the time I did not get into a fight

Posted by: Anonymous

the time I did not get into a fight - 10/09/04 02:43 PM

recently I have had the pleasure of going back to MA. I found this board just today and am really excited about finding so many like-minded people. but I digress my story:
My job requires me to be sort of mean to alot of my coworkers. recently one of my co workers did not take my advise in the best posible light. he began to scream profanities at me from across the room. his sup took him into a side room and next thing I know he does not work at my place of business anymore. I thought no more about it when I went out to smoke next time he was waiting for me in the smoking area.
he kind of moved twards me so I dropped back into fighting stance. he stopped. I told him I did not want ot fight him but would.
I think he realized I was sizing him up when
he decided to retreat. I have not seen him since then but I am glad for the self confidence my training gave me more that the ability to cause him harm.
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: the time I did not get into a fight - 10/19/04 12:11 PM

Hello cormac42:

Sorry to hear your physical skills were needed. Your story gives another good reason for you to quit that "bad habit"... nobody can lie in wait for you, if you don't go to the smoking section... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Glad to hear the situation turned out peacefully.

Jeff

Re: the time I did not get into a fight - 10/19/04 01:48 PM

I work in a building with no windows and only florecent lights
everybody goes out to the smoking area
it is the olny place with real sunlight.
and yes I know I should quit smoking

Re: the time I did not get into a fight - 11/15/04 05:09 AM

Well done! I want you to know that I am pround of you my son and that you are truely great, KI radiates from each orfice and I think you are possibly the next bruce lee (or wayne king?)
I never heard of this crap happening if attitude is not on both sides and I've worked with the worst, ADVICE FROM SENSEI: be cool, be country, be courteous and if hes still a wanker you can always fire him or get money out of him laegally. elmo

Re: the time I did not get into a fight - 11/16/04 06:30 AM

I think elmo misunderstood my reason for posting here please let me explain:
all the stories I have seen in this forum followed similar lines. multi-attackers, beating the odds against you, everyone patting you on the back. my story only differs in that once it became obvious that I might give as good as I got it was not worth it to the guy.as for attitude on both side please read the very begining of my post. It is part of my job to be an ass to people. as for fire or get money out of him please re read post he was fired before he confronted me. you can't fire someone who does not work with you.
you realy should double check the facts given to you before posting.
and spell check would not hurt either.