Thor's hammer

Posted by: bcihak

Thor's hammer - 07/29/10 06:18 PM

I watched the trailer. We'll see is all I can say. I will say I think the hammer is a little wrong. I think they over sized the head and made the handle too short. It looks wrong when he swings it. They should have gone with a slightly more conventional looking hammer.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Thor's hammer - 07/30/10 03:54 AM

Yeah, I think making it so close range a weapon may limit the fight choreography, but we'll see - hell, maybe they have done a 'handle grows to his needs' gimmick? Anything's possible.

I am still not happy about the casting. I have absolutely no idea why they didnt go with Alexander Skarsgård, best known for being Eric in True Blood. Bulk him up a bit and he is an absolute no brainer for Thor.

I thought the trailer looked a bit ropey, and for me not to get excited about a big FX blockbuster trailer is very rare indeed.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Thor's hammer - 07/30/10 10:10 AM

I wish they would do a movie on Asgaard's fight against the Celestials. That was one of the most awesome comics I have ever read. Odin in the Destroyer armor, Thor losing Mjolnir, etc......[/geek]
Posted by: bcihak

Re: Thor's hammer - 07/30/10 02:29 PM

Yeah, the true blood guy would have been a good pic.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Thor's hammer - 07/31/10 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: MattJ
I wish they would do a movie on Asgaard's fight against the Celestials. That was one of the most awesome comics I have ever read. Odin in the Destroyer armor, Thor losing Mjolnir, etc......[/geek]

Well, I just wish that they would scrap 'The Avengers' project, and go crazy with a 600 million budget version of 'Secret Wars'

I will see your geek, and raise you a nerd grin