Phila.Internal Arts seminars w/ Master Luo De Xiu

Posted by: walkingincircles

Phila.Internal Arts seminars w/ Master Luo De Xiu - 09/22/11 06:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to announce Master Luo De Xiu’s upcoming Philadelphia area seminars. We have a great curriculum planned for this year’s seminars.

Master Luo has the ability to impart the teachings of the internal arts without the mystery and formality that usually clouds these arts. His unique style of hands-on teaching breaks down the wonderfully complex theories and movements of the arts into simple components that are easily understood by beginners. Master Luo's 35 years of research into the theory and teachings of the internal arts, as well as his experience in many full-contact competitions gives him the ability to explain internal theory, proper body mechanics, health benefits and fighting theory in a way that gives new insights and perspectives to even the most experienced practitioners.

Curriculum:
Friday, September 23rd 7:00 pm – 10:00pm
Baguazhang: Training methods of Body and Mind:
The use of Qigong, Standing Meditation and stance practices with supplementary exercises such as Heavenly Stems to develop health and power for martial applications. These practices are important for practitioners of any style that has an internal focus, such as taiji, aikido, yoga and many other martial and meditative styles.

Saturday, September 24th 12:00 –7:00 and Sunday, September 25th 11:00 -6:30
Gao style Baguazhang and Hebei style Xingyiquan:
Baguazhang Long Form Circular Palm Changes. Emphasis on form and Usage
Baguazhang Linear Forms and Applications with Emphasis on Line 3- Theory of Change in Baguazhang

Hebei style Xingyiquan Ba Shi Linking Form - Ba Shi is a high level linking form that emphasizes rising, falling, opening and closing, Hsing-I’s drilling, crushing, pounding, and crossing Mother fists along with the animal shapes of the Rooster, Hawk, Swallow and Horse.

Monday, September 26th 7:00pm – 10:00 pm
Usage of throws, body checks and trips In Baguazhang fighting.

For more information, email: yizongphiladelphia@yahoo.com

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope to see you at the seminars.