sparring on the Bridge

Posted by: Anonymous

sparring on the Bridge - 11/15/04 08:32 PM

hey guys.. me and my friend were sparring in a nature preserve...well actually it was called that but it was more of a big park... anyways.. we found a nice old bridge.. not alot of people passed that place.. so it was perfect.. since it was fall and the ground was full of leaves.. bridge was the best place.. there wasnt even water under it.. so we can stand on the fence thingies on the sides(sorry my english isnt good i came to canada not too long ago) so anyways.. we just practiced side strikes and uppercuts with the bokkens in the air.. not making contact with each other(it isnt a matrix movie) and all those people started to come around us and started lookin... cant 2 ppl have some peace and quiet while practicing something he loves? you dont see people staring at soccer players in the street or in the park... anyways.. i just thought i'd share it with you guys and tel me what you think

Re: sparring on the Bridge - 11/15/04 09:53 PM

We all think your a moron.

Re: sparring on the Bridge - 11/15/04 11:58 PM

Often when I train its outside even in the middle of winter. When I work out of state on breaks I'd train in some way. I know what you mean people like to see that kind of thing. Most people dont really understand, and want to see more but dont really have the motivation to get involved. When I used to do kata and such outside my house the Neighbors probably thought I was crazy. Oh well I wouldnt have the skill I do now if I hadnt trained every chance I got. It dont matter what other people think if its something you love to do and its not harming anyone do it whenever you want.

Re: sparring on the Bridge - 11/16/04 02:01 PM

ok, thanks alot AgenT... that really helped... and yes degreeless... i do agree that was a bit stupid to spar in a park... but where else would i go? u expect me to spar in my house? come on! well thanks anyway guys i appriciate it!

Re: sparring on the Bridge - 11/20/04 08:55 AM

games of soccer etc are commonplace to non ma minded people, while a sword contest is a bit out of the ordinary,
they may have been interested in what you were doing and wish to try it themselves someday, - why would it matter if you are being watched?

the bottom line is that in a public area you stand a very good chance to run into members of the public

Re: sparring on the Bridge - 11/20/04 03:38 PM

Maybe they were waiting to cross the bridge.

Matt

Re: sparring on the Bridge - 11/23/04 01:21 PM

NONE SHALL PASS!!

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]