arnis/balintawak true spirit test

Posted by: Anonymous

arnis/balintawak true spirit test - 09/29/04 11:10 PM

For those of you not familiar with it, balintawak is a Filipino stick fighting art.

So...there I was, testing. For this particular test, one of the requirements was to walk in the cardinal directions as the instructor called them, while whirling the sticks around in the figure eight pattern. Not an easy task. Trust me. It's even harder to do blind-folded. Also part of the task. Oh, and one more thing. You have to do this all by yourself, while the whole school watches.

So...the time came to do this. I got into position, let them blindfold me. The instructor starten calling directions, forward, backward, turn to right, left, etc. All went well, untill CRACK!! I had lost my timing, and wacked myself upside the head with the right stick. I stopped what I was doing, said nothing, and repositioned myself, and signalled to begin again. Needless to say...I passed the test...and won the student of the mont reward.

Now that's spirit!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: arnis/balintawak true spirit test - 10/29/04 08:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbunt98:

So...the time came to do this. I got into position, let them blindfold me. The instructor starten calling directions, forward, backward, turn to right, left, etc. All went well, untill CRACK!! I had lost my timing, and wacked myself upside the head with the right stick. I stopped what I was doing, said nothing, and repositioned myself, and signalled to begin again. Needless to say...I passed the test...and won the student of the mont reward.

Now that's spirit!
[/QUOTE]

Your humbleness is just... staggering. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]