Wanted: Full contact competitors

Posted by: Enshin Karate

Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/20/05 09:34 PM

We are having the US capital Sabaki on jan 28 2006. It is open to all styles as long as the rules are followed. Before it starts, we are not trying to kill each other, so no groin kicks or punches to the face.
Also, I would love to put clips from our last tournament. How can I get it from DVD to where people can see it on the web?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/20/05 10:24 PM

http://www.yousendit.com/

http://www.putfile.com/
Posted by: DunDunna

Re: Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/21/05 05:27 AM

use something to rip it from dvd - like dvd shrink or something like that.

one question: full contact, but no punching in the face? not quite full contact then huh?

Re: Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/21/05 06:21 AM

We do not fight with gloves or pads so to bloody an eye really is not that hard. Kicks and knees to the head is acceptable.

Re: Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/21/05 06:24 AM

Thanks. I will work on it tonite.
Posted by: Kinge

Re: Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/22/05 01:02 PM

Good afternoon-

I saw this post and wanted to give a reference for the event as I was able to attend last year (to watch). This event is an awesome spectator event as the Karate action is based on "knock-down" rules without padding. While hand techniques to the head are not allowed, there are is tremendous action with kicks to head plus hand and punching to the body.

For fighters, this is a truly great Karate event. The organizing body is Enshin, that run the full Sabaki Challenge out in Denver, perhaps the premier contact karate event in the US.

Hopefully, I will be able to go again this year.

Kinge (who is not part of Enshin, Sabaki, or anything related)....
Posted by: NEAS

Re: Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/27/05 12:11 PM

Quote:

We do not fight with gloves or pads so to bloody an eye really is not that hard. Kicks and knees to the head is acceptable.

Thats how we sometimes spar.Dont spose there would be any form of payment?Like winners prize?

Re: Wanted: Full contact competitors - 11/27/05 06:46 PM

State of Virginia does not allow it. Besides the fighting is better when you fight for honor and spirit. When you have to go against 4 or 5 different styles. Halfway through the fight you really do not care about money. Although this is a non-profit tournament to help several charities. The profits that charities make depends on how many tiks are sold. With it arranged like that, every cent that any fighters spends is a tax writeoff. Everything from transpo to food to even the hours that they are there at the tournament.