New Movie

Posted by: ITFunity

New Movie - 06/10/10 10:51 AM

While this may not be technically a MAs film, this is about warrior fighters in a country that created, developed & supported the development & spread of many MAs.
Its website is:
www.frozenchosin.com

This is an independent film made by 2 US Marine Corp battle Captains. It tells the story of an historic battle that few know about. It took place in the Korean War, often called the forgotten war. It is the stuff "legends are made of". After all, what were (or are) MAs? They were of course fighting techniques to defeat an enemy beofre we had such fancy technology that gave us sanitized weapons. So I guess it is a MA film in the true sense or an original use.

I thought readers may be interested as it also takes place in Korea, where understanding of Korean history is a required subject if one wants to more fully understand the KMAs. This was what led me to finding out about this documentary. The website link provided above contains a movie trailer that is over 2 minutes long that looks fantastik!
Posted by: VDJ

Re: New Movie - 06/11/10 10:45 PM

Now THIS I would go see! Notice here that they talk about the North invading the south. Maybe the Proffesor form Columbia and Ms. Lee should speak to some of the people who were actually there to get their facts stright!

VDJ

Re: New Movie - 08/28/10 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: VDJ
Now THIS I would go see! Notice here that they talk about the North invading the south. Maybe the Proffesor form Columbia and Ms. Lee should speak to some of the people who were actually there to get their facts stright!VDJ
There is no question that the north crossed the DMZ 60 years ago on June 25, 1950, officially starting the Korean Civil War. However I am not sure if many know that actually SK killed more NKs before the War officially started. There were problems between the 2 halves of Korea since the division of Korea by the USSR & USA. There is a belief that the NKs did not strike earlier as they were busy with their troops fighting in China, helping the communists there. That was probably a major reason why all out war didn't sooner & when it did & NK started to lose, that Red China entered, battling back to a stand off.

Re: New Movie - 09/13/10 10:41 PM

Ok their website shows that this movie is currently playing in NYC till Sept 16. It will also be showing in LA & San Fran in California later this month. It will also be at the NJ Film Festival Sept 24 at Rutgers Univ. Thise in western PA by Ohio will have a screening on Sept 26 & in southern PA by the border with Maryland on Nov 21.
The film will also move to south Korea in November to honor the 60 year anniversary of this epic battle.
For more info, please check their website at:
www.frozenchosin.com/

They also are on facebook, twitter & myspace as well