i need tips for belt test...

Posted by: Anonymous

i need tips for belt test... - 11/01/04 05:52 PM

i am testing for my green belt in chun kuk do in about 2 weeks and i need some tips. especially from other ckd and tang soo do practitioner but all opinions are welcome...
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: i need tips for belt test... - 11/01/04 09:18 PM

CKD,

I studied Tang Soo Do for 2 years long ago. It helps for testing to train hard in class, so hard when you take your test you just act as you trian in class. That makes the test easy.

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu
Posted by: senseilou

Re: i need tips for belt test... - 11/02/04 12:03 AM

I have to agree with Mr. Smith. I train all my students to start training for their test, the night after they took the last one. If you train hard, your test should be just another night on the mat. My only other advise is not dwell on the techniques, but everyhting else. Look at your distancing, your timing, your body posture, and how you leave your attacker when your done. In my art, we leave everyone on the ground, your technique is not complete until they are down, and then how you move away from them when your done. If you leave someone standing, look how you leave them, where you position your body in relation to theirs. Check things like posture, focus, and try to respond to what the attaker does instead of just doing technique. Its all these things that will get you to another level instead of just concentrating on technique.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: i need tips for belt test... - 11/02/04 05:30 PM

thank you so much for the advice. i will do my best and more and just hope that i pass...