Dojang Christmas party dissaster

Posted by: Anonymous

Dojang Christmas party dissaster - 09/29/04 10:59 PM

Hi all. I have a funny story that happened 8 yrs ago.

My dojang often had fun get-togethers around the holidays...and our instructor was well known for good food. So naturally, I went. This particular party featured Korean food. Anyone who knows me knows that I love international food. I wish I knew then what I know now.

I immediately got in line to sample the Korean signature dish- Kimchee...big mistake. My teacher at that time made the stuff himself. Spicy...strong...gut wrenching. I ate some and regreted it. My poor teacher had to run upstairs for a gallon of milk. Half of which I drank all by myself. In front of the whole school. Oy vey!
Posted by: sunspots

Re: Dojang Christmas party dissaster - 10/06/04 11:27 AM

I had a similar experience at Camp with salsa... One of Grandmasters is famous for his incendiary concoction. I had eaten some on a couple of chips and thought I was pretty cool for not flinching. Then I soaked up some of the juices on my plate with a bit of bread... That was my downfall. The bread soaked up more of the juices than the chips, and my eyes and nose ran for about an hour later, making me look like I'd been belted a good one right in the nose.

The Grandmaster has now earned my respect in more than just Martial Arts! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by sunspots (edited 10-06-2004).]