Proudest moment

Posted by: Anonymous

Proudest moment - 09/02/04 04:46 PM

Hey all , on the self defense thread i posted a topic of the coolest thing you have ever done . Well on this one i ask what is your proudest MA moment? I myself have a few that stand out but i think the one that makes me the proudest was the first time i ever threw my father (and teacher) over my head . It was great he had me in a choke and i flipped him so hard i couldn't believe it . As i watched him land i decided to get a litle smart and i said "yeah maybe 20 years ago GRANDPA!" well needless to say my ego was deflated very quickly after that. Anyone else got one?

Re: Proudest moment - 09/08/04 09:15 AM

what, the ninja guy got replies but no one wants to talk about your proudest moment ?

Re: Proudest moment - 09/08/04 10:10 AM

artos,
It could be that a response to your question would be an admission of pride on the part of anyone who responds. Since it is still considered vice in some circles it is almost like asking " what was your drunkest moment ?". In my own expierience I have found pride more intoxicating than any beverage. I also find that I have a low tolerance for both.
oldman

BTW, I enjoyed your story.

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 09-08-2004).]
Posted by: schanne

Re: Proudest moment - 09/08/04 01:18 PM

Proudest moment, I have two. The first is when I received my BB. The second is when my son (5) and daughter (7) joined our dojo and promised me they would try to reach BB. They are both purple belts and we train together three times a week at the school and train at home whenever we want or if they want to go over a particular technique.
Those are my proudests moments in MA. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Proudest moment - 09/09/04 08:56 AM

well i wasn't asking with the hope that folks would jump on here talking about what hardcore fighters they are . Pride is a thing that is best kept in some sort of check , but a little never hurt anyone . I am proud of many of the things i have accomplished , some mayhaps more than others but i do not let it rule me . Was just looking for some interesting stories . Just for a bit of clarity my proudest moment that doesn't involve MA is when i looked into my daughter's eyes for the first time .
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: Proudest moment - 09/20/04 02:43 PM

My proudest MA moment would have to involve my daughter, Natalie. To become a shodan in her style (choi kwan do, not my own isshinryu) she had to break 2 boards with a reverse kick. Although she was a petite 14 year old, she had no problem the first time. That same day a woman of 35 going up for sandan tried the same kick on 3 boards 4 times before giving up and breaking 2.

While I'm not a big fan of CKD, it's too bad Natalie didn't stick with it. She was very fluid. IMHO she also had sneaky power due to Okinawan karate principles she picked up from the old man.