Eye of the Phoenix MMORPG

Posted by: Raverunner

Eye of the Phoenix MMORPG - 05/17/06 03:37 AM

Have you ever wondered if you can do something with your martial arts skills other then competitons? Have you ever wanted to help in the making of an online video game? If you answered yes to either of these, then look no further. I am the lead developer of a new game coming out titled Eye of the Phoenix, an MMO with no weapons, no magic, just pure martial arts fighting. What im needing is real fighters to help us with the development, to make the styles more realistic. We need about 12 completely different styles, including one new one, called Cannon fist kung fu, which is pretty much boxing, just extremely hyped up and very powerful. So, if you want to help out, join at the forum and fill out the app form located on the bottom of the forum

http://eotp.proboards102.com/index.cgi
(yes, its a proboard, wont be for much longer)

So please fellow martial artists, help make an online game something truley unique, break the mold of cliche mmo's, and start your future today.
Posted by: quietstorm

Re: Eye of the Phoenix MMORPG - 05/17/06 04:19 AM

SHOOOOOW ME THE MOOOONEY!!!!!!!!!

Re: Eye of the Phoenix MMORPG - 05/22/06 06:15 AM

oh yeah, sorry, forgot the most important part. Well, as this isnt a big name, infact, this is our first game, though we are using the Torque engine, which is one of the best in the market, we cant afford to pay say hourly or anything like that. What we can do though is offer percentage. Once the game is complete, all members of the team will recieve an equal share of the profits, even if the game is still selling 5 years down the road. Though it isnt much, it is an opening to a future in video games, and maybe more.

Re: Eye of the Phoenix MMORPG - 05/22/06 06:21 AM

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but I just finished up the 12 styles we will be using.

Dim Mak
Hung Gar/Acupuncture
Stone Dragon
Ryu No Ashi
Muay Boran/Thai
Capoeria
Judo
Lucha Libre
Taijutsu
PaoChui/Cannon Fist
Five Animal Kung Fu
Karate
Posted by: Hiyoshimaru

Re: Eye of the Phoenix MMORPG - 05/25/06 06:18 PM

I can't really be of help to you, not for another couple of years, but I would like to ask where you are planning on setting the game? like all over the world? China? U.S? Or all of them, like a realm system? Anyway, sign me up for a copy when you're done, for sure.

Re: Eye of the Phoenix MMORPG - 05/26/06 10:23 PM

It will be based mostly in Ancient China, but it will be throughout all of the world, just in our own little world. So it wont really be China, but be like it. But there will be places like Japan, Brazil, Russia, the US. Places like that like that, kinda like realms in other MMORPGs.

What the purpose of this game is, is to merge multiple favorite gaming styles together, from the Team based gaming of FPS, the action of platform games like Tenchu, the community of an MMO, and the fighting of a true fighting game. With a hint of mini games to keep ADD kids like me paying attention.