Kickboxer series

Posted by: Stormdragon

Kickboxer series - 09/07/10 03:33 AM

On a wild hair I went back and watched Kickboxer 4 with Sasha Mitchell and Kickboxer 2. For low rate 90's martial arts flicks, they aren't bad all around. Kickboxer 3 was ok, 1 was real good, 5 was awful with a nonsense combo of Won Hop Kuen Do and Capoeira and a loose conenction to kickboxing and zero relation to the origional story.
Posted by: Dobbersky

Re: Kickboxer series - 09/08/10 05:16 AM

DO they actually do a Box Set of the Kickboxer Series 1 - 5
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Kickboxer series - 09/08/10 09:12 AM

I liked the Sasha Mitchell movies. For some reason I was never that keen on the first movie. Just thought it was too goofy in places. I don't mind a tongue in cheek film that knows what it is, but Kickboxer 1 was just so silly in places. Impressive training montages though!
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Kickboxer series - 09/08/10 09:25 AM

Yeah he played the part perfectly, especially in four. That was my favorite. Tong Po became a real pansy. Why does he always look like he's made of plastic?
The evolution of Sasha's character over the course of the series was interesting.

No idea if they do a box set.
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: Kickboxer series - 09/10/10 03:07 AM

I know they have the Kickboxer Collection (2 disk box set) composing of Kickboxer 4&5 DVDs. If they have this they'll probably have the Box Set of the Kickboxer Series 1 - 5.