vindication

Posted by: bcihak

vindication - 08/05/10 01:54 PM

I was watching the directors commentary on the kick ass dvd and heard the director talk about the scene where hit girl kills the drug dealers in the drug den. He commented that a lot of people say that the old guy doing drugs was just some innocent guy who happened to be there and then got killed by hit girl. Matt Vaughn asked, "why do they assume this guy was an innocent guy." He mentioned that this guy probably went out, did bad things and then came back to do drugs. This is something I pointed out a while ago, and I am glad he confirmed my idea. Thanks.
Posted by: Cord

Re: vindication - 08/08/10 02:15 AM

well, as the actor involved was neither drug dealer, nor criminal, and certainly was not killed as part of the filming of the scene, I dont really think its of much importance wink
Having said that, cannon fodder in action movies are always dehumanised, and defined as universaly 'bad'. Its that simplified world that makes such stuff so much fun, and also why films that question such sweeping generalisations (The Unforgiven, Road to Perdition etc), make such a welcome change.

I just wouldnt spend time agonising over a comedy superhero parody wink