ever had a fight that changed you? I did....

Posted by: Anonymous

ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 10/23/04 05:50 PM

Ok, hi you all my ferst time posting on this forum... Ok, here it goes.

I was riding my bike and there are older boys blaying base ball I stoped and started to stare, untill a large (fat) boy around 2 years older than( I was 15 and 160 back then) me says.
"What?" I froze
"you got a staring problem?!"
I said nothing (intimidated)
It all escalated form there. he got up in my face and I pushd him. He tryed to tackel me but I sacrafice threw him over. I got up, stunned, and so he tackled me again, this time successfuly. He then procceded to punch me in the nose about 10 times till my nose started to flow with blood. He left and I went hom horrified That I lost to an unskilled ruffian that onely had intimidation and streghnthn on his side!!!

Now A year later I am 170lbs and a much better fighter. I have trained and worked very hard to Defeat him and that kid needs a seriuos humbling. I have also Isolated myself away from other people to train.

When I defeat him I will post again.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 10/25/04 02:48 PM

I dident beat him yet but I forgot to post some things...

This fight has made me humbler, wiser and less childish, I am a better person now that I know that im not invincable. Pride is ones downfall, I learned that the hard way. I have never told this story to enybody, not even my family. It also made me dout my skills as a warrior and learned that there is a mental side of martial arts not onely physical, If you dont train your spirit you will lose.

In all, that loss has made me stronger both mentaly and physicly, and no one will take advantage of me again.

Any martial artist that has a warped sense of confidence that they can beat every one on the street up, like I did, You are wrong And it may bite you in the butt one day.

BTW; that kid punches like a pu#sy, notice that it took 10 shots to make me bleed!

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 10/25/04 08:16 PM

I had similar humiliating experiences in high school. I lost various fights and won some as well; that's how you learn.

Most martial arts classes (TKD was the one I was taking at that time) don't have anything that simulates the chaos & unpredictability of a real fight. Sparring's usually strict and done with your friends in the Dojo who don't want to seriously hurt you like an opponent on the street would.

Therefore, the only way to get such experience is to be in fights. Once you're out of high school though you face jail time instead of suspension so it's harder & riskier to get real fighting experience.

If you can remember the sense of urgency you felt during that fight, I'd suggest putting yourself in that state of mind when you train. The fancy spin kicks & **** you may use in sparring will only help in a street fight if you've thoroughly mastered them. If you can be in the same adrenaline filled mindset when you train as you were when you got in a fight, you'll be better prepared.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 10/26/04 11:23 PM

we spar very hard at my shool for just that reason. we dont go 100% on the grappling of course but pretty close to 100% with everything else. so i'm always got a black eye or a fat lip or something. thinking about it i've only gotten in one fight since i began training... pobably 'cause i always look like ive had the bejeezus kicked out of me already...^^ i hope to hear about your success soon rock fight. you shouldnt go around looking to fight, but if your gonna then give 'em hell.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 10/27/04 11:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rock_fght:
Ok, hi you all my ferst time posting on this forum... Ok, here it goes.

I was riding my bike and there are older boys blaying base ball I stoped and started to stare, untill a large (fat) boy around 2 years older than( I was 15 and 160 back then) me says.
"What?" I froze
"you got a staring problem?!"
I said nothing (intimidated)
It all escalated form there. he got up in my face and I pushd him. He tryed to tackel me but I sacrafice threw him over. I got up, stunned, and so he tackled me again, this time successfuly. He then procceded to punch me in the nose about 10 times till my nose started to flow with blood. He left and I went hom horrified That I lost to an unskilled ruffian that onely had intimidation and streghnthn on his side!!!

Now A year later I am 170lbs and a much better fighter. I have trained and worked very hard to Defeat him and that kid needs a seriuos humbling. I have also Isolated myself away from other people to train.

When I defeat him I will post again.
[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------

Don't fight him. You have to turn the other cheek. Martial arts shouldn't be used in a way of revenge, but to show the other person you're the bigger man in the picture for walking away.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 10/27/04 11:49 AM

When I was a kid I used get into a lot of fights for no reason, because everyone didn't treat me the same way everybody else was treated. My mom, all ways took me to church to learn of the ways of forgiveness and loving another person even if they're not in your condition. So, between the ages of 14 through 16 I've trained my mind mentally in the way of Taoism and also read about Bruce Lee and his struggles of life. I took it; grasped it and used it in kung-fu.
Oh, and yesterday I almost got into a fight at school, but I was relaxed and calm. He wanted me to give up the seat , but I didn't. If I were to get into a fight with him I knew I would use the art of detachment and defeat my foe without any way of picking him up.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 10/27/04 02:18 PM

Thanx for the suport katiebarthedoor, the fight may be soon or it may take a month or a few months untill I confront him again...

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/04/04 10:35 PM

try me. I've got a handful of fight since kindergarten, some boy tried to get some lego from me but I punched him in the face and he punched me back I punched him again until I pushed him in the ball pool. I was 4 yrs. old that time and had no martial arts training, all I've got is my fists. but now this was different, I was 10 yrs old, 5-foot-1, and a solid 100 pounds, a 15 year old tried to push me into some kinda underground ultimate fighting event he was champion in when he was young, a tried to give it a shot because I know all the kids in the subdivision who were joining and most of them were some of my enemies when I was younger. the guy who convinced me into joining was a master of judo-karate, since I was a student of taekwondo at that time (a white belt), he trained some advanced techniques and my match came, I was pitted against a fat opponent who was an aikidoka, and never been my enemy. She fared well, only that led her out of the ring that's why I won, my opponent became my friend and the guy was angry with me. I was kinda disrespectful and did a technique he taught to me on him, I never agreed to go under him or any of his underground buds anymore, or when they get it, they'll be expecting more.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/05/04 05:22 PM

The few fights I have been in, aren't really worth a great mention. Except one. The sound of breaking bones is a sound that haunts you more or less all of your life. It was a simple fight. Two of as tussling - it was over a game of pool that I had put money down on. It was a simple snatch and grab. Go in, play like a drunkard. Then, being drunk and overly cocky, still play like a drunkard, clean up the table and walk out.

Well, it all worked well up to the point of taking the money and running. This is where it got strange. The guy got up in my face and pushed me back. My back, unfortunatly, hit one of the pillars, it was somewhat of an awkward position, its hard to explain. Lucky for me the person who was angry knew even less about fighting than he did about playing pool. And my friend I could see was moving in to help me by blocking the other guys who wer also going to lay into me.

Well .. it got bad from here.

Ducking the overly exadurated swing, keep in mind I am tall, somewhat lanky I'd say and have more strength in my legs than upper body, I did what I did best. An open hand strike to the ribs pushing my opponent backwards more than anything to gain some breathing, and with any luck. Some kicking room. A second person then assaulted me, luckily I was able to place a good kick to the back of the leg that brought him down and a kick to his shoulder put him down rather well. I was fuming by this point, adrenalin was pumping, my friend was in a fist cuff fight with a third guy and the person I hit in the ribs was laying on the pool table with one arm hanging off the edge holding onto the place I hit him. I was feeling pretty good at that point. A combination of intoxication and adrenalin had put my mind on fire and judgement wasn't a key factor at that point. I got hit across the back with a cue stick. I remember the cracking sound, some blackness, I remember the ground and an outright scream and an almighty cracking noise. Like lighting striking a tree. And then I remember the taxi and my back throbbing like I had just been whipped repeatedly with razorblades.

The rest is a recap from what I was told had happened. After putting the guy I had kicked out, or so I had thought, I turned to help my friend. However the guy I put down had gotten up. And hit me across the back with the cue stick. The cracking noise, I was told. However. Was not the cue stick. It was actually as I had fallen, the first person I had hit, who was lying on the pool table still had his arm hanging off the edge. After I had been hit I stumbled and passed out, falling on the 'elbow toward the ground' arm, effectively snapping it in two. The sound of the 'lighting striking a tree' was not infact the cue at all. It was his arm first snapping then dislocating.

The taxi I later found was actually because the ambulance had taken the guy with the broken arm. The person I had kicked had severe bruising but no dislocation. My back had a blue line across it for a few days. And the fist fight my friend was in ended with a lucky blow from my friend putting his opponent down. That was about the time the bouncer had managed to make it back up the steps.

Later, it was passed off in court as self defence and an accident. No charges wer pressed and I dropped the assault charges deciding not to take it up with the police. I think I was lucky but I'm to this day scared when I fight of breaking something. As the sound was something I can never. Forget.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/05/04 08:55 PM

The only result that fighting has had on me is it made me emotionally dead from doing it. The sound of bones breaking is sick to most people,strange to say though its never made me feel the least bit remorsefull or made me feel anything for that matter,not to say I'm sociopathic or anything but I could seriously injure someone and could care less if I killed them I dont feel those emotions as a result of the violence. I dealt with it constantly and am still dealing with although much less extreme now. Thats all fighting ultimatly does to you is make you emotionally dead to people and cold. I fought often for more then 16 years of my life you name it I've probably been through it, the result is a living hell, could you imagine what its like to be almost emotionless. Thats how it changed me

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/05/04 10:50 PM

Agent-

I'm sorry, but I doubt you've seen a whole lot to make you emotionally dead....by the age of 16. I doubt that very seriously.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/06/04 12:22 AM

I didnt mean it like that. I didnt say I dealt with violence untill I was 16 years old. I said I dealt with it almost daily for 16 years of my life and am still dealing with it, that may not seem that long actually it isnt but that is alot to go through constantly with no end. to put it plainly I've seen more violence in a month then most people with the exception of cops bouncers and such who deal with it as a job, have seen in a lifetime.They get paid though, seeing violence constantly as well as being a victim of it and someone who was stupid enough to cause it; changes a person. I fortunatly left most of that part of my life behind and managed to move on,or try to atleast, but that emotional side of me was almost completly destroyed as a result. I'm sure their are people who dealt with more. I'm just telling the effect it has had on me. I tell people to avoid violence mainly so they dont end up like me. I've lost alot of those emotions compassion and remorse are almost dead in me. if you were to meet me you would see the effect of it instantly,people can see it in others as plain as day. It makes you cold, if you dont believe me that fine, if you believe me thats fine to,it doesnt change the facts.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/06/04 02:00 PM

Ah, it sounded to me like another 16 year-old suffering poet exaggerating his teenage angst. My apologies, please forgive my skepticism. Life hasn't made me "numb" yet, but it sure has made me cynical.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/06/04 03:21 PM

Yes,sadly when I see a teenager begin to go down that road it almost kills me because I know what the are in for. The ones who are concerned with becoming a expert streetfighter, or defeating as many as they can. I unfortunatly didnt have a choice in the matter. I really hope that most people turn around and try to avoid at all costs. for those of you reading these posts in hopes of becoming a expert streetfighter there is no such thing. The only result of this quest will be death, or alot of pain,trust me when I say you dont want to go there it will destroy your life.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/06/04 07:25 PM

No .. you don't quite understand the meaning of suffering yet. After you realise you've just put someone through incredible pain you do feel remorse. No matter how dead you are. I couldn't forgive myself for a long time after that. And if your telling me you've seen and or heard someones bones shatter without remorse your very poetically inclined. I'm not hugely emotional. But I'm also not completely cold. The look in the eyes of a man who has just aquired a level of pain that could not be explained is something a little different to beating your best mate up a bit and helping him back onto his feet.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 11/06/04 09:31 PM

No. you dont quite understand. I have had both my bones and have broken other peoples. I'm dead serious when I say I dont feel a damn thing and wouldnt feel a damn thing if ten secounds later they were choking to death in their own blood. I'm the type of person whos emotions(the ones still there) shut off completely in a violent situation I'm not talking about a fight with a friend or the local punk I'm talking about people who were as violent as me that didnt want me to walk away(catch my drift). simplely put I'm not there to win a fight I'm there to survive if I have to kill my attacker, oh well I could care less. Their life to me is meaningless, I could show them sympathy but is it were reversed they wouldnt. I may seem like a violent person I was and if nessasary can become so at any moment. I'm not lying when I say I am ice cold to people. you may not be emotional but like you said your not cold. I am. Simply put they dont want that level of pain or worse, then they shouldnt start $h!t they cant handle. Actually I like the sound of my attackers bones cracking and try to break bones if I can its more effective then most tactics.

[This message has been edited by AgenT (edited 11-07-2004).]

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 12/22/04 03:37 AM

I truely feel sorry for u agent if u went through what I think u went through. I am glad though that u still have a small part of u that feels. Their is still hope 4 u to forget and move on.

Take Care of yourself man. Julayne
Posted by: schanne

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 12/22/04 09:25 AM

Sounds like your consumed with rage & revenge, understandable but your mind has become unbalanced. Now that you have the advantage through all your training is it right to beat him like he did you......if so now you have become know better than him.

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 01/26/05 03:05 PM

Thank you foolsgold for that little bit of sanity.

People that go on like that really get on my nerves. Chances are agent, you're a white, middle class mummy's boy trying to get people to believe your emotional (or emotionless depending on who you believe) sob story about how you love the sound of bones cracking from all the violence you've seen in your short, worthless life. Are you sure you don't just watch a lot of TV? "I know real pain because I can watch MTV"

Unless of course everything you say is true, in which case there's no point trying to say that you're not a sociopath because quite obviously (to anyone with half a brain) you really, really are. I suggest you seek help - preferably from a euthanasia clinic that will help rid you from the gene pool, thus preventing gormless idiots like you from ever having any say in life. If not then with a bit of luck you'll grow up to be a friendless recluse that lives in a cave alone.

(nearly finished)

"I have had both my bones and have broken other peoples." First off that makes no sense and secondly, with the "both" are you insinuating that you only have two bones? If so I suggest that you take a good, long, hard look at your body. You should notice many different limbs and extremities, and that most of them are solid and able to move independently of eachother. These are bones and before you ask, no, the penis is not a bone.

With that somewhat crude comment, I end my rant. Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Demigod (edited 01-26-2005).]

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 01/27/05 01:48 AM

Interesting rant,pointless, yet rather interesting. BTW yes at one point in my life I was diagnosed with extreme anti social disorder aka sociopathic personality, and PTSD and did get therapy which was a worthless waste of time. Friends in my experiance were backstabbers waiting for a opportunity, it wasnt if they'd turn on you its when. I dont need them, dont have to have them I'm fine by myself, they leave me the **** alone and dont hassle me, and I'll leave them the **** alone and we'll get along fine. If someone wants to rid me from the gene pool then by all means let them try, I could use target practice. Also I rarely watch tv and know plenty about the skeletol system of the body. As I said before if people believe me thats fine if they dont thats fine. One last thing I find sympathy rather pointless I never asked sympathy from posters and dont need it.

[This message has been edited by AgenT (edited 01-27-2005).]

Re: ever had a fight that changed you? I did.... - 01/27/05 08:45 AM

I know I'll get flamed and called an angsty teen for this, which isn't fair as nobody on here has got to know me yet, but I understand where this guy is coming from.

No, I'm not a violent guy, I don't go out starting street fights, and in most cases if somebody starts mouthing off about how he's so much tougher than me or he threatens me and gets up in my face, I'll just laugh at him and walk off, I feel sorry for people who are so desperate to get themselves a reputation that they have to fight at the slightest insult. They've obviously got some kind of weakness to cover for.

However, I have been in fights before, I've always been the guy who stands up for his mates or a kid who's being bullied etc, and usually I'm on the recieving end of violence. And in these cases, although I don't want to fight, I'm not just gonna stand there any get either, so I'll beat on the person attacking me.

I've injured people quite badly on a few occasions, one older guy who raped a friend of mine I attacked so viciously that my own mates who were watching ran in to pull me away because I dunno how far I'd have taken it. I wasn't consumed by blind rage either, I'm not the kinda person who gets a huge adrenaline rush and panicks and just attacks widly in a street fight, I'm calm and in full control of my emotions. I did plenty of damage to the guy, including broken bones, and I don't regret it one bit. I'm a nice guy, very friendly and I'm always the one who's there to look after a mate when he's going through a tough time, and I'm quite sensitive in a way, especially when it comes to my family, friends or animals. But despite that I'm very cold and emotionless when I'm fighting, and I'm 99.9% sure that I could kill somebody in cold blood and not feel that remorseful. If you want to take that as me just being an angsty teen trying to look "tough" or "edgy" then feel free, but its the honest truth.

I've only got in fights when I've had to, and the people who I've fought with aren't fit to lick the s*** off my shoes, and if I happened to severely hurt them, or more, I don't feel the slightest bit apologetic or guilty for it. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]