, thats pretty big time, and as a result they would want their entertainment to be big as well.

to get involved with this GojuR would need to be involved with organised crime figures, any person who is actually involved with organised crime doesn't talk to people about it, at all in any circumstances, they dont feel the need to brag, they dont need advice from strangers over the net (if he was in any way unprepared - as he claimed to be he wouldn't be considered at all for this) and they dont feel the risk is worth doing any of these.

the sort of person that would be picked for this sort of thing would be older, most likely a bouncer or criminal, someone who had a proven record in causing pain, keeping his mouth shut and so forth.

if its true GojuR my apologies, but there are too many holes in your tale to take it seriously

better luck with your next story, i think somthing with robots in it would be good reading next time, cant be trapped in one area of fiction.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/11/04 05:18 PM

Meanstreak, I agree, it does sound really fishy. I'd like to think people have better things to do than make up storys for a few people on the internet that they'll never meet, but I dont know anymore. I find it hard to believe that you didnt know who you were fighting before you got there, and that they just give away 4 thousand to people they dont know, and to someone who fronts no money.
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/11/04 05:57 PM

But folks, the story has a happy ending, at least for the storyteller.

So it becomes urban legend, oral history, another tale to be kept for dimming campfires everywhere,

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/11/04 11:58 PM

seriously **** off with the moral **** , "no underground fighting shmeh shmeh shmeh" blow it out your asses, if people need money they should do whatever they can, i've been in plenty of street fights, it's not stupid. there's more to it then "he said she said", it's about honor just the same as in the dojo, someone disrespects me for what i feel is disrespect i'm gonna set things straight, not saying i'll go in punching. but if they wanna keep it up and i feel disrespected, i'll hit someone. yea fighting like that is illegal, so what?

you guys wanna get all high and mighty with your dojotastic views and looking down on "street thugs" and whathaveyou. that's sad, really sad and makes you look like pompous, arrogant sob's. yea there are a lot of dumb people, but if someone's gotta do what they gotta do that's how they live, deal with it, that's life, you're not gonna change anything so shut up

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/12/04 03:41 AM

WhyCantIbeSteve,

now in future if you want to sit at the big persons table and talk with them you really should read the posts, stop and think.

neither my post, nor the following posts by other members spoke against nhb or cage fighting. we didn't talk down against "street thugs"

ill try to write this so you can understand this better than my first post, but unlike yourself i don't normally use only 4 letter words

what we said was that we disbelived GojuR's post,

what he described was highly illegal (i dont care about the fact it was illegal) and set up in a professional way.

professional criminals aren't interested in 17-19 year olds fighting, they are interested in a good show and gambling.

they aren't interested in someone who is unprepared for a match, or someone who would tell all on a public medium. they are professionals and as a result deal with other professionals.

"that's sad, really sad and makes you look like pompous, arrogant sob's."

are you aware that misunderstanding the posts in such a major way, insulting members and one of the moderators makes you look like an infant?

why are you going on about honour? "but if they wanna keep it up and i feel disrespected, i'll hit someone."

is this some sort of threat? its weak if it is.

GojuR wasnt talking about honour, his "story" was about being short of money and triumphing all odds to keep in school.

good luck with basic comprehension, hope to see you at the adults table somtime

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/12/04 05:39 PM

eh, au contrare ol' chum that post was more so an attack on every thread involving street fighters, i just decided to post it here because it involved one. And no i wasn't threatening anyone online, lol, that is weak. i was just stating in general that i don't like people instigating situations involving unjocose methods of socialization to belittle me or one of my colleagues without proper reasoning that detriments and hampers our ability to enjoy ourselves and ameliorating our moods, and uh oh i'm using more than 4 letter words....sorry.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/13/04 05:15 AM

WhyCantIbeSteve

"eh, au contrare ol' chum that post was more so an attack on every thread involving street fighters,"

no, it wasn't,
my quote
"neither my post, nor the following posts by other members spoke against nhb or cage fighting. we didn't talk down against "street thugs"

"what we said was that we disbelived GojuR's post, " for a number of reasons.

"they aren't interested in someone who is unprepared for a match, or someone who would tell all on a public medium. they are professionals and as a result deal with other professionals."

i maintain that i believe that GojuR is telling a fantasy story - if you mistakenly think that this is an attack on street fighters - well then that is your failure in comprehension, the other posters who have responded in this forum have managed to understand it, why can't you? ive written the same post twice before, with this post repeating my points yet again. - i wont do it again because its getting quite old.

"and uh oh i'm using more than 4 letter words....sorry."

thats nice, good to see you have advanced beyond an opening line of

"seriously **** off with the moral **** , "no underground fighting shmeh shmeh shmeh" blow it out your asses,"

i hope you will be able to keep it up, however if you continue to misread/misunderstand posts and get emotional, all the time you spent huddled over your family's dictionary and thesarus will only be a waste.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/13/04 03:24 PM

oh hey what's up, **** off, and uh, yea i did misunderstand for a bit, but i did post this cause of all the other threads where people talk down about street fighting. Yea i didn't read all the posts anyways, so you can shut up about your points, i don't really care about those, i don't care that you disbelieve him, i'm talkin about something different and i should've posted in another thread so quit talkin out yer ass, later.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/13/04 04:49 PM

Whether you people believe me or not is fine with me, I could care less. I post my events, my REAL life events, on this forum for the same reason everyone else does...to hear respectfull opinions and advice, NOT to hear what jerkoffs like meanstreak have to say. Judging by what him and EVERYONE else who agrees with him had to say you've all seen WAY to many hollywood movies, and you really shouldn't talk as if your an expert on a topic that you no NOTHING about. The fact that you guys think you need to be the Godfather of some mafia to be involved in what I do just goes to show how little you no.

PS: If you wanna insult me just say it, don't dance around the insult like your to pussy to actually say what you wanna say with comments like the one Victor Smith gave.

[This message has been edited by GojuR (edited 12-13-2004).]
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/13/04 05:00 PM

GojuR,

I wasn't intending to insult you, your story did have a happy ending to you as you made cash on the deal. Is it wrong to say that?

Just re-inforcing the same point you made, we can't say if its true or not, and stories become stories, like it or not, when you choose to share them.

How can anyone prove anything said on the net, unless they were there objectively. True or not why pretend otherwise.

I the reader can't proove or disprove anything another says outside of direct experience.

Now if you want to talk ethical choices that's another matter. I think there are many choices one can make to survive that don't involve entering street fighting. People make them every day, such as leaving school when there's not enough money and doing something else with their life.

There's nothing wrong with that choice either.

Why be surprised your choices cause offense?

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/13/04 08:37 PM

For those of you that dont know Gojur posted on another thread explaining his problem. He needed $ for the U.C and to stay in MA. This fight was his second attempt. He was requested by someone in the other thread to post what will happen. How shocking people tend to believe a story when they are pounded to dust but not when they win. *No offense to anyone however, that is just a general statement*

GojuR
Member posted 09-28-2004 01:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before I begin, I’d like it to be understood that I take know pride in the story I’m about to tell. Instead, I tell his story as a lesson to others and myself. I was young, amateurish, and foolish. I know it’s long, but please read all and be patient.
I was seventeen years old and had been practicing the art of Goju Ryu karate for about my fourth year. I had just gotten my brown belt. While reviewing my budgeting problems, it had occurred to me that there was no way I would be able to renew my karate membership and attend university in the following year with my current income. I had discussed this problem with a very good friend of mine and he had told me that there was some sort of and underground MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) competition that paid all it’s winner very good money; the catch was that these tournaments were NHB (No Holds Barred) and people usually got hurt. However I was cocky and overrated my skill level.
I had arranged for a match to be set up. It was to be held in 3 weeks from the date that I had booked it. I trained very hard. I stretched, weight lifted, did my cardio, and countless hours of karate training. When the time had come, I was standing at 6’0 tall and a lean 165 pounds.
The directions I was given led to a soccer field. I figured there was no way I was at the right place until I saw over fifty people sitting on and around the bleachers. I was greeted by a very friendly man who on the way to the center of the soccer field went over some very basic rules (no groin shots, no biting, etc…), he also explained the ways to win (knock out, taping out, if the “ref” decided to stop the match, or if whoever was in your corner threw in the towel; I had my cousin in my corner).
Me and some other mean looking guy stood across from each other in the circle at the center of the soccer field with a crowed of people outlining the “ring”. He was bigger then me, both height and width, and was built. I had heard that he was a Tae-Kwon-Do practitioner.
Some old man came in between us and asks if we’re ready; we both nod yes and he yells for the fight to begin. The next thing I remember is my heart beating out of my chest, my hands dripping with sweat, and my ears hurting from everyone’s screams and taunts. He made the first move by reaching across with his right arm to grab my right shoulder. Next, he starts punching; straight, hard punches. I tried punching back by it didn’t do too much because I had to punch over my own should and I barely touched him. Also, I couldn’t turn myself because of the awesome grip he had on my shoulder and because of how strong he was.
My cousin runs in and yells for the “ref” to stop the match after my face looked like someone spilt red paint on me. I didn’t get any money that night, but the lesson I learned about fighting was good enough for me.
That was about two years ago, and once again I’m having some serious money problems. So much so I might be forced to drop out. I’m much better now then I was then, and the option for me to fight again is still open. I no how stupid it sounds but this is the only other way for me to get my hands on some money, and believe me I’ve explored other options (parents, students loans, bank loans, credit cards, other family members, a second job). It seems I’m down to a simple choice of fight, or drop out, any suggestions?

Ps: Please don’t say another source of money because I’ve tried more then you can imagine! And believe me, this is NOT a choice I like making!

HIS FIRST STORY.

[This message has been edited by Julayne4 (edited 12-13-2004).]

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/13/04 08:45 PM

I am not saying your need for $ justifies illegal fighting, please from now on try to find a better alternative. I have a sugestion, teach basic self defense for high school students during their P.E class or for after school programs. At my high school they are looking for these instructors for after school programs and they pay pretty well.

Anyways stay safe and good luck to you. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG] Julayne

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/13/04 10:33 PM

WhyCantIbeSteve

"oh hey what's up, **** off, and uh, yea i did misunderstand for a bit, but i did post this cause of all the other threads where people talk down about street fighting. Yea i didn't read all the posts anyways, so you can shut up about your points, i don't really care about those, i don't care that you disbelieve him, i'm talkin about something different and i should've posted in another thread so quit talkin out yer ass, later."

if you:
dont read the posts,
dont care about what others say,
dont talk about anything related to the actual posts

why do you participate on these forums?

ps sad to see you lost your vocabulary and went back to name calling

GojuR

"Whether you people believe me or not is fine with me, I could care less. ................ NOT to hear what jerkoffs like meanstreak have to say."

sounds like you do care there GojuR

"you've all seen WAY to many hollywood movies, and you really shouldn't talk as if your an expert on a topic that you no NOTHING about."

well what a coincidence, we were thinking the same of yourself.

"The fact that you guys think you need to be the Godfather of some mafia to be involved in what I do just goes to show how little you no."

hmm movies again from you GojuR? onto a theme here. no, (see my posts above for my points ive already said them 3 times - for the intellectually challenged)

no i dont think you have to be a mafia don but i think you would probably have to be involved somehow in criminal matters, or be worth the while for a large number of people to take the chance in involving you in a major crime - illegal fights and gambling.

you dont appear to have the fighting experience, criminal savvy etc to be involved in the operation you have described

id imagine the sort of person to get into that set up to be a person who regularly gets into fights (street punk or whatever you'd choose for that sort of term)

"PS: If you wanna insult me just say it, don't dance around the insult like your to pussy to actually say what you wanna say with comments like the one Victor Smith gave."

i dont need to insult you,

"this kid is a polite version of a troll, telling a false story and seeing who bites."

i made that point in my first post and i stick by it. i wanted to point out the holes in your story - seeing as there are many impressionable people on the forum, no need to take it personally, i do this to all the people who tell outrageous stories

there is no need for insults and bad language here on this forum, and why do you believe that i would feel some sort of fear in expressing myself that way if i chose?

what would happen if i did kid?

would you write naughty words about me on the forum?, maybe you'll buy a plane ticket, fly to where i live and beat me up?

im not afraid (nor would i believe someone being capable of the plane option) of either, - so no im not holding back

Meanstreak

[This message has been edited by Meanstreak (edited 12-14-2004).]

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/14/04 01:11 AM

GojuR : Who put up the $4,000?
Posted by: JohnL

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/14/04 06:26 AM

Hi GojuR:

I'm sorry, but I believe your story is one of two things;

a) Made up for some reason - In which case you are a sad individual having to post trash on a forum.

b) It's True - In which case you are certainly not worthy of going into your 3rd year at University. I assume that this would take a modicum of intelligence, whereas trying to get into unlicensed fights is the height of stupidity.

Sorry.

JohnL

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/14/04 06:27 AM

CLP, if I'm not mistaken, everyone who watches has to pay a cover charge, and, they all place bets. If I was to bet lets say $1000.00, and the fighter who I bet on wins, I would make back 1900.00 (100 dollars going toward the winner). Im not sure of how much a percentage is deducted to go towards the winner, but you get the idea.

Victor Smith, your correct in saying we don't no whats true and whats not true, that always the case on the internet, however, that being said, we still talk about accounts in our life, don't we? This is because its a matter of trust. If we had no trust, we would all be talking ethics and morals in general, but as you can see, we talk about much, much more, this including real life events, because we trust. And, if you don't trust, you should not be reading. Sorry if I insulted you.

Meanstreak, honestly, I read maybe one line of your last comment, that one line pretty much told me that all the rest of what you had to say was much like all your other comments, 100% bullsh!t and smack talk. Do me a favour, if you don't like what I have to say, don't respond to my topics.

John, your VERY, VERY far from anywhere in my position, so please, don't talk about stupidity for a decision where you will never no what your choice would be, because you will never and have never been in that position.

[This message has been edited by GojuR (edited 12-14-2004).]

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/14/04 08:35 AM

Meanstreak, honestly, I read maybe one line of your last comment, that one line pretty much told me that all the rest of what you had to say was much like all your other comments, 100% bullsh!t and smack talk.

hmm so you dont read others posts either, strange, i would have thought that before dismissing all someone had to say as 100% bullsh!t and smack talk. , you would have read some of what i had to say - oh well each to his own. - i cant help but thinking that people like yourself and WhyCantIbeSteve really damage your credibility when you admit that you aren't even reading what you are responding to.

try reading the whole thing GojuR!!!!!!!!!

as for replying to your posts,i guess i forgot that you only want ...to hear respectfull opinions and advice, so i guess if someones not in your fan club you get angry huh?

Do me a favour, if you don't like what I have to say, don't respond to my topics.

i gave you my opinion and other posters agreed with me. didn't read anywhere that we had to agree with everyone else when we posted, otherwise these things would be rather one sided don't you think?

in the case that your story is genuine, congratulations, you did well, and you did it for a good cause. in the case that my first assumption is correct, well JohnL put it well a) Made up for some reason - In which case you are a sad individual having to post trash on a forum.

(given your admitting you only read the end lines GojuR this time read the whole message theres even a bit there where i admit you may be telling the truth please read it all this time)

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/14/04 10:30 AM

we read crap, it smells, so we stop reading, and then reply to it. pretty simple if you ask me. and i never once called you a name, so i didn't revert back to anything, bud. now please stop replying to us, you made your same pointless point 3 times now, we get it.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/14/04 10:44 PM

WhyCantIbeSteve,

my problem with your posts on this forum is that you dont read the posts, you put yourself into this post with out reading anything that was invloved with it and immediately started swearing at people.

as for name calling - well again you have misread and butted into somthing that doesn't involve you - you weren't the person i was communicating with

i made my point 3 times because you seemed to be unable to understand it, i then learned that you were lazy and were posting without understanding what anyone else was talking about - you were on your little crusade to protect streetfighters from the people who were judging them - regardless of wether anyone was actually attacking street fighters

"i didn't revert back to anything," i was reffering to your poor attitude, swearing and lack of basic comprehension in your intial post - wherupon you polished your next post with esoteric terms designed to impress us all - immediately after that post, you "reverted" to your original charming self basic grammar and swearing

as for my "pointless point" and your plea to stop replying to us, well i wont anymore, ive said my piece, tried to help people understand and fought off idiots (im more interested in chatting to people with basic comprehension and reading skills) as i finish though i will pose one question,

have you even got a point to make? at all?

mine are apparently useless - but youve never adressed the post at all, you just started a confrontation and have kept coming back for more

(remember, when you admit on the that you aren't reading the posts, you prove to all the other readers that you have very little credibility)

take care all

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/15/04 12:03 AM

i don't care if it's true or not, it's a cool story nonetheless, and i like underground fighting. it intrigues me. i like streetfighting, too. not to say that i think it's a good thing, i just enjoy fighting on any level. my own saying is "don't start sh*t, but don't take sh*t either". so i don't promote anything. and as far as fighting for money goes, you gotta do what you gotta do. if both fighters have consent than i see no real problem, they know what they're getting into, they don't need other people to determine it's moral importance or legal matters. and as far as true or false goes, i don't think that matters either, like he said, he's just posting what he says really happened. believe it or not it's there, and he wanted to share it as this is the forum for tales and stories. anywho, i was just steamed from seeing other threads all around this board about how bad streetfighting was, and then i read this and i read the top few lines of a post and i just had to type something out and it happened to be this thread. as for my bigger words, i have an extensive vocabulary, but i don't need to use it. i just need to talk at a level everyone knows, it's the point of communication, not to impress people with a knowledge of words, just to get your point across.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/15/04 08:11 AM

Meanstreak, I really couldn't care less if someone gave me something that in their opinion was an insightful suggestion for improvement, but you just try and act like a smart a$$ but you really arn't that smart. You write these five page responses twice a day (its clear you have no life) in an attempt to piece together an insult. The reason you shouldn't comment on my topics is because personally, I don't like you. This being said, I shouldn't have to hear from your again.
Posted by: Kennethpo

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/15/04 03:55 PM

GojuR… I think the first thing that should be addressed is the use of the term "streetfight".

What you describe would indeed be pretty brutal, but there are rules to follow. Even if they are as simple as no biting or groin shots. Also, you have the option of tapping out.

The term "streetfight" is generally used in reference to a real fight and this was miles away from a real fight regardless of how rough this competition may be.

I'm not saying this to diminish NHB or MMA competitions, but I just thought it needed to be clarified. Because it's much different to be squaring off with a guy hoping for a victory to earn some cash than it is to be fighting a person or persons because you don't want to die violently and immediately.

I'm not saying that your account is impossible, but surely you can appreciate why some of the facts presented don't seem to add up. If they are true then you could have addressed the doubts instead of attacking Meanstreak.

Here are some reasons you story seems doubtful. If there is a logical response, then give it. If not, then no big deal. This would be a chance for you to shut up the doubters, though. Most of all… If you choose to start insulting me instead of giving a reasonable answer as to why your account is believable then you will have a much harder time finding anyone who will believe you. (Other that your one fan, Steve.) That kind of defense is extremely transparent.

*Since only 23% of Canadians speak French as their first language and 90% of them live in Quebec… I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that English is your first language. If this is the case then why doesn't a 3rd year university student know how to spell the word "know"? I can understand something like "mansion" because it's not a word that you would use as often. Also it could have been a type-o. However, you repeatedly use "no" instead of "know" and it's not like you can really claim that you were abbreviating. Is English your first language? I realize that this doesn't disprove your account, but it puts a dent in your credibility, which is relevant.

*Your profile states you are a truck driver. Are we talking about long haul driving a big rig or are we talking about a local courier route in a pickup truck? Perhaps your profile isn't up to date? I ask because I'm amazed that you would have time to be a student, train extensively in karate and make long hauls at the same time if that's the case. It also raises further questions about the training schedule you went through.

*Just to cover the $4k purse, each spectator would have to dish out $200. That's assuming that the guy hosting the fight wants absolutely no profit for himself. If I was going to dish out that kind of money I would want to see a good fight. You got your butt ripped off and handed to you in a matter of seconds the last time you fought. That doesn't sound like the makings of a good fight... not even for an undercard fight.

If I was going to charge thousands of dollars to a group of people who want to see a fight, then I would be stupid to just expect that some guy that I don't know like the back of my hand won't chicken out, or get lost on his three hour trip to my house. You would need to be proven as trustworthy before I would place my reputation on you. I'm going to have a basement full of pissed off people if you don't show.

If you conveniently forgot to mention that you were just the undercard fight then that would make the admission price even more ridiculous.

*I have a hard time believing that a well trained martial artist would throw a roundhouse kick, miss and then suddenly fall over unless, of course, there was a banana peel involved. Especially a judo practitioner. And again… people are supposed to be paying hundreds per person to watch an obese judoka and you fight?

Meanstreak was pretty polite in his dealings with you, but your rudeness in return makes you look guilty of being full of it. Granted, you weren't as immature as WhyCan'tIBeSteve, but come on…

I have never seen any other posts by anyone on this forum, so I have no reason to take sides other than what I observe. Maybe after spending a little more time on the forums I'll decide that I think Meanstreak is a jerk, too. (Not that I currently do.) But even so, he seems to have a point. You don't seem to. If you were B.S.-ing us then it would be easier for you to save face by admitting it than by continuing as you have.

If you're telling the truth then try giving people a reason to believe you.

Kennethpo

P.S. Lifting weights doesn't make you stronger until you let the muscles recover. True story or not… it would be a terrible idea to lift weights the day of your fight. The best you can hope for is that you won't wear yourself out too much.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/15/04 04:44 PM

Kenneth, to begin, I find it insulting that I have to go through this line of questioning just to assure that a group of random people to whome >>ASKED<< me to post an event in my life believe me; that being said, this will be that last response of explination I post in regards to this topic.

To begin, you do not have to show me statistics in order to prove your point, I proudly admit that english is my first language. However, after chatting on the internet for several years I tend to go fast and make a typo every now and then, or, I simply write the shortest version of a word to assure speed, this being because people still get the point and I am not concerned with exact english and the way I would write if I was handing in an exam (think of it as slang, and many could relate).

Also, I'm not a truck driver. I do not believe in giving away very specific information about myself over the internet, but since I am not allowed to register without something writen in that information box, I write whatever.

Finally, the men at my account not only pay at least a $200 cover charge (from what I hear, I never care to ask) but they also place HIGH risk bets. In regards to lifting weights, I did it as a warm up, which has be proven by Carper University to be an effective way of warming up muscles.

As I said before, this will be the last time that I tend to these insults of questions for an event that I was >>>ASKED<<< to post.

GojuR
Posted by: Kennethpo

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 12/16/04 03:37 PM

Well Goju, If you find it insulting then I'm OK with that. You've insulted the intelligence of many people with your posts. By all means, you have the right to post whatever, but that's a 2-way street. Your original post was not >>ASKED<< for, nor was it honest. You >>ASKED<< for advice (not that you really wanted it) about whether or not you should fight and stated that you had no interest in what anyone has to say about other ways to get money. Almost every single response said not to do it, but you did it. Of course, you can make your own decisions, but why ask for advice if you're going to ignore the overwhelming consensus to keep out of the fight. If you did that, though, I guess it would ruin your story. It's obvious that you were asking for advice only as an excuse to post your story.

I don't begrudge someone the right to make a type-o or spelling some words wrong. I'm not suggesting that it makes a person stupid to do so. The idea that this is your way of abbreviation is laughable. You don't abbreviate anything else (other than using contractions), but for some reason I'm supposed to believe that you chose "know" as the one and only word which you must abbreviate every time it comes up? I get the idea of web slang, but that sure doesn't look like it to me.

You know, it's kind of funny, but that occupation spot is blank in my profile. You also could have put "other" or "student". You obviously don't mind letting it be known on the net that you're a student. But you say you had to fill it in, huh? I guess the cosmos is conspiring against you.

As for the cover charge, thanks for helping me prove my point. "At least a $200 cover" along with the HIGH risk bets… and they put all that on the line for a rookie bare-knuckle fighter and some fat guy? OK, Let's pretend that makes sense and move on.
This "Carper University" is going against conventional wisdom if they recommend that you exhaust yourself before competition. You said that you spent 6 hours working out/stretching/etc. before your 3-hour trip to this place. 6 hours sounds like an excessive warm-up. I'd be willing to risk being wrong by saying that isn't smart. By the way, where is Carper University located? For some reason, I can't find any mention of it on the web, but I would like to read the report of their findings on this matter.

Another reason people may have >>>ASKED<<< for info was because your first story was much simpler and much more believable. If this story were a trilogy, I would expect that the next one would involve you walking into an abandoned missile base and having your retina or palm scanned to give you access to the arena located at the bottom of the silo. You just do what you have to do in order to pay for your best friend’s mother to have breast implants. Naturally, your next opponent will be a cyborg gorilla which is highly trained in Jun Fan Gong Fu. While executing the oh-so tricky reverse punch, this guy WILL slip on a banana peel and fall prone before you. You will mount him and beat him senseless. This time, no one stops the fight at all. They tell you that you must finish off the cyborg ape or you will both be killed. He weekly looks into your face with a tear and you decide you can't do it. You help him to his feet and the two of you fight your way through scores of leprechaun ninjas to escape the base and live out your days in a South American jungle. It's not worth a robotic primate's life to earn a quarter of a million dollars, after all.

It would obviously be unreasonable for anyone to question the validity of the story, though.

The fact remains that the questions brought up about your story were valid. Your reaction to them and the fact that you do what you can to avoid answering them pretty much says it all.

I don't care if you respond or not. I don't think you're going to suddenly sway the masses to your way of thinking.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 01/01/05 02:42 AM

This story is bull. What kind of idiot trains for 6 hours the day of the fight AND lifts weights the day of the fight? I have fought underground probably around 20 times. I always knew who I was going to fight. I always knew what the purse was (normally would have a set purse and maybe a few side bets). I've never had a fight with over 10 spectators in a private residence, usually for fights that big nobody knows the location until an hour or so before the fight and a fight that large is usually fought in warehouses/out in the boonies. When you start talking about money around $4,000 there will be weight classes, who would pay to see a 6'4 adult man fight a 180 pound boy? I had my first underground fight when I was 16, I was 6'1 and 170 pounds. I wouldn't have fought a 6'4 heavy set man for nothing back then, reason being these are real criminals who came to see sport, if you don't put on a show, they'd rather watch your lifeless body be pulverized than handing over their money after 20 seconds of you being mauled by a much larger man. I don't have any problems talking about my misdoings because 1. I don't do it anymore and 2 it's not like you know who I am. My most recent fight was inside a heavy machinery garage in a gravel quarry. Around 50-60 spectators and 5 fights lined up, the spectators had to park a block away and walk so as not to attract attention. $10,000 purse (from what I understand the biggest one they've given out). I was 18, 6'2 and 180 pounds, my opponent was 24, 6'2 and 200 pounds (a bouncer with extensive Karate experience). I don't remember everything, but what ended it was him grabbing my left shoulder, me swinging my arm around locking his elbow joint, and throwing a heavy right haymaker into his nose. I left with my boss after collecting my money, and he gave me 5 Gs for winning him some money. Do you guys honestly think they would've let that 19 year old boy leave clear and clean with $4,000? I stuck close to my boss because I knew he was cool and wasn't going to let anything happen. He supposedly walked out by himself clean and clear. Hell if he's telling the truth and I had been there I would've robbed him in the parking lot at gun point, I win.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 01/03/05 03:59 AM

OH MAN! I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier.
Kennethpo,
I love youe story about the robotic ape,that's imiginative. I'd believe it before I'd believe GOJUR's fantasy land story.LOL.
P.S. I am offended and ashamed he trains in GOJU.
All American Goju Karate

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 02/09/05 09:31 AM

i still cant beleive half of you think its bull. Gojur said nothing about whether he was the Only fighter, and he said he had bee training for a very long time. what would have been unrealistic would if he had said the fat guy did a jumping spin kick to his head, he responded with the matrix and then blew the guy up with a kamehamaeha wave from dbz. if you dont want to read what he said than dont slag eachother off. i thought this forum site was set up to help people improve with there ma, not cussing matches

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 02/12/05 02:07 PM

Been reading this thread with great interest and amusement. Don't know the first thing about "fight clubs" (although I did see the movie, twice), but I gotta say that GojuR's story doesn't quite pass the smell test. Beginning his training seriously three weeks before a big fight? A teenager with no street cred fighting for such a big purse? And then, walking away unscathed with $4K from a crowd of crimnals? I just can't see it happening. On the other hand, Nevermiss presents a more realistic position, from what seems to be a first-hand perspective. Although I don't agree with this type of activity, I gotta agree with the others that Goju's story is fabricated. Very entertaining fiction, though.
Posted by: mikelw

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 02/26/05 06:39 PM

Congragulations.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/02/05 01:43 PM

Last time I checked streetfighting was not MA. How do the moderators feel about this sort of illegal activity being posted on this site?
Posted by: JohnL

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/04/05 06:51 AM

A child with an imagination who watches too many MA movies is not illegal.

Johnl

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/04/05 09:36 AM

Fair enuff dude. Although if it was a true incident, I think most countries have laws against that kind of stuff. Nevermind anyways. Sorry about pulling this topic up to the top.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/11/05 09:46 AM

Even the Top UFC fighters don't train that hard! good story though.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/14/05 10:44 PM

I don't understand the big deal...I do the same thing for free in the high school bathroom without rules. It takes skill and strategy, moreso than a normal rules fight because most of my opponents don't take martial arts and because the bathroom has four benches and a toilet stall in the middle of the room preventing some moves. I'm only sixteen, so this may be the whole teenagers think they're invincible thing going on, but I'd rather for free than for for money because I value honor over a dollar, though I do make money off of it sometimes (around twenty dollars). Most people don't mess with me and my friends because of these illegal (but fun) skirmishes in the bathroom. Experience also teaches better than most senseis, sifus, etc. do.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/14/05 11:28 PM

What's honorable about fighting in your h.s. bathroom?

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/15/05 01:13 PM

Simple, u get respect. My honor code is different from everyone else's in that I'm one of the few who have one in the school and I don't do certain things. Bullying people weaker than myself is something I don't do and I usually fight people I know I would have to fight with everything in order to avoid serious injury. Anyways, it's just practice for fighting professionally in circuits and I always show respect to my opponents by bowing to them before and after the fight, so they know there are no hard feelings when I whoop them or the other way around. No one stops the fights when someone gets injured and it usually doesn't end until someone's unconscious or gives up.

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/15/05 06:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Masamune1134:
No one stops the fights when someone gets injured and it usually doesn't end until someone's unconscious or gives up.[/QUOTE]

How long before you wind up in jail, in the hospital or the morgue? Oh yea, right, that can't happen to you...

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 03/18/05 01:52 PM

You guys make me sick! Why do you fight back and forth with each other like children? Tell me, what are you gaining from it? If you don't believe the story, so what? You have the right to believe or not believe it. You don't have to say anything though. Your only embarassing yourself!

Re: My Street Fight(2) - 04/01/05 05:39 PM

This forum is halarious. I say if he made that much money from one fight then he should continue to fight, at least once every few months