Review on Ip Man 2

Posted by: budomate

Review on Ip Man 2 - 06/03/10 05:58 AM

If the first Ip Man movie was about Japanese invaision in 1937 and Ip Man fought for the honor of Chinese people, so now he fights for Chinese martial arts.

From the fist second authors give you a message that you will see something big, great masterpiece and oustanding soundtrack works on it. Keeping in mind events of the first part you are ready to immerse in the movie and hungry to see what will happen next.

Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Review on Ip Man 2 - 07/17/10 01:01 AM

I like how its become a series to raise Chinese Pride (especially with the economic boom China has experienced over the past years)...I'm Chinese American and I definitely felt like I should go out and prove to the world my awesome-ness.

either than that, too much focus on the Brits and not enough on him trying to establish himself in Hong Kong.
Posted by: TKDMark

Re: Review on Ip Man 2 - 07/27/10 10:42 AM

I just watched this movie last night. I have not seen the earlier movie, and until now had only heard the mans name. I knew he had something to do with kung fu, but that was it.

First and foremost, I was impressed with the movie. It drew me in and kept me interested. The martial arts scenes were well done and fun to watch. The story was compelling and, I assume for now, gave a good sense of the man.

I came away with a desire to learn more about the man AND wishing there was a school nearer to my hometown that taught wushu.

I'll have to go buy this one.
Posted by: TKDMark

Re: Review on Ip Man 2 - 07/27/10 12:59 PM

I have to apologize. The movie I saw was the 1st one. I have not seen Ip Man 2 yet. I will look for it though.