Wudang Kung Fu Academy

Posted by: peipei

Wudang Kung Fu Academy - 02/16/06 04:52 AM

My master has a new website for his academy here in Wudang mountain, China with videos/pix showing Wudang kung fu. He teaches kung fu, tai ji, ba gua, xing yi, qi gong, nei dan, meditation. Check it out:

www.wudanggongfu.com

[image]http://www.wudanggongfu.com/images/master05_small.jpg[/image]
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Wudang Kung Fu Academy - 02/16/06 10:01 PM

Perhaps you would like to tell us what your experiences have been under your Master in Wudang Shan? a place I would dearly like to visit someday.

Re: Wudang Kung Fu Academy - 02/16/06 11:26 PM

Back in the states, I practiced some tai ji quan, and decided to come here to wudangshan to have a look about a year ago, and have been living here since.

The town and its attractions haven't been as commercialized as Shaolin is becoming these days (for good or bad), and so is not as popular as Shaolin. But the government here has been investing money into rebuilding its temples, and its daoist communities. The first place I studied at for a few months was near one of these temples (Zi Xiao Gong), but it was more for modern wushu training.

In pushing myself for this sort of training, my knees became injured. I heard about my present master in town, and visited him. His english is good, and he's a very open person, open to explaining and demonstrating principles, and is hands on. He helped me recover from my wounds, and is still fixing me up.

My personal pictures of my adventures in china:
photos.yahoo.com/rachelgm2005
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: Wudang Kung Fu Academy - 02/20/06 06:40 AM

You are lucky, that is awesome.

I currently practice taiji,bagua and xingyi, but I would love to practice some Taoist Nei Dan.

Re: Wudang Kung Fu Academy - 02/23/06 06:49 AM

Foreign students stay anywhere from a few days to a few years (1 student). The average is 1-2 months.

Usually, people travel here and have a look around initially for a shorter period, and return for longer study, or come 1x/2x a year as their schedule allows.