my best friends fight

Posted by: Anonymous

my best friends fight - 11/01/04 07:24 PM

my best friend chris is one grade higher than me and it was last year when another boy walked by him and called his mom a bitch. chris turned around and tapped brandon (the other boy) on the shoulder and said i heard that. brandon turned around and punched chris twice in the nose, making it bleed. chris takes off his jacket calmly and throws it on the ground. brandon is already running down the hallway but chris catches up easily and tackles him. chris gets im in a headlock and trips him, forcing him to get on both kmnees constantly punching brandon in the head. thats not why i wrote the story though. i wrote it because im mad. chris and i listen to metal and all that so we wear all the spikes and boots and black. spiky hair the whole shabang. anyway what pisses me off is that everyone said that the only reasion chris won the fight is because he used razors and spikes when brtandon wasnt even bleeding! and to top it all off, chris wasnt wearing any spikes or anything that day because he had history and ms dirden hates it when he wears that. but thats a different story...
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: my best friends fight - 11/01/04 09:16 PM

ckd,

What do you think the lesson was in your story, not that you are frustrated because people didn't understand?

The problem with responding with violence in kind is it feeds on itself. I can undestand your friend not liking someone calling his mother a bad name, but when he touched his friend, that legally constitues assault, and in turn the person struck him back.

Nothing of this is justified, neither name calling, invading someone's space, or counter-attacking.

But when your friend lost control and then took it upon himself to run after the other person, he also legally became the aggressor when he laid into him.

So people don't see the whole story and respond with their perceptions, right or wrong, because they only saw the final attack.

The issue isn't people's thoughts about your friend.

The issue is about the use of violence and each use stepping up the power.

At some point the law could get involved, and normally when they do so, they aren't intersted in the lead up details, only what they saw when they arrived. And unfortunately you're friends response does lead to the possiblity of the law dumping on him.

Seeking a better answer, for example not listening to mere words, even downright cruel and nasty ones, only leaves the one uttering them look like a fool, and keeps blood where it belongs.

Revenge is for bad movies, and only hurts everyone in life.

My opinion,

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: my best friends fight - 11/04/04 10:29 AM

Master, don't listen to Victor, he doesn't have a fu<king clue what he's talking about; he's just trying to act like he knows all and sees all. The moral of the story is that if your friend truly was wearing all that sh!t , Brandon did what many other people should have done LONG ago, the only difference is that Brandon wasn't trained to finish the job on your fagget friend. If you see Brandon again, shake his hand for me.
PS: You were made a human, maybe in the distant future you will become a dog, but don't start dressing like one until then...fagget

[This message has been edited by 12thdegree (edited 11-04-2004).]