gotta love scaring people :)

Posted by: Anonymous

gotta love scaring people :) - 11/07/04 05:38 PM

i was at a party the other night with my friend, a bunch of the guys there were talking about fighting (me and my friend are both girls in case you didn't get that, and we both know how to fight). anyway 3 of the guys (i don't even know who they were) got kinda cocky like they didn't think we could really fight, and we could tell that nothing we said was guna make them change their minds. so we both looked at each other and kinda half nodded. we fight each other so much just for the hell of it that we know each other's styles and we know how to go with it to make it look good, or go against it to win the fight. so i let her use her signature move first, which is a certain armbar. i didnt resist cuz i know how cool it looks to people watching to see this move. the got me on the ground with the armbar then let go and i got up and threw her. we both looked at the guys with huge grins on our faces and they were so shocked it was priceless. i love doing that to people. don't judge a book by it's cover you never know who can fight and who can't.

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 11/08/04 02:49 AM

That is so true. Hehee I've done it to. In my experience its the people you least expect. I know some women who are just flat out vicous and because of that men twice their size wont screw with them. I think it has a lot to do with thier attitude to. When your confident That dissolves alot of hostility."sigh" Women really shouldnt be underestimated. You seem to have put them in their place. LOL
Posted by: schanne

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 11/08/04 06:59 AM

How old are you? It works real well when you go out to dinner with your friends too!?
Sorry I was 15 once too.

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 11/08/04 02:30 PM

escape-OK, so you look like little WWF divas, so what? That's athletics and showmanship, but it's NOT fighting. There's a difference.

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 11/09/04 07:25 AM

Escape...At least try to talk your way out..dont try to use your martial arts as a Way of getting out of situations first..you Said "dont judge its book by its cover" you dont know whether the people you try to intimidate have knowledge of Martial arts too...but you at least try to Get out by talking first...Fight = Last resort...as you cannot really 100% asure the other person will end up alive..

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 11/09/04 09:22 AM

Three guys wanted to fight you and your friend and you're girls???

Is it normal in your country for guys to pick fights with girls?? Or were these guys exceptionaly brave?

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 11/25/04 08:57 AM

WOW.....I gotta try that with man friend when somebody is trying to jump us in a street fight! I can picture it now. 10 hard core girls surrounding us with the intention of causing us physical harm (I'm a guy if you haven't notice). I suddenly roundhouse my friend and he see's it coming and acts like it hit him in the face and spinds his body around in mid air. The girls see that I now some kind of deadly martial arts and run for their lives...muhahaha muahahaha

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 12/21/04 06:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shaolin Kid:
WOW.....I gotta try that with man friend when somebody is trying to jump us in a street fight! I can picture it now. 10 hard core girls surrounding us with the intention of causing us physical harm (I'm a guy if you haven't notice). I suddenly roundhouse my friend and he see's it coming and acts like it hit him in the face and spinds his body around in mid air. The girls see that I now some kind of deadly martial arts and run for their lives...muhahaha muahahaha [/QUOTE]

lol!!

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 02/19/05 01:44 PM

i'm sorry, but I think i missed something here. Why is everyone saying that the guys wanted to fight Escape, pr making fun of her story, when all she did was to play a little with her friend? (i wouldn't even call it "sparring")
It doens't seem too far-fectched for me. i think it's because everyone here is so used to hear about those incredible figthing stories (including a bunch of fake delusional ones) that we're taking Escape's story as another of those stories. Calm down guys!

[This message has been edited by RoninBR (edited 02-19-2005).]

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 02/19/05 05:06 PM

No kidding, everyone is completely misunderstanding the post, and the original purpose of the thread.

At a party, some ppl were kind of doubting her and her friends fighting ability, because they were girls...hence "don't judge a book by its cover"

They demonstrated a couple simple moves and changed the guys minds with relative ease [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

I've done that before, but never on a friend. Sometimes I have friends or ppl I know at parties that hear I do martial arts somehow at the party. Then they'll make a scene (half drunk) about how I probably can't fight. It's all done in a way that he doesn't want to fight me, its not that serious, just saying in a half-joking way like "yeah right, your training probably won't help if I punch you in the face" . If he really wants to know, and everyone's interested, I usually just put on a quick wrist of arm lock on him, hard enough so that he feels it, and they tend to give my training some credit.

Perhaps I should perform a routine with a friend incase I need to do some serious demos :P

[This message has been edited by traz (edited 02-19-2005).]

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 02/22/05 10:35 PM

Sometimes I go to the park and show off a little bit. I usually draw a small crowd on onlookers and get a few hand claps. But recently at a party this guy was somewhat drunk, and i just happened to be the person he decided to mess with. I tried to just walk off because.....well he was drunk. Then he pushed me, so i quickly turn around on gaurd. As he stepped to me one of his friends actually said "wait i saw this guy at the park dude and he is bad, you'd better not **** with him" and right there the fight was over befor it begain. A little intemidation can go a long way

[This message has been edited by orayin (edited 02-23-2005).]

Re: gotta love scaring people :) - 02/24/05 06:15 PM

I've had quite a few funny very interesting encounters. I dont like to advertise i have any training and dont tell people. The ones that know mostly have seen me training, or have seen us in performances (My sensei had this thing about us performing for people.) But anyhow often times people will find out i have training and they just freak out! I dont even touch them or say anything they just totally freak out and are afraid of me.

One time in weights class, one of the "bigger" students was giving me crap all day! So i got a tennis ball and i launched it and hit him in the back. I took off running, mostly out of amusement he couldnt catch me. So we go into the locker room and he comes in with the tennis ball everyone is around and sees this. He comes within a few feet of me and launches the ball like full speed, tiger rolled and came out of it.. The look on peoples face was priceless. Tennis ball dented the steel lockers, thats how fast it was thrown)

Another one i was outside for lunch at school one day. And i have this rather obnoxious but entertaining friend. One day he came up to me for no reason at all and slapped me. I didnt see him coming caught me off guard. But out of reaction i raised up my foot and caught him square in the nutts. After he hobbled off everyone was laughing at him.. Quite a few people around actually. So he comes back about 10 minutes later with a cup of water threatening to throw it on me.. Oh how deadly huh?! haha! Anyways i did this one jsut cause i could.. I was already annoyed he was messing with me. I crescent kicked his forearm, his arm went numb, the cup flew, , and he stopped bothering me.. Needless to say people knew me after seeing this.