What is the Best Martial Arts Movie of 2010?

Posted by: budomate

What is the Best Martial Arts Movie of 2010? - 01/21/11 06:14 AM

there is a lot of rumours, conversations and discussions on such a websites like www.imdb.com. www.comingsoon.net, www.budomate.com etc, but interesting what community thinks about it? What is the Best Martial Arts Movie of 2010?

Legend of the Fist. The Return of Chen Zhen
The Warrior’s Way
Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame
Reign of Assassins
Born To Raise Hell
Black Dynamite
Undisputed III: Redemption
Besouro
The King of Fighters
The Legend Is Born. Ip Man
Ip Man 2
Tekken
The Karate Kid
High Kick Girl
True Legend
Ong Bak 3
Little Big Soldier
Bruce Lee. My Brother
City Under Siege
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: What is the Best Martial Arts Movie of 2010? - 01/21/11 07:42 AM

You missed out Blood n Bone (think it was only released in the UK last year so it counts as a 2010 movie for me). My top three were:

Blood n Bone
Ip Man 2
Black Dynamite

How Michael Jai White and Donnie Yen aren't bigger movie stars worldwide is beyond me.

As good as Jackie Chan/Jaden Smith were, I thought the Karate Kid stank. I based the film on its own merits and overall I found it to be pretty weak. And any film that has the Chinese Communist party as a script editor is always going to struggle.

Ong Bak 3... yawn.

You also missed out Game of Death starring Wesley Snipes and Gary Daniels. Although short on running time, it was something a bit different and had a good fight scene between WS & GD.

My martial arts star of the Year is Michael Jai White. Hopefully his talents get him some much deserved great roles in the future. Honourable mention to Gary Daniels too, who has been a stalwart of Martial arts action movies for nearly 20 years and starred in some good movies this past year (The Expendables, Game of Death, Hunt to Kill).
Posted by: ITFunity

Re: What is the Best Martial Arts Movie of 2010? - 01/23/11 09:07 PM

I have to go with the remake of the Karate Kid.

Action wise MA movie that I saw was the Warrior's Way, plus I liked the story line, as it seemed like a take off of the Kung Fu TV series from the early 1970s.
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: What is the Best Martial Arts Movie of 2010? - 01/25/11 08:58 PM

The Warrior's Way - I like the fusion between east and west and the fantasy element. The story line is good and the fight scenes as well.

Ip MAn2 - aside from it being based on a true story I find this film very entertaining and it has great fight scenes too.
Posted by: methew

Re: What is the Best Martial Arts Movie of 2010? - 05/02/11 02:39 AM

Karate Kid was my best movie for this year. I had watched this twice and really excited coz it was the best story that I had ever seen.